I agree with Laser, if I'm expecting a message or something I will let my dinner guest know so it's not a surprise. Generally though I will allow calls to go to vm with the BB on stun until after the meal figuring if it's really, really important they'll call 2x and the 2nd time I'll excuse myself to find out WTF!?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-08 09:59 PM
    HECK YEA!!!!! I would answer my BB in the middle of a church service!!!!

03-16-08 10:12 PM
    I always always answer my phone, if its a call I'll tell them I'm busy and I'll call them back if its Aim, bb messenger or text I'll shoot them a quick reply. If the message is from someone that might want to start a convo, then I'll respond and let them know I'm @ dinner and I'll get back to them later. They way I see it is anyone that's my "friend" knows I'm addicted to my berry and if they don't like it to bad.

03-16-08 10:30 PM
    My onw rule for dinner is no control freaks, haha.

Seriously, I think people my friends are grown up enough to decide when they should answer their phone. And I got news for you. I don't care who I was having dinner with... if my girl calls, I'm answering

Patrick
    03-17-08 12:15 AM
    I totally agree with that! I don't think it was necessary first of all to set rules, second of all to give your friend nasty looks. Geeez was it some formal diplomatic dinner??! I mean, if it's just an ordinary dinner to hang out with friends then...RELAX! Talk, text, IM, do whatever you want! As long as we don't be rude or disturb the conversation, using our BBs is not a problem. At least for me! If I get a call, and its not important, I just tell him/her to call back; if I receive a message or IM i simply answer - one can text and talk at the same time!

My friends and I go to our dinners so we can catch up with each other. We don't get together that often which is why grounds had to be laid down-Plus we all agreed to the rules..that's the way we choose to handle it. Why come together if we are going to talk, text, IM to others especially when it's not urgent, important or work related??? Yeah answering the call and saying call back later is tolerable. We can hold our BB addiction at bay for a few hours I'm sure...LOL.

Best,

Otto
    03-17-08 07:42 AM
    My friends and I go to our dinners so we can catch up with each other. We don't get together that often which is why grounds had to be laid down-Plus we all agreed to the rules..that's the way we choose to handle it. Why come together if we are going to talk, text, IM to others especially when it's not urgent, important or work related??? Yeah answering the call and saying call back later is tolerable. We can hold our BB addiction at bay for a few hours I'm sure...LOL.

Best,

Otto
    I concur, haha.
    03-17-08 07:46 AM
    I glance to see who is calling, unless I think it may be an emergency voicemail handles it.
    On a dinner date I don't even look.
    03-17-08 07:55 AM
    Wow, who has rules for dinner time? Relax woman (or man!) !
    03-17-08 07:57 AM
    I don't answer, text or email while at dinner.

03-17-08 10:24 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD