Those reader responses didn't suprise me at all. Those are the same kind of people
    you find here and on other smartphone forums. People that are fans of whatever
    they own. Fan is short for fanatic. We've gotten to the point where if you put
    down the type of phone they use, it's like you walked into their house, ate their
    food, kissed the dude's wife on your way out and kicked the dog. They feel that
    disrespected.
    01-10-10 01:18 PM
    LOL, phones are like a drug
    01-10-10 01:28 PM
    But why should you care if someone doesn't agree with what you like? What does their agreement or lack of it mean to you?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I personally don't care but trying to stop people from caring is like herding cats.
    01-10-10 04:53 PM
    I think everyone is entitled to there opinion
    Me too! As long as it's the same as mine.

Seriously, I'm in retail. I see better than 50% of our shoppers make at least one phone call during their shopping trip. No one wants to make a decission anymore. It is too easy call someone for an answer.

I take the time to talk to 2 or 3 shoppers everyday when they have a phone in their hand. It starts simple, I ask what kind of phone they have. In the last year I have seen a lot more people with smartphones and I am amazed at how many are BB's. However, I have never found one of them that use their smartphone for more than making phone calls. Berry or not they have them because someone said it was cool. I am amazed everyday at how many people there are that don't have a clue what their phone can do.
    01-10-10 05:14 PM
    Me too! As long as it's the same as mine.

Seriously, I'm in retail. I see better than 50% of our shoppers make at least one phone call during their shopping trip. No one wants to make a decision anymore. It is too easy call someone for an answer.

I take the time to talk to 2 or 3 shoppers everyday when they have a phone in their hand. It starts simple, I ask what kind of phone they have. In the last year I have seen a lot more people with smartphones and I am amazed at how many are BB's. However, I have never found one of them that use their smartphone for more than making phone calls. Berry or not they have them because someone said it was cool. I am amazed everyday at how many people there are that don't have a clue what their phone can do.
    Actually, I think it may be the opposite. I think the reason we care so much is because we use our devices for much more than making phone calls. A good smartphone can be someone's lifeline. Sometimes I feel disconnected if I don't have my BB with me. I also feel disorganized if I don't have it. I get a feeling like I should be doing something and not knowing whether or not I had an appointment or something on my task list that I was supposed to complete drives me crazy. When you depend on a device for so many things that help you to keep going during the day everyday, you begin to feel an attachment to it. Its because if this attachment that we become overprotective of our devices. But , we do need to understand that because someone criticizes an electronic device that keeps are live sorted doesn't mean that we should have an inflammatory reaction. On another note. What I think is hilarious is that the ones who take the criticism of their devices so seriously that they want to start a verbal assault, are the very ones who post on forums about how frustrating their device makes them. They can criticize their device, but no one else better dare do it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 07:54 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD