As I've posted in the past, I really don't "want" flash, but unfortunately it has become a necessity. It is very frustrating to need information when away from my computer only to get stuck on a website that actually requires Flash in order to function. Love it or hate it, it has become a necessary evil.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This is why I approve of Apple's choice.
    Because Apple has a lot of clout with the iPad ad iPhone, companies have some more incentive to make their sites compliant.
    now there are significantly less flash-only sites around, but the ones that ARE flash only are a pita to browse even on a computer (take mazda.ca for example)
    06-01-10 04:43 PM
    Personally, I don't think flash is needed. I mean if someone could get it to work properly and consistently then there's nothing wrong with having the option. But for me, if it hinders performance just one bit and kills the battery , no thanks at all. I've done pretty well without it now and I don't visit many sites on my phone or computer for that matter that require flash.
    06-01-10 04:53 PM
    Flash Is not Important For BB
    06-01-10 09:52 PM
    Before we even talk about Flash, how about we get the Browser up and going first...
    06-01-10 10:40 PM
    Before we even talk about Flash, how about we get the Browser up and going first...
    LOL
    yeah baby steps sounds good
    06-03-10 08:03 PM
    Well put........
    06-04-10 05:49 AM
    NO it's a phone with a browser not a pc.
    06-04-10 08:55 AM
    Short answer: Yes, we want Flash, but obviously we want it to work.

Long answer: Yes, we want Flash, but functionally speaking, it will take time for it to be refined and worthy of heavy usage on a smart phone. Right now, it is very resource intensive, and would greatly benefit from tweaking and perfecting it to run on a portable device.

Yeah, it's a Phone not a computer. But the direction of the smart phone is to be able to use it's browser to do all your computer's browser can. This means Flash. Much of the internet includes Flash in some form. It would be idea to have Flash load on demand, or have a site list that allows it to run. (i.e. homestarrunner.com, but not crazy flash 80's retro Geocities site for unicorn princesses and Star Wars with rainbow lightsabers in disco theators but still under construction.)

So yes. We want Flash. But like every other feature we want, we want it to work. Android has proven this is feasible, but will take time.
    06-04-10 09:31 AM
    With flash comes all of the ads etc. cause they are all or mostly made with flash. Some good, some bad and yes data intensive which I'm sure carriers will charge more for.
    06-04-10 09:58 AM
    The flash player will be helpful to me. I wonder why they haven't release it yet.

06-04-10 10:00 AM
    NO it's a phone with a browser not a pc.
    Yeah why attempt to improve a device right? Technology is utterly incapable of improving.

By your old fashioned and illogical proxy, smartphones shouldn't even exist.

"NO, it's a phone not a computer why should it allow me to surf the internet?"
    06-04-10 04:01 PM
    i've been uZard web browser and i LOVE having flash! So many sites use Flash that it's kind of necessary to have it. Especially nice for those of us that don't own a PC or need to browse on the go! i want Flash in native browser.

06-04-10 04:03 PM
    Yeah why attempt to improve a device right? Technology is utterly incapable of improving.

By your old fashioned and illogical proxy, smartphones shouldn't even exist.

"NO, it's a phone not a computer why should it allow me to surf the internet?"
    Not so old fashioned I know the smart phones are mini computers and maybe if I had a larger screen to view with I might feel different but with my little screen I have no use for it.

That is my opinion which I know doesn't matter to anyone else but eh. I also don't want it adding data usage to my account esp. after they all go to tiered plans. I use enough data now.
    06-04-10 05:26 PM
    Yes I want Flash on my BB.
    06-06-10 11:58 PM
    Yea it would be nie to see flash on our bb's but if not I wouldn't be let down about it

06-11-10 09:45 AM
    If you can turn Flash on and off whenever you want/need to while browsing the web, that would be cool. I only see myself using Flash for some websites, along with youtube, not 100%
    Agreed. I would love to be able to have it just like that. I need it for websites for my business. I have sections on my websites that require flash to work and I would be able to check on items while out and about, and not have to wait until i can get to my PC. I'd love to be able to turn it on and check what I need to and then turn it off when i don't need it. Then go about my business.
    06-11-10 11:36 AM
    Short answer: Yes, we want Flash, but obviously we want it to work.

Long answer: Yes, we want Flash, but functionally speaking, it will take time for it to be refined and worthy of heavy usage on a smart phone. Right now, it is very resource intensive, and would greatly benefit from tweaking and perfecting it to run on a portable device.

Yeah, it's a Phone not a computer. But the direction of the smart phone is to be able to use it's browser to do all your computer's browser can. This means Flash. Much of the internet includes Flash in some form. It would be idea to have Flash load on demand, or have a site list that allows it to run. (i.e. homestarrunner.com, but not crazy flash 80's retro Geocities site for unicorn princesses and Star Wars with rainbow lightsabers in disco theators but still under construction.)

So yes. We want Flash. But like every other feature we want, we want it to work. Android has proven this is feasible, but will take time.
    Couldn't have said it better. Who wouldn't love having flash if it worked flawlessly?
    06-11-10 11:45 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD