HI folks. I'm a Sprint user. For a few years, I had been able to set my phone in a few specific spots in my room and get decent reception. Then all the sudden three days ago, those spots stopped working. I couldn't find reception anywhere (very consistently anyway) in my house. Reception would be CRAZY spotty.

So I got a new phone. I went from a 9650 to a 9350. The new phone (the 9350) had the same issues. There's no consistent signal anywhere, which is strange for two reasons.
    1) I had reception 4 days ago (if I'd be careful where I put the phone....stupid, but we'll let this go)
    2) I can find spots which HAVE a few bars of reception for a minute or so, but then quickly lose those bars as soon as I try and transmit anything. Or they'll simply not transmit anything even though it says I have 3 bars, or....

I REALLY don't want to go to Verizon. I have SUCH a sweet deal with Sprint ($56 a month). So my question is THIS:
    If I switch to another phone, might reception improve? Are there some phones which have a reputation for dealing with poor reception better than other phones?

THAT is my question! Thanks for your helpl!

-Stephen
    09-20-12 11:29 AM
    Some phones do get better reception than others but its hard to say which unless you try them.
    09-20-12 11:38 AM
    Have you looked into Sprint Airave? It's kind of like a mini-tower for you home that you connect to your router which should boost your signal significantly. Call up Sprint and tell them you are having trouble with reception, and that it used to be decent before but now its terrible. Eventually they should bring up the Airave, and normally its $99 plus $5 a month to use it, but for quite a few people they have waived both the initial cost and the monthly fee. Just google "get an Airave for free" and you'll see how some people were able to get one.

Best of luck to you!
    Last edited by Kulluminatii; 09-20-12 at 12:42 PM.
    09-20-12 12:39 PM
    back in the days when I was living at my parents in the basement I was experiencing that, some phone ad better reception than other. I guess some have better antena.
    09-20-12 12:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD