I installed 5.0.x on a (Rogers) Bold 9000. After the install, BIS was gone. I had no data access and couldn't create BIS email addresses (BES only). I called Rogers and they did whatever they had to do in their system to re-enable BIS. The service rep told me that SIM card in the phone, which is of an older type (3400 series vs 4000 series?), should be updated. So my question, do SIM cards somehow affect BIS service after OS installs / upgrades?

Thanks.
    03-09-10 11:00 AM
    Did you try just resending the Service Books before you called Rogers?
    03-09-10 12:41 PM
    Well yeah Rogers is a GSM carrier I think. The SIM card is crucial for your phone to work.
    03-09-10 02:43 PM
    @Motorcycle Mama: I did the register now and received and activation email, but I still didn't have BIS.

@MisterObvious: the phone has a SIM card, but not the "most recent series of SIM cards". My question was if not having an up to date SIM card would affect BIS.

Thanks.
    03-09-10 03:53 PM
    Register Now merely re-registers the Host Routing Table.

Resending the Service Books is something completely different. And you need to resend your Service Books after you install the phone OS in order to get the emails sent to the device.
    03-09-10 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD