I dont care about helping people with same questions. Thats why I joined and actively post everyday. I understand the search feature leaves something to be desired so I will either find the link for them or copy someone elses response and cross post it ( giving credit to whomever the OP was). I have noticed that if you google your issue 90% it will have a link right back to CB. Works good for me.
    02-27-09 07:12 AM
    It's funny that the people that you see having temper tantrums about people not searching haven't popped their heads up in here.

Just help a brotha out. Answer the question. If you still want to tell people to search, please do it a little nicer.
    Ya see, people don't like to be called out on things. I'd even say half of the people are trying to help people use the site better and it just reads wrong. It is quite hard to tell how something is "said" when you can only read. Inflection is a wonderful thing.
    02-28-09 04:14 PM
    Do a search!! I'm pretty sure there's already a thread on this same subject. Haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ****!!!! You totally beat me to this skull!
    02-28-09 04:17 PM
    This subject is beat to death. To me its an easy choice...if you dont want to help then dont. If you want to then do. That simple. Yes people should search first but lets face it....the search feature is messed up in 2 ways. 1 people dont put a good title on the threads they start and 2 there is so many threads that come up it would take forever to go thru. Most people that post the same thing looking for help are newbies and are desperate. I for one dont mind helping, if my post helps you then great. If I post something and it isnt the most accurate response/answer ...well I tried thats all I got. To be called out on something, that dont bother me one bit because I'm not here claiming to be the end all for everything. One first must have feelings for them to be hurt. Its the internet......theres always keyboard cowboys wherever you go.
    02-28-09 05:04 PM
    A lot of people just simply like the One-On-One interaction. Yes many times a question asked can be answered if they had simply done a search. However many people simply like to be walked through a procedure or problem step by step on a personal basis. It's not just the question they are asking, but the interaction that enables them to realize they are part of a community. In turn, in the future they will return that favor to somebody else.

Realistically, if every single user did nothing but search all the messages on this forum for their answer and took what was already provided and didn't post, every forum would become a ghost town (well excepting maybe the social forums).

Personally I think every new thread about "Use the Search Function!" should be filled with replies pointing out they should have searched and bumped all the other gazillion "Use the Search Function!" threads.
    02-28-09 05:35 PM
    Well put rm. But I do understand the other people side too. There are people that come here have 1 post (question) and never return...why not search a littler mor than being lazy. Its a tough subject to deal with but it gets this way when there is this many people using a forum.
    02-28-09 05:50 PM
    I agree with the OP, why even take the time to login just to post "do a search"...

I DID notice, that after the "CrackBerry new years resolution" people got a whole lot more polite on this board.

Either way, this forum is a lot more polite than the SprintUsers.com forum, they need to learn from this one.
    02-28-09 09:15 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD