I definitely type more on a pkb. The PP pkb is missing the forth row and I do miss that. Even still, my emails are usually longer.

I also type a lot faster on a pkb.

Posted via CB10
    Oshasat likes this.
    04-13-16 11:32 AM
    I *need* a PKB to dish out longer texts, no matter be it forum posts, comments, mails or maybe blog didn't need to...Case closed.
    I didn't want to quote your whole message again and take up space but you nailed it with everything you said. I couldn't agree more and wish I could like your post a thousand times.
    Oshasat likes this.
    04-13-16 01:47 PM
    I can type 'cool story bro' on a vkb just fine.
    JeepBB, Ronindan and TGR1 like this.
    04-14-16 01:20 AM
    (everyone else had either legal pads
    This is why I do not take class notes on vkb auto correct.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-16 08:26 AM
    This is why I do not take class notes on vkb auto correct.

Posted via CB10
    I never had a problem with it.
    04-14-16 09:16 AM
    I never had a problem with it.
    Lol look at what I quoted again.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-16 11:32 AM
    Lol look at what I quoted again.

Posted via CB10
    OK...and? By the way, I typed that on a laptop keyboard.
    04-14-16 11:43 AM
    OK...and? By the way, I typed that on a laptop keyboard.
    Yes, let's say you typed "legal" in the perfect spelling instead of "note" by a complete accident on a laptop keyboard. Lol

VKB auto correct is still no match for an accurate pkb without auto correct.
    04-14-16 03:54 PM
    Yes, let's say you typed "legal" in the perfect spelling instead of "note" by a complete accident on a laptop keyboard. Lol

VKB auto correct is still no match for an accurate pkb without auto correct.
    What does that even mean? Are you trying to say that you've never heard the term "legal pad" before? Legal Pad | Definition of Legal pad by Merriam-Webster
    04-14-16 04:11 PM
    What does that even mean? Are you trying to say that you've never heard the term "legal pad" before? Legal Pad | Definition of Legal pad by Merriam-Webster
    Oh I see. I thought that was a typo.

I had never heard of that term.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-16 04:53 PM
    Oh I see. I thought that was a typo.

I had never heard of that term.

Posted via CB10
    Lol. Seriously?
    04-14-16 10:06 PM
    Lol. Seriously?
    Hi,

I'm happy to admit I've not heard it either.. I could make an educated guess, but it was a new expression to me too. Suppose we have to remember some things like that are localised to an area or country and may not be "world-wide", so to speak.

If I said to you having a Blackberry for me could be like "having a caboolen in my pocket", would you recognise that immediately? ;-)

It's UK old Cornish for "a holed stone, tied to a rope, and used to drive pilchards or mackerel back from the opening of a seine net", or in other words, my Blackberry could be seen as a dead weight only fit for one purpose etc.

(Of course, that's not true.... but for some people, they do feel "lumbered" with a work Blackberry, when their company insist on using them)

Regards

James
    04-15-16 03:12 AM
    Legal pad isn't a particularly obscure or local term (and I'm from rural Shropshire...)
    04-15-16 04:13 AM
    Legal pad isn't a particularly obscure or local term (and I'm from rural Shropshire...)
    I was just about to answer, but cgk just took the words out of my mouth. Heheh.
    04-15-16 04:16 AM
    Derp?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    04-15-16 08:53 AM
    Derp?
    A perfect summary of this thread.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-15-16 09:08 AM
    Hi,

I'm happy to admit I've not heard it either.. I could make an educated guess, but it was a new expression to me too. Suppose we have to remember some things like that are localised to an area or country and may not be "world-wide", so to speak.

If I said to you having a Blackberry for me could be like "having a caboolen in my pocket", would you recognise that immediately? ;-)

It's UK old Cornish for "a holed stone, tied to a rope, and used to drive pilchards or mackerel back from the opening of a seine net", or in other words, my Blackberry could be seen as a dead weight only fit for one purpose etc.

(Of course, that's not true.... but for some people, they do feel "lumbered" with a work Blackberry, when their company insist on using them)

Regards

James
    I think the point is that it was odd that he didn't recognize a term and immediately jumped to the conclusion that it was a typo.

I think people like to pretend that autocorrect is a bigger issue than it really is. Sure, typos and autocorrect mistakes happen, but not nearly at the frequency people like to say they do. Virtual keyboards have gotten worlds better in the past few years. My 67 year old mother got her first smartphone a couple months ago (Motorola Droid...Maxx? I think?) and she got used to navigating the keyboard within hours. I don't think I've seen a single mistake in any of her texts so far. Same with all of my friends who type on iPhones and Android devices. We can quickly have a conversation via text or chat with neither of us having to wait too long for a response. If people out there struggle with the keyboard then that's more on them and their capabilities rather than the efficiency of a virtual keyboard.
    04-15-16 10:03 AM
    I think the point is that it was odd that he didn't recognize a term and immediately jumped to the conclusion that it was a typo.

I think people like to pretend that autocorrect is a bigger issue than it really is. Sure, typos and autocorrect mistakes happen, but not nearly at the frequency people like to say they do. Virtual keyboards have gotten worlds better in the past few years. My 67 year old mother got her first smartphone a couple months ago (Motorola Droid...Maxx? I think?) and she got used to navigating the keyboard within hours. I don't think I've seen a single mistake in any of her texts so far. Same with all of my friends who type on iPhones and Android devices. We can quickly have a conversation via text or chat with neither of us having to wait too long for a response. If people out there struggle with the keyboard then that's more on them and their capabilities rather than the efficiency of a virtual keyboard.

My parents are a couple decades older than your mother. Their fingers & hands are entirely too "shakey" for operating capacitive touch without inevitably frustrating exasperation. Mom, as a life long typist, finds typos particularly frustrating. She used Palm, and then iPhone for a couple years, but her "shakiness" eventually relegated her touch oriented devices to desktop only service. Wanting to keep them communicating, I fixed up some surplus touch disabled 9900s for them and several of their freinds with similar complaints. They now continue fluently precise texting and phone communications. Browsing is still a desktop oriented experience for them but they, and their friends, daily choose to carry and communicate thru their touch disabled 9900s. Their touch oriented stuff remains activated but mostly relegated to "alarm clock" service.

So yes, I can partially agree that "If people out there struggle with the keyboard then that's more on them and their capabilities rather than the efficiency of a virtual keyboard." but that's no less real for THEM.
    04-16-16 03:42 AM
    I can type 'cool story bro' on a vkb just fine.
    Cool story, bro

There's a comma missing, bro. I know what you're saying. I got the /s between the line(s). Let not get started, lol... :-D

Cheers mate!

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    04-17-16 04:31 PM

I think it's actually kinda the other way around...

PKB are for lazy typers... ;-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    04-17-16 04:35 PM
    Cool story, bro

There's a comma missing, bro.
    The meme doesn't have a comma so why would I add one in?
    04-18-16 02:41 AM
    The physical keyboard just has a different kind of appeal altogether. It is a unique way of entering data and doing so allows one to physically feel feedback of where the keys are. In so doing, you learn where the thumbs should go, which in turn should improve accuracy with time.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-16 10:42 AM
    No

Posted on my Q10.
    04-18-16 03:59 PM
    It's debatable.
    But opening apps is quicker with PKB if you have your shortcuts set.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 07:25 AM
    With due respect to all IMO PKB users by default are perfectionists . Using the PKB there is little room for error as fingers always hits the right button. Typing longer messages was never so easy.

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2876
    Last edited by IndianTiwari; 04-19-16 at 01:29 PM.
    ALToronto and Oshasat like this.
    04-19-16 01:17 PM
222 ... 6789