Bull. I used to dig PKB so much about my OG Passport for a year until I tried the Z10's VKB. Which is AMAZING! So very different than any VKB of any other platform. BB10's VKB enables me to type FAST and CORRECTLY.
    04-10-16 09:45 AM
    Bull. I used to dig PKB so much about my OG Passport for a year until I tried the Z10's VKB. Which is AMAZING! So very different than any VKB of any other platform. BB10's VKB enables me to type FAST and CORRECTLY.
    It's like driving a manual (physical) versus an automatic (virtual). An auto will shift for you FAST and CORRECTLY, because that's what they're designed for: people that lack the skill to do so on their own.
    04-10-16 09:53 AM
    It's like driving a manual (physical) versus an automatic (virtual). An auto will shift for you FAST and CORRECTLY, because that's what they're designed for: people that lack the skill to do so on their own.
    Yeah, well, these days I need it fast and correctly, instead of slow and thumbs cramping after typing my works for about an hour. And btw I type this on my OG Passport, which is fine for non work related typing. Which is why I'm currently keeping both the Passport and a Z30. And even then I'd still need to keep a cheap android for apps that I need but don't really want. One of these days I'm gonna streamline this. I need one gadget for all, and severely wish it could be a BB10. Sigh...
    04-10-16 10:15 AM
    Yes, people on physical keyboards definitely write more as I keep coming back to this thread just to repost and rewrite; because it feels so good to type. Not only that, but look: I can add so much punctuation ("that's right!") on the fly, that proper sentence composure, complete with symbols and punctuation, is very convenient for me to do on my Classic. I can add any symbol easily, I can write in CAPS easily: there's so much free access to writing in "free flow" mode; words just come out onto "paper" unimpeded by fumbling with a virtual keyboard touchscreen interface.
    Oh wow!! Look at your punctuation!! It's mesmerizing that you can do that on a physical keyboard ("that's right!!!"). If only I could write in ALL CAPS so easily on a virtual keyboard. Alas, touching that CAPS LOCK key is too painful and makes it near impossible to do fluently.

If only I could do the same thing, on the fly, with proper sentence composure. It is just too difficult to write symbols ([]{}}%^*+) or to make the words come out onto "paper." The difficulty of typing a proper sentence, with correct spelling and grammar, is truly limited to a chosen few. A chosen few who have elected to raise the physical keyboard up to the stratospheric heights that no other virtual keyboard user could ever achieve. We bow down to you, we truly do.

Maybe one day we will be able to speak to the masses as you do with your eloquent writings, and not just vomit out misspelled words and grammatical errors. It's certainly not the fact that more people have virtual keyboards now. It couldn't be these same people who if you gave them a physical keyboard would still make the same grammatical errors and spelling mistakes. If anything you've taught us that a physical keyboard makes you smart automatically, and if you don't know how to spell a word to begin with the physical keyboard will enlighten you. People typing on computers NEVER make spelling or grammatical errors, so your point is well taken.

Typed on a virtual keyboard with zero effort.
    Ronindan, TgeekB, JeepBB and 2 others like this.
    04-10-16 10:23 AM
    Oh wow!! Look at your punctuation!! It's mesmerizing that you can do that on a physical keyboard ("that's right!!!"). If only I could write in ALL CAPS so easily on a virtual keyboard. Alas, touching that CAPS LOCK key is too painful and makes it near impossible to do fluently.

If only I could do the same thing, on the fly, with proper sentence composure. It is just too difficult to write symbols ([]{}}%^*+) or to make the words come out onto "paper." The difficulty of typing a proper sentence, with correct spelling and grammar, is truly limited to a chosen few. A chosen few who have elected to raise the physical keyboard up to the stratospheric heights that no other virtual keyboard user could ever achieve. We bow down to you, we truly do.

Maybe one day we will be able to speak to the masses as you do with your eloquent writings, and not just vomit out misspelled words and grammatical errors. It's certainly not the fact that more people have virtual keyboards now. It couldn't be these same people who if you gave them a physical keyboard would still make the same grammatical errors and spelling mistakes. If anything you've taught us that a physical keyboard makes you smart automatically, and if you don't know how to spell a word to begin with the physical keyboard will enlighten you. People typing on computers NEVER make spelling or grammatical errors, so your point is well taken.

He didn't mean that vkb users cannot do punctuation and full proper typing, but that vkb users need to put in more effort for that.

Vkb users need to rely on auto correct right?

Auto correct has limitations with original nouns (personal names, foreign names, street names, and abbreviations) as well as numbers and number letter combos. Basically, any word that is not in the auto correct dictionary will not work for auto correct.

Of course, the keyboard can remember your words once you type them in, but many people have to deal with new names everyday for work.

In that sense, yes the extra accuracy that comes from pkb is beneficial for writing longer and grammatically correct messages with the correct spelling.

It does not mean that vkb users cannot do it, but it means that they have to put in more effort than a pkb user a would for the same message.

Posted via CB10
    conbrio29 and Oshasat like this.
    04-10-16 10:41 AM

You've convinced me. I'm throwing away my other devices and getting an outdated Q10 right now!
    04-10-16 11:27 AM
    He didn't mean that vkb users cannot do punctuation and full proper typing, but that vkb users need to put in more effort for that.

Auto correct has limitations with original nouns (personal names, foreign names, street names, and abbreviations) as well as numbers and number letter combos. Basically, any word that is not in the auto correct dictionary will not work for auto correct.

Of course, the keyboard can remember your words once you type them in, but many people have to deal with new names everyday for work.

In that sense, yes the extra accuracy that comes from pkb is beneficial for writing longer and grammatically correct messages with the correct spelling.

It does not mean that vkb users cannot do it, but it means that they have to put in more effort than a pkb user a would for the same message.

Posted via CB10
    ^^^this
    04-10-16 11:57 AM

Alright, so can your virtual keyboard do things like delete pictures on the fly? Try scrolling through lists of files. On the Classic, all you gotta do is hit Delete, Enter. Boom! On a virtual keyboard, you have extra steps like long holding an item, or tapping the menu icon first. On the Classic it's Delete, Enter!

Or how many times have you wanted to Google search something random? On the Classic, JUST START TYPING IT. On a virtual, you have to open the browser or assistant or whatever. Want to look up "BlackBerry Classic"? Just start typing it from the home screen. It's that simple.
    Oshasat likes this.
    04-10-16 12:03 PM
    Alright, so can your virtual keyboard do things like delete pictures on the fly? Try scrolling through lists of files. On the Classic, all you gotta do is hit Delete, Enter. Boom! On a virtual keyboard, you have extra steps like long holding an item, or tapping the menu icon first. On the Classic it's Delete, Enter!

Or how many times have you wanted to Google search something random? On the Classic, JUST START TYPING IT. On a virtual, you have to open the browser or assistant or whatever. Want to look up "BlackBerry Classic"? Just start typing it from the home screen. It's that simple.
    Yes, if you like try square screens that works great, but most people do not.
    04-10-16 12:06 PM

I do, for obvious reasons. My thumb is half as wide as my 5C, I make a lot of typing mistakes on it and I do rely on auto correct half the time. It is not "impossible" to be more fast and accurate but it is more effort and I find myself having to concentrate, but with a pkb is is easier for me. That said, I know that the 5C is a weeny little phone, and I would have no problem likely on a bigger VKB as they all offer size options now.Do PKB users write longer messages?-imageuploadedbycb-forums1460308122.928301.jpg
    TgeekB, skstrials and Oshasat like this.
    04-10-16 12:10 PM
    I don't think I write longer message now than when I had Z30 or Z10. BlackBerry VKB is crazy good and can't be categorized as just a VKB.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    04-10-16 02:55 PM
    I don't think I write longer message now than when I had Z30 or Z10. BlackBerry VKB is crazy good and can't be categorized as just a VKB.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    THIS^^^
    04-11-16 01:37 AM

You know that you have made several grammatical errors don't you? ;-)
    For example "sentence composition" not "sentence composure" and you have both an unnecessary comma and missing ones. Just saying.
    04-11-16 04:27 AM
    You know that you have made several grammatical errors don't you? ;-)
    For example "sentence composition" not "sentence composure" and you have both an unnecessary comma and missing ones. Just saying.
    Great! The person using the physical keyboard used it incorrectly as well as I was just quoting what he said. I guess a pkb doesn't prevent grammatical errors. And that's a shame because I was thinking of going pkb only because I thought it would prevent me from ever having those types of errors. And you've just illustrated my point perfectly. An unnecessary comma or missing comma isn't going to be corrected with a physical keyboard. Thank you so much for hammering my point home.
    Ronindan and JeepBB like this.
    04-11-16 04:59 AM
    You are right.
    04-11-16 05:25 AM
    *ahem* OS 7.1 user here. And all I'm gonna say is that my android/iphone friends can't keep up with chatting with me.
    (How do you type so much so quickly, Hussein?!) is a line I get every few days.
    Oshasat likes this.
    04-11-16 08:03 AM
    *ahem* OS 7.1 user here. And all I'm gonna say is that my android/iphone friends can't keep up with chatting with me.
    (How do you type so much so quickly, Hussein?!) is a line I get every few days.
    9900? 9810?
    Bet it's 9900 ya? Better keyboard that, yeah?
    Even better than Q10's?
    04-11-16 08:25 AM
    9900? 9810?
    Bet it's 9900 ya? Better keyboard that, yeah?
    Even better than Q10's?
    Naaah It's just a 9360 curve. But funnily enough, I'm going down today to buy a 9900! haha
    Do you think its keyboard is good?
    Listen, I can see you have a picture with a Passport. How is the typing going on this one?
    xKingHopy likes this.
    04-12-16 03:03 AM
    Naaah It's just a 9360 curve. But funnily enough, I'm going down today to buy a 9900! haha
    Do you think its keyboard is good?
    Listen, I can see you have a picture with a Passport. How is the typing going on this one?
    Lol. Congratulations on about to buy the 9900. I'm sure it's gonna give you an even much better experience on keyboard. At least that's what they all say. I've never owned a legacy device, myself so I can't comment. But I've held a 9810 before--a friend's, and tried the keyboard. It's really not bad at all! About on par with the Q10. But the Q10 is a wee bit softer though.

Regarding my Passport, I love typing on it, having a wider, spacious landscape for the thumbs to dance upon, but on the long run, I'd prefer the much softer keys of the Q10 or the Classic.

You see, the keys on the OG Passport is set rather stiffer than any devic they've ever made. It's a joy to type messages, chats and any other short typing ventures. BUT, for seriously long emails and pages of documents, I can guarantee your thumbs will get cramps and tired after about half hour of typing. Either that, or you somehow develop additional muscles around there that makes it less tiring after being used to it. On me, though, not o much. And I've been having this baby monster for a year.

Been thinking about getting an SE for this reason. They say the keyboard is MUCH softer than the OG. But I can't yet justify forking a fortunes for it. Not right now, at least.

These days, I'd rather use a Z30, specifically for the VKB. I'm telling you, one can literally get a typegasm typing on glass with BB10's VKB. I'm not kidding. I'd use it for long typing, definitely. It's FAST and ACCURATE. And even more important: not tiring!
    anon(8444762) and JamesW_UK like this.
    04-12-16 04:28 AM
    Lol. Congratulations on about to buy the 9900. I'm sure it's gonna give you an even much better experience on keyboard. At least that's what they all say. I've never owned a legacy device, myself so I can't comment. But I've held a 9810 before--a friend's, and tried the keyboard. It's really not bad at all! About on par with the Q10. But the Q10 is a wee bit softer though.

Regarding my Passport, I love typing on it, having a wider, spacious landscape for the thumbs to dance upon, but on the long run, I'd prefer the much softer keys of the Q10 or the Classic.

You see, the keys on the OG Passport is set rather stiffer than any devic they've ever made. It's a joy to type messages, chats and any other short typing ventures. BUT, for seriously long emails and pages of documents, I can guarantee your thumbs will get cramps and tired after about half hour of typing. Either that, or you somehow develop additional muscles around there that makes it less tiring after being used to it. On me, though, not o much. And I've been having this baby monster for a year.

Been thinking about getting an SE for this reason. They say the keyboard is MUCH softer than the OG. But I can't yet justify forking a fortunes for it. Not right now, at least.

These days, I'd rather use a Z30, specifically for the VKB. I'm telling you, one can literally get a typegasm typing on glass with BB10's VKB. I'm not kidding. I'd use it for long typing, definitely. It's FAST and ACCURATE. And even more important: not tiring!
    Haha cool!

Thanks for the info I've received more than I expected

And thanks for the advice about the Classic on the other topic too!
    04-12-16 11:25 AM
    You'd think the quality of the content would come first.
    04-12-16 09:10 PM
    You'd think the quality of the content would come first.
    If one enjoys working on a particular medium, the quality of the content will get improved, yeah? Even for just a little bit? The content could also get compromised if one doesn't enjoy what he's working with. And besides, I'm not stupid enough not to proofread anything I have written on a regular laptop before submitting. Come on...
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 04-12-16 at 11:02 PM.
    04-12-16 10:43 PM
    Physical or virtual, I'm always verbose. It's just easier with a pkb as long as I'm not too distracted by flicking. I used to write papers on my 8320 way back when, and I suppose I would on my Passport given the need. I prefer emailing via my BlackBerry vs my laptop too. I love seeing everything in one place.
    Oshasat likes this.
    04-13-16 12:55 AM
    Since I got my Priv and am able to choose between the two, I find myself using the PKB for longer answers or when I am distracted. Like walking somewhere and not being able to look at the screen all the time.

BB has by far the best VKB which made fall in love with the Z10 in the first place.

after all, it really comes down to preference.... I am one of the very few people who actually prefers the ordinary laptop keyboard in comparison to a Cherry MX (preference color) one.

And yes.... I am using the mouse pointer on Dell and Lenovo laptops. The amazing "G' spot is just invaluable for me...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-13-16 01:17 AM
    A couple summers ago I was taking a block of certification courses at my local community college. I took all of my notes on my Nexus 7 using Evernote and the SwiftKey keyboard. During a break my prof asked me how easy it was to take notes on a tablet (everyone else had either legal pads or laptops) and I showed her the notes I had taken in class to that point. She seemed pretty impressed. I have an iPad now which is more difficult for my tiny hands, so I don't compose much on there, but I fly with my iPhone 6s+.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    04-13-16 11:25 AM
222 ... 56789