Seriously, since I'm constantly lectured that my PKB is the equivalent to a buggy-whip, and that the so-called market isn't interested in PKB, that it's a niche market, that the vast majority reject PKB because they want to (passively) play games and watch videos, it occurs to me that there must be a correlation between those who DO like to type 'content creators'?) and have a preference for a physical keyboard. There must be something to it, because the typos in VKB-generated messages are laughable.

Then again, maybe we're just a verbose bunch. A gaggle of pontificating loons who prefer to cling to their plastic keys. Maybe we're allergic to glass...

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 10:19 AM
    I write 20-page long papers on my Passport and stream live TV every day, in addition to lots of long emails.
    It has replaced my z30 and my laptop for that reason.
    You can watch all the videos you want on the Passport.
    It's not either or. I have a backup z30, but I do not use it, not even for videos or live streaming TV.
    Oshasat and valer466 like this.
    03-26-16 10:33 AM
    I write 20-page long papers on my Passport and stream live TV every day, in addition to lots of long emails.
    It has replaced my z30 and my laptop for that reason.
    You can watch all the videos you want on the Passport.
    It's not either or. I have a backup z30, but I do not use it, not even for videos or live streaming TV.
    You must be an academic. I've written chunks of papers on my Q10, and have created and submitted on-the-spot proposals while doing the groceries. You've just given me a good reason to look at a Passport--I wouldn't mind streaming MSNBC on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 10:48 AM
    I agree with your second paragraph OP in your first post.
    Oshasat likes this.
    03-26-16 11:11 AM
    I agree with your second paragraph OP in your first post.
    Loons? I think not! Persons who still have the knowledge and skill to express themselves well in writing using good grammar and complete thoughts still use the tools that lend themselves to this purpose.

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition 10.3.2.2876 on T-Mobile
    rthonpm likes this.
    03-26-16 11:19 AM
    Loons? I think not! Persons who still have the knowledge and skill to express themselves well in writing using good grammar and complete thoughts still use the tools that lend themselves to this purpose.

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition 10.3.2.2876 on T-Mobile
    Yes, and that is not something that can be done exclusively on a pkb no matter how much some people in here want to believe that. The OP gave that as the only other option. I didn't agree with his first opinion so I took the second. So sorry if that offends the pkb users out there but that type of opinion is nonsense.
    03-26-16 11:23 AM
    Seriously, since I'm constantly lectured that my PKB is the equivalent to a buggy-whip, and that the so-called market isn't interested in PKB, that it's a niche market, that the vast majority reject PKB because they want to (passively) play games and watch videos, it occurs to me that there must be a correlation between those who DO like to type 'content creators'?) and have a preference for a physical keyboard. There must be something to it, because the typos in VKB-generated messages are laughable.

Then again, maybe we're just a verbose bunch. A gaggle of pontificating loons who prefer to cling to their plastic keys. Maybe we're allergic to glass...

Posted via CB10
    I guess I just don't understand why you're so focused on it. You prefer a PKB which most people do not, that's OK.

I like to wear watches which are much less popular than they used to be. My favorite is a German made Sinn, a company that does not mass produce watches. I enjoy my watch but don't worry why others don't buy them. That's OK too.
    03-26-16 11:30 AM
    I'll add that I think physical keyboard users have an inferiority complex. Kind of like short man's disease. They have to constantly shout out "I am a superior typist!!!" In here they act like they are the only ones that can type any type of message of meaning because they have a plastic keyboard. The reality is that either you haven't been able to adapt to a virtual keyboard or you just haven't wanted to adapt to one. Either way its fine, but the nonsense of "I have a pkb therefore I am one of a select few that type important messages on my phone" is absolute comedy.

Now the small group of you that have these keyboards can pat yourselves on the back in this thread and discuss how you are the only ones left in the world typing meaningful things on your phone because you have raised letters on them. I won't stop you from congratulating yourselves, but I'll be laughing.
    Last edited by donnation; 03-26-16 at 11:58 AM.
    03-26-16 11:33 AM
    I'll add that I think physical keyboard users have an inferiority complex. Kind of like short man's disease. They have to constantly shout out "I am a superior typist!!!" In here they act like they are the only ones that can type any type of message of meaning because they have a plastic keyboard. The reality is that either you haven't been able to adapt to a virtual keyboard or you just haven't wanted to adapt to one. Either way its fine, but the nonsense of "I have a pkb therefore I am one of a select few that type important messages on my phone" is absolute comedy.

Now they small group of you that have these keyboards can pat yourselves on the back in this thread and discuss how you are the only ones left in the world typing meaningful things on your phone because you have raised letters on them. I won't stop you from congratulating yourselves, but I'll be laughing.
    It's amazing to me how Socrates and Plato survived without a PKB Blackberry to type out their philosophical thoughts. If they had had a BB 9900 they might have made something of themselves.
    03-26-16 11:41 AM
    I guess I just don't understand why you're so focused on it. You prefer a PKB which most people do not, that's OK.

I like to wear watches which are much less popular than they used to be. My favorite is a German made Sinn, a company that does not mass produce watches. I enjoy my watch but don't worry why others don't buy them. That's OK too.
    I love to get a Sinn (either the 356 A Pilot or a 103 St Sa) :-)
    03-26-16 11:45 AM
    I love to get a Sinn (either the 356 A Pilot or a 103 St Sa) :-)
    Save up. They're well worth it!
    Ronindan likes this.
    03-26-16 11:49 AM
    I think so.
    03-26-16 11:56 AM
    It does feel nice to write long paragraphs with the Priv PKB, yes.
    03-26-16 11:57 AM
    Okay, the "allergic to glass" aside was a bit of fun, but I'm serious when I say that there's a demarcation line between 'content creators' (who require, or make better use of PKB) and mere consumers who stare at glass.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 12:07 PM
    Okay, the "allergic to glass" aside was a bit of fun, but I'm serious when I say that there's a demarcation line between 'content creators' (who require, or make better use of PKB) and mere consumers who stare at glass.

Posted via CB10
    I think there is a demarcation line between pkb users who think they are somehow special since they use pkbs and those who are just happy to use it. I not surprised by your posts, after all you labeled people that are not fans of the hub as "plebs"
    03-26-16 12:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    So...tools, not toys?
    Ronindan, TgeekB, JeepBB and 1 others like this.
    03-26-16 12:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Did you say you teach?
    03-26-16 12:30 PM
    Did you say you teach?
    This is the internet after all ;-)
    03-26-16 12:33 PM
    I prefer PKB as this form better accommodates my typing style... While I typically am 'long winded' in comparison to those I message (I am one of the very few in my social circle who chooses to use a PKB) I cannot say with full certainty that I produce more content simply due to my PKB... In conversation I typically have more content to add than my peers... I do not attribute this to my keyboard, however, but instead to my personality type... (I find myself more meticulous and detailed in conversation than most.) I have seen many bloggers, authors, journalists and the likes produce content that is abundant in text using iphones, androids and windows mobile... What it comes down to is personal preference and individual style... While I type more on a device with a PKB as opposed to when I use a device yielding only VKB, I realize this is due primarily to what I prefer, what I'm most comfortable using and what I've grown accustom to... I acknowledge that others who use a VKB could very well be as verbose as I am while using my PKB... Fact remains, some people have many things to say, others not so much... I don't believe the keyboard makes a difference as long as one is using the keyboard best suited for them.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 03-26-16 at 01:02 PM.
    03-26-16 12:40 PM
    Did you say you teach?
    Yes.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 12:52 PM
    I prefer PKB as this form better accommodates my typing style... While I typically am 'long winded' in comparison to those I message (I am one of the very few in my social circle who chooses to use a PKB) I cannot say with full certainty that I produce more content simply due to my PKB... In conversation I typically have more content to add than my peers... I do not attribute this to my keyboard, however, but instead to my personality type... (I find myself more meticulous and detailed in conversation than most.) I have seen many bloggers, authors, journalists and the likes produce content that is abundant in text using iphones, androids and windows mobile... What it comes down to is personal preference and individual style... While I type more on a device with a PKB as opposed to when I use a device yielding only VKB, I realize this is do primarily to what I prefer, what I'm most comfortable using and what I've grown accustom to... I acknowledge that others who use a VKB could very well be as verbose as I am while using my PKB... Fact remains, some people have many things to say, others not so much... I don't believe the keyboard makes a difference as long as one is using the keyboard best suited for them.

Posted via CB10
    I have noticed that, anecdotally, VKB users type out very short messages. Of course the prevalence of iPhones probably means that journalists, bloggers, writers, etc., who are prolific can be found. I'm only suggesting that there *may* be a correlation between long-form writing and using a PKB. For the year that I used an Android phone I discovered that typing became a chore, not a pleasure. Returning to a PKB returned the pleasure to this experience.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 12:59 PM
    I prefer PKB as this form better accommodates my typing style... While I typically am 'long winded' in comparison to those I message (I am one of the very few in my social circle who chooses to use a PKB) I cannot say with full certainty that I produce more content simply due to my PKB... In conversation I typically have more content to add than my peers... I do not attribute this to my keyboard, however, but instead to my personality type... (I find myself more meticulous and detailed in conversation than most.) I have seen many bloggers, authors, journalists and the likes produce content that is abundant in text using iphones, androids and windows mobile... What it comes down to is personal preference and individual style... While I type more on a device with a PKB as opposed to when I use a device yielding only VKB, I realize this is do primarily to what I prefer, what I'm most comfortable using and what I've grown accustom to... I acknowledge that others who use a VKB could very well be as verbose as I am while using my PKB... Fact remains, some people have many things to say, others not so much... I don't believe the keyboard makes a difference as long as one is using the keyboard best suited for them.

Posted via CB10
    And there we have it: those of us who are "more meticulous and detailed" prefer a PKB. I agree wholeheartedly.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 01:01 PM
    I like glass cruising on my current Z30 but read that " Fifty Shades of Gray" was written on a PKB BlackBerry. So, maybe, the iconic PKB is better suited to type a whole novel-- lol.

BB, Still the One
    Oshasat and boysontheblock like this.
    03-26-16 01:03 PM
    And there we have it: those of us who are "more meticulous and detailed" prefer a PKB. I agree wholeheartedly.

Posted via CB10
    Not at all the implied message of my posting. Interesting the way you chose to selectively dissect my response and twisted it to fuel your rebuttal, reinforcing your argument... My stance, as well as the premise of my posting, was simply to imply that it boils down to personal preference...

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 01:11 PM
    Yes.

Posted via CB10
    I would think/hope you would be more open-minded then.
    03-26-16 01:13 PM
222 123 ...