I'm the type of person who doesn't care what type of phone others have. I can count a few times when others own iPhones and Android made comments. These are friends or family I haven't seen for awhile. The range of comments are 'You still own one of those!?" "It's time to upgrade to something bigger and better." "I think your the only person I know who still uses BB". "You use it as a personal phone?"

I mention that I'm quite happy with my Q5 and it suits my needs. Yes is my personal everyday phone and I like it.

Anyone else come across this?
    08-07-15 07:54 PM
    Never heard of this.....

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 07:57 PM
    People say that to me all the time as to why do I still use a BlackBerry instead of an iPhone or something better!.. I just tell them you have to experience BlackBerry for yourself to understand.. There is something to it that nobody else has! I've switched a few times.. tried Android, Windows and Apple.. but I somehow always end up back with BlackBerry! Currently using a Classic and I'm lovin it!
    08-07-15 08:27 PM
    I was chatting with another traveler the other day. She was from Japan and when her iPhone 5s ran out of juice, I offered her my Z30 to do searches. I added the Japanese input option and she was able to use it right away. Her only hesitation was swiping up to wake the Z30 up. She was looking for a button and gravitated toward the power button until I showed her the gesture. Her only comment was "you can't buy this brand in Japan anymore".
    08-07-15 08:36 PM
    Mostly people are surprised/curious about it. Most people I run into haven't seen a BlackBerry since the Curve days and are surprised BlackBerry still makes phones and that it has a touch screen (it's a Q10).

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 09:24 PM
    The majority of the people I deal with don't even know what (a) BlackBerry is. So no, there are no surprising looks. The only one which got those looks was the Passport, but rather due to the unique formfactor anf size.
    The few people who actually know BlackBerry are either happy seeing one or actually surprised like "Wow, a BlackBerry user in 2015? Haven't seen one lately!"
    08-08-15 01:05 AM
    I usually get patted on the back and congratulated when people see me with a Blackberry. They commend me on being different, going against the grain, and having the confidence in myself to use a phone they wish they could but don't have the mental toughness to buy one. Just last night someone saw my Passport and said "You know, you really must value productivity and communication and security. I value them too but am too sheepish to purchase a Blackberry. I'm more interested in going with trends and I fear that if I buy a Blackberry I won't be popular."

Or no one really notices or cares what phone I use nor should I care what phone they use.

And OP I can't hardly blame them for saying anything about the Q5. It looks like a phone from 10 years ago.
    shaleem likes this.
    08-08-15 05:33 AM
    People that know me also know better than to criticize my choice of phone. I don't tolerate it. My husband also has a BlackBerry phone - a Z30 and his boss told he should get rid of that thing and get an iPhone he told him with all due respect you don't even know anything about my phone and I have no intention of getting an iPhone even if you pay for it. Then he laughed and said no hard feelings okay.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 11:34 AM
    I'm the type of person who doesn't care what type of phone others have. I can count a few times when others own iPhones and Android made comments. These are friends or family I haven't seen for awhile. The range of comments are 'You still own one of those!?" "It's time to upgrade to something bigger and better." "I think your the only person I know who still uses BB". "You use it as a personal phone?"

I mention that I'm quite happy with my Q5 and it suits my needs. Yes is my personal everyday phone and I like it.

Anyone else come across this?
    No. No one that I know cares what phone I use. And, if they did, it would not matter to me.
    08-08-15 12:52 PM
    Most are amazed that BlackBerry made a larger screen all touch device and like the way the US looks. The next question is how long have I had it. BlackBerry did an awesome job on the marketing.

Posted via Z30
    08-08-15 08:50 PM
    Was at a restaurant tonight celebrating my wife's birthday. The waiter was helping us by taking our picture using our phones. He mentioned how much he likes my wife's LG G4 more than iPhone. He then asked about my Z30. I said it's a BlackBerry. He said "BlackBerry? Who makes that?". I said "Umm..... BlackBerry does". He said "Oh yeah... they used to make those keyboard phones, right?". I just said yeah, that's right. Amazing just how bad of a job BlackBerry has done getting any kind of word out about their latest offerings.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 09:03 PM
    Was at a restaurant tonight celebrating my wife's birthday. The waiter was helping us by taking our picture using our phones. He mentioned how much he likes my wife's LG G4 more than iPhone. He then asked about my Z30. I said it's a BlackBerry. He said "BlackBerry? Who makes that?". I said "Umm..... BlackBerry does". He said "Oh yeah... they used to make those keyboard phones, right?". I just said yeah, that's right. Amazing just how bad of a job BlackBerry has done getting any kind of word out about their latest offerings.

Posted via CB10
    They haven't don't a bad job, you just aren't paying attention to what they are saying. They've said a billion times that the consumer market is not who they are going after. I don't know how they can be any more clear on their stance regarding this.
    08-09-15 08:41 AM
    I have two phones. An iPhone for work and a Z30 for personal. When people see that I carry two phones they are surprised to hear one is a Blackberry. They are even more surprised to hear that I prefer the BlackBerry. They usually ask why and I tell them all the great features of the BlackBerry (almost like a commercial) and why I don't care for my iPhone. They usually have a look of surprise and don't have much to say. I think in general most people don't research phones before they buy.

Posted via Z30
    08-09-15 09:00 AM
    They haven't don't a bad job, you just aren't paying attention to what they are saying. They've said a billion times that the consumer market is not who they are going after. I don't know how they can be any more clear on their stance regarding this.
    Silly answer. I'm paying attention. That has not always been their plan since the first release of BB10. That is there fall back plan since BB10 never gained traction. The problem is, no one ever knew what BB10 was. So now the plan is enterprise market. How does obscurity help that?

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 09:11 AM