09-06-09 03:56 PM
95 ... 234
tools
    If you get a BB (or any device) for yourself (or your kids) to be seen or because that's what everyone else is getting, you're either a tool or a sheep.

If you get it because it helps you get things done, stay organized, or provide you with a means to get needed information, it shouldn't matter what you use. Just get whatever works best for you (or your kids) and don't worry about anyone else.
    09-05-09 11:44 PM
    What if you are 16 and pay for your own bill?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-09 02:15 AM
    No, i like anyone who uses a BlackBerry regardless of age or sex!

Besides, there are more important things to get annoyed over, imo. Don't sweat the small stuff.

I agree! =) I like helping my friends with their BlackBerrys
    09-06-09 02:54 AM

Then in my opinion your ok
    09-06-09 06:29 AM

Thats great ,,good for you ! There is nothing wrong with a 16YO having a blackberry in my opinion. Then to be paying your own bill as well shows responsibility.

yea, way to young for a bb but now days 13 and 14 is like 21..at least thats how i see them acting ..anyways, kids are way to spoiled now days..i remember when i had to walk to school 5 miles up hill in the snow and and 5 miles up hill in the snow back home..LOL aaaghhhhh
    but wouldn't the walk back home been downhill since it was uphill on the way to school ,LoL
    Last edited by DavidNC; 09-06-09 at 07:31 AM.
    09-06-09 07:25 AM
    BlackBerry isn't restricted to "certain people". Everyone should be able to enjoy BB, even students. In this age of technology more and more teens and kids will have cell phones and smart phones, it's the way society is going.
    09-06-09 07:44 AM
    Blackberries are just too common now. When u see ur local dustbin man carrying a ? u know there's a problem!! Lol

09-06-09 07:59 AM
    BBs are the best phones ever! Lol

I kinda get where the OP is coming from tho! Is like picture an adult with a Sidekick lol not kool! Looks stupid...now picture a 13 year old with a BB...also looks a bit stupid but hei they spending their $$ so cnt really complain
    What does it matter if an adult uses a sidekick? They are well built solid messaging phones with decent web browsers, and THE BEST keyboard on any phone out there.

Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 09-06-09 at 09:44 AM. Reason: removed personal attack
    09-06-09 08:29 AM
    what is wrong with a kid having a Blackberry? Were living in a tech filled time period and almost everyone i know has a dumbphone or smartphone. Basically in my school if you don't have a phone you have no social life, no friends etc. EVERYONE texts.
    Its sad to think that as a kid your phone determines who you are. I was never that pathetic. If a group of people won't hang out with you because you don't have the latest blackberry/smartphone, then they aren't worth hanging out with in the first place.

09-06-09 08:34 AM
    why would you, or anyone, care about some elses phone preferences? that's ridiculous.
    09-06-09 09:18 AM
    Okay, I've been avoiding chiming in here, but I figured what the heck...

Anyway, I have absolutely no problem with anybody having any piece of technology as long as they are responsible with it, be it a smartphone, a dumbphone, an MP3 player, a PSP...whatever. I think today, those of us in much of the world treat our possessions as easily replaceable instead of as an investment, whether that's because we do things with them with less judgement than we should, or we get bored with them after 6 months and need the flashy new thing. I think this is something the older generation, sadly, has taught to the younger generation...and with more technology options than ever, it's easier to feel that way.

So no, a kid having a BlackBerry doesn't bother me...after all, it means more money in RIM's pocket, which in turn means good things for a company I support.

Kids with a BlackBerry don't bother me. Kids who think they're entitled to a BlackBerry because "all their friends" have them...that bothers me...in no small part because they become adults whose sense of entitlement grows, so we find them trying to game the system in order to upgrade their reliable phone for free or a discount after 2-6 months, simply because something newer and flashier came out, and they can't be bothered to honor the contract they signed.
    09-06-09 09:37 AM
    oo it annoys me when its all blinged up
    09-06-09 09:58 AM
    It amazes me that this thread has gotten to 7 pages of posts

09-06-09 10:06 AM
    I find the storm bb users the funniest. Most think their device is the be all and end all of devices. The iPhone sucks compared to it, and any other blackberry is inferior. They're so cute.

09-06-09 11:29 AM
    Yeah, I hate that the BlackBerry has become the latest "bling". First Hollywood airheads like Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, et al, now clueless kids.

The worst part is when they come here and whine incessantly about "how come I can't get my email without a data plan? Waaaaa!!!" That really frosts me.
    actually the blackberry is the perfect phone for hollywood types and "airheads". its a secure phone that can protect all of there contacts better than any sidekick or iphone can. plus receiving emails, and msg from agents and contacts is perfect on a bb. believe it or not hollywood people do more business in one day then 90% of the bb users on this site.
    09-06-09 12:11 PM
    I don't have kids yet but when I do, of they have a job and can pay for it, then great...

09-06-09 01:18 PM
    Back when I was a teen, there were no cell phones. And we still lived.

There are a couple scenarios here.

Pays for it all:
    If the teen pays for the plan and cell phone, I don't care what he does with it, even if he doesn't use any of the features.

Brats:
    Teen who gets everything. At the local middle I drive by, I see middle school kids with blackberries and iphones. They got it because it looks cool and impresses their friends. And they don't even know what bbm is.

Young teen:
    For 11-12 year olds, they don't need a blackberry. A simple prepaid phone is enough. They are just too young, and have no need. If they want to act hip and cool and text (imo, the worst way of communication eve though I am forced to use it), well, ask them to pay for it. Then they'll shut up.

A true highschool student doesn't need an iphone or bb. What are they going to do with it...text and facebook?

And as for the data issue...I don't have data. I have wifi, and I'm saving 60 dollars a month.

09-06-09 03:18 PM
    This thread annoys me.

09-06-09 03:24 PM
  19. T
    Yea, pagers -- I remember. Interesting that Wiki says BlackBerry started out as a "two-way pager." As for teens who support themselves AND pay their smartphone bills, I say, "Incredible!"
    Cell phones didn't exist when I was in school. (Neither did websites for that matter!) For us Walkmans and by high school, pagers, were hi-tech! LOL!

09-06-09 03:46 PM
    Before this become even more of a kids/teens with BBs thread

Locked.
    09-06-09 03:56 PM
95 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD