The other day I overhheard a girl of probably 13 or 14 years of age super excited to get the Blackberry Bold, or the Storm? (Don't remember what she said) And I was so annoyed, I couldn't help to think of how annoying it is when a kid has a blackberry. What could they possibly need it for? Is it just me? Has anyone ever got annoyed over someone who has a Blackberry? I'm still annoyed by that one girl who just wants them because they looks super cool...
    09-04-09 08:06 PM
    Yeah, I hate that the BlackBerry has become the latest "bling". First Hollywood airheads like Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, et al, now clueless kids.

The worst part is when they come here and whine incessantly about "how come I can't get my email without a data plan? Waaaaa!!!" That really frosts me.
    09-04-09 08:16 PM
    honestly I still can't figure out why any parent would give a child that age a cell phone to begin with.
    09-04-09 08:17 PM
    My 5 year old thinks he needs a BB now that dad & I have ours...told him when he gets a J.O.B. then he can get one.
    09-04-09 08:19 PM
    No, i like anyone who uses a BlackBerry regardless of age or sex!

Besides, there are more important things to get annoyed over, imo. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 08:21 PM
    The arrogance is what annoys me.

09-04-09 08:27 PM
    yea, way to young for a bb but now days 13 and 14 is like 21..at least thats how i see them acting ..anyways, kids are way to spoiled now days..i remember when i had to walk to school 5 miles up hill in the snow and and 5 miles up hill in the snow back home..LOL aaaghhhhh
    09-04-09 08:29 PM
    No, i like anyone who uses a BlackBerry regardless of age or sex!

Besides, there are more important things to get annoyed over, imo. Don't sweat the small stuff.

I totally agree with you, just don't like the tweens who are overly confused over how to use their bb.
    09-04-09 08:35 PM
    Age I could not care less about. If they or their parents want to
    shell out the money, so be it.

I am only annoyed by anyone who uses the term "addicted."
    09-04-09 08:43 PM
    I totally agree with you, just don't like the tweens who are overly confused over how to use their bb.
    Tweens are more likely to know how to use it than your average 40 something middle class joe.
    09-04-09 08:49 PM
    I am only annoyed by anyone who uses the term "addicted."
    NOw that is just funny.... beings the entire premise of the "crackberry"....

Just sayin...
    09-04-09 08:53 PM
    I really don't understand why an adult would have a problem with a teenager having a BB.They are great for business or pleasure.It has everything a kid could want in a cell phone and it is stylish.if my daughter was about 16 I would get her one. Its so many ways that a BB would benefit her for school and in her little personal life.Adults need to stop downing kids, cause we've been were they are and we should be able to understand them.

09-04-09 09:07 PM
    Oh god this discussion again lol.

09-04-09 09:14 PM
    My neighbors six year old has a BB storm with unlimited data plan.....
    09-04-09 09:18 PM
    I sell blackberries and when parents being there 13 year old kids in and we try to talk them out of it and the kid whines gets really annoying .. Kid gets an 85 dollar plan then the parent comes back in, in a month all mad at the bill..

09-04-09 09:19 PM
    Tweens are more likely to know how to use it than your average 40 something middle class joe.
    Real talk.

I remember my father giving me the screw-face when I asked for his Startac lol...I can't imagine being 13 asking for a Bold, like "but dad, I can use this to type out my book report...on the bus...because I'm dedicated, dad."

I see no problem with kids using certain phones, however.
    Last edited by mensahdemary; 09-04-09 at 09:29 PM.
    09-04-09 09:27 PM
    NOw that is just funny.... beings the entire premise of the "crackberry"....

Just sayin...
    I didn't create the term, and the term is not what brought me or keeps me here.
    Anything else you'd like to "just say"
    09-04-09 09:28 PM
    This post is really funny.

I will say i get annoyed when i see someone with an iphone, Is that just me?

Seriously like its something about theh person with the iPhone, and the iPhone itself, that make up jsut one big annoying blob.
    09-04-09 09:28 PM
    Um, to keep in touch with their kids? It's a very different world then when we grew up. Columbine and 9/11 changed everything. I see nothing wrong with kids having basic cellphones so that they can't get ahold of their parents at any time and vice versa. Payphones are becoming extinct. My 10 year old neice has a cell phone (just a basic one) and is very responsible with it.
    It is very different. I and many others believe that the same attitudes led to Columbine and kids with cells. Back when I was 13 we didn't have cell phones and we didn't have any Columbines. The problem is that parents give in to their kids and get them anything they want and the kids feel entitled... entitled to have cell phones, iPods, Gameboys, their way, etc.
    Also, keeping in touch is a bunch of BS. No one NEEDS to keep in touch. My kids both got cell phones when they finished college and got jobs (as another poster proposed) and got their own. When they were in school we "kept in touch" by my being around where they could actually touch me if they wanted. I got to know their principal, most teachers, youth director at church, and band director.
    09-04-09 09:56 PM
    nope lol its actually people like you that annoy me, the ones that think you have to be a freakin CEO to own a BlackBerry...no offense
    09-04-09 09:58 PM
    BBs are the best phones ever! Lol

I kinda get where the OP is coming from tho! Is like picture an adult with a Sidekick lol not kool! Looks stupid...now picture a 13 year old with a BB...also looks a bit stupid but hei they spending their $$ so cnt really complain
    09-04-09 09:59 PM
    kind of offended. I am 16 and i would love to have a blackberry. I try to steal my brothers all the time :] It would be great because i need a phone to help me get organize between my job, college and high school and it's a great phone to text on and go on the net. It shouldn't be the age that annoys you, maybe it's just the fact that a young teen got a nice new blackberry for free when you had to pay for it? It would upset me too. I got my first phone in the 6th grade and it was a tracfone that weighed nearly 3 pounds. Now my best friends 4 year old sister has a smartphone while i'm using a piece of crap prepaid phone from walmart. now that's ridiculous.
    09-04-09 10:10 PM
    It is very different. I and many others believe that the same attitudes led to Columbine and kids with cells. Back when I was 13 we didn't have cell phones and we didn't have any Columbines. The problem is that parents give in to their kids and get them anything they want and the kids feel entitled... entitled to have cell phones, iPods, Gameboys, their way, etc.
    not sure if I see the connection between entitlement and an act of murder/suicide, but that's for another post (perhaps on another forum altogether). a teen becoming a mass murderer because he has a BB seems like a leap in logic. anyway...

back on topic, I have no problem with kids having cell phones. Should they have the newest smartphones? Personally I don't think so, but I'm not a parent, so its whatever.

Listening to some people at my job get mad at $300 phone bills because of data and text from lil Johnny's line...well, should've gotten him a Virgin Mobile clamshell lol
    09-04-09 10:10 PM
    kind of offended. I am 16 and i would love to have a blackberry. I try to steal my brothers all the time :] It would be great because i need a phone to help me get organize between my job, college and high school and it's a great phone to text on and go on the net. It shouldn't be the age that annoys you, maybe it's just the fact that a young teen got a nice new blackberry for free when you had to pay for it? It would upset me too. I got my first phone in the 6th grade and it was a tracfone that weighed nearly 3 pounds. Now my best friends 4 year old sister has a smartphone while i'm using a piece of crap prepaid phone from walmart. now that's ridiculous.
    My little 10 year old sisters friend has 2 Odins.....I asked her to sell me one but she wants to charge $1,100.99
    09-04-09 10:20 PM
    My neighbors six year old has a BB storm with unlimited data plan.....
    if your neighbor left the original OS on it, I'd probably call Child Services just on GP.
    09-04-09 10:25 PM
95 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD