I hooked up my z10 to link hit reload software and to my surprise there was an update 10.1.0.2312 . I took the update , everything loaded fine , i then tried using my phones after maybe five hours all my contacts loaded back but i could not scroll smoothly through my contacts, this is the first time i have seen the z10 so laggy, next thing i am looking for my hub i am greeted by a black screen , no hub . I had to restart before it showed up , the worst thing of all i could no longer make calls , this is the message i am greeted with, Do not update bb z10 to 10.1.0.2312-img_00000350.jpg , i have tried maybe 40 times to make a phone call it won't go through , i restarted several times and nothing, I downloaded skype it refused to open , everything takes a while before it opens, Can someone let me know if they experienced this issue ? By the way i am on lime network in Dominica in the caribbean , I am going to go back to my previous os.

let me know your thoughts .
    06-11-13 08:17 PM
    Hi bbdocc,

It's normal for your Z10 to be laggy for a while after an OS upgrade, the new OS needs time to settle in, many things are syncing and the phone is busy trying to organize and optimise everything.. depending on the size of the mail boxes and contact lists, you can expect this to settle down and for the phone to be fast as ever in the next 24 hours.

As for your phone problem.. have you checked with your carrier to see if there is an outage or something that would be preventing you from making calls? if that's not the case, then it is possible you update was corrupted, or didn't install properly. You could reconnect the device to BBlink and click the reload software button to try again.

That said, this is not a common occurrence, or a global problem with the software. Others should not be afraid to complete the upgrade.
    06-11-13 08:32 PM
    i have another phone and phone calls work perfectly on the same network, i know the phone is syncing a long time after , I did not reload my backup just to see how the new os works and it was still very laggy
    06-11-13 08:54 PM