TORONTO � BlackBerry has apparently leaked details about another new, high-end smartphone on its own website a week before CEO John Chen�s self-imposed deadline to make the company�s slumping hardware business profitable again.

A variety of tech blogs first noticed early Tuesday a list of specifications for the so-called DTEK60 on a link marked �do not publish� published on the mobile company�s website. BlackBerry did not answer questions regarding the accuracy of the information or whether it was published intentionally.

In an emailed statement, a spokesperson wrote �we are not making any product announcements today, but will keep you informed of future updates.�

ScreenshotA screenshot of the cached Blackberry web page showing the DTEK60 design specifications.
    The page has since been taken down, but cached copies reveal details about an Android-powered device with higher processing power and better camera compared to the DTEK50, BlackBerry�s latest offering. The new device has a fingerprint sensor, but doesn�t have the keyboard beloved by diehard BlackBerry fans.

The apparent leak comes less than two months after BlackBerry released the DTEK50, a mid-range device pitched as the �world�s most secure Android.�

In June, Chen indicated the company had at least two new devices in the works after the Priv, its first Android-operated device, posted poor sales due to its high price point. He told reporters one of the new devices would have the signature keyboard, indicating the existence of a third device.

Chen has previously set a deadline of September to make the once-dominant smartphone maker�s hardware division profitable again or get out of the business. The division lost $21 million in the last quarter, but it was expanded to include revenue from licensing device software.

BlackBerry reports its latest set of earnings next Tuesday.

Reference National Post
    ?Do not publish?: Apparent accidental BlackBerry leak hints at new high-end device on the way

Posted via CB10
    09-20-16 03:48 PM
    09-20-16 03:52 PM
    Specs:

5.5" diagonal, 534 PPI, 2560 x 1440 Quad HD resolution
    All-touch screen, with intuitive gesture based navigation
    Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 64-bit Quad-Core (MSM8996 with 64 bit Quad-Core 2+2 Kryo 2.15GHz / 1.6GHz), Adreno 530, 624MHz GPU
    4 GB RAM, 32 GB Flash
    USB Type-C
    3000 mAh 4.4V non-removable Lithium-Ion battery QC3.0 Enabled
    21-megapixel auto-focus camera
    8-megapixel Fixed-Focus
    Fingerprint sensor (DTEK60)
    Convenience key

Posted via CB10
    09-20-16 03:54 PM
    I am interested to see what this device will look like. If it comes out soon I might consider upgrade at Christmas. Then again I love my z30 I might just stick with that.

I wonder when they figure out more people want another bb10 phone over android??

#luvmybb10os
    09-20-16 04:33 PM

I wonder when they figure out more people want another bb10 phone over android??

#luvmybb10os
    Well the point is they don't

If they did, we wouldn't be here now would we
    09-21-16 05:07 AM

#luvmybb10os
    More people meaning more people in this forum, which is a very small part of the buying public.
    09-21-16 05:48 AM
    I am interested to see what this device will look like. If it comes out soon I might consider upgrade at Christmas. Then again I love my z30 I might just stick with that.

#luvmybb10os
    Never, because that is a fantasy.

Correction:

I wonder when they figure out more people ON CRACKBERRY BUT NOWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD want another bb10 phone over android?

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    arkenoi likes this.
    09-21-16 05:51 AM
    Well the point is they don't

If they did, we wouldn't be here now would we
    I believe the majority of people who would consider buying a Blackberry would prefer a BB10 or non Android Blackberry. Would be willing to bet money.
    09-21-16 06:45 AM
    I believe the majority of people who would consider buying a Blackberry would prefer a BB10 or non Android Blackberry. Would be willing to bet money.
    I'd agree with that statement.
    09-21-16 06:54 AM
    I have been using BB10 for 3 years now and although I love it, I've realized that I need apps and patchwork workarounds is something I'm getting sick of. I just need it to work. I'll take a fully working Android over a half functioning BB10.

Posted via CB10
    cribble2k likes this.
    09-21-16 07:05 AM
    I have been using BB10 for 3 years now and although I love it, I've realized that I need apps and patchwork workarounds is something I'm getting sick of. I just need it to work. I'll take a fully working Android over a half functioning BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Would you prefer Android or BB10 with ART 7.0 with no GPS?
    Especially knowing how easy it is to install GPS if you wanted.
    09-21-16 07:09 AM
    Unfortunately Cobalt's solution has reached the end of the line. It is several versions behind, and would certainly not function on a newer ART. Changes on Google's side has made it impossible to fix.
    09-21-16 07:30 AM
    Unfortunately Cobalt's solution has reached the end of the line. It is several versions behind, and would certainly not function on a newer ART. Changes on Google's side has made it impossible to fix.
    Of course the current files wont work but I'm sure eventually we would have a new solution.
    I am still using the Cobalt solution and installing on additional devices without issue. The problem is some newer apps require ART 4.3+
    09-21-16 07:36 AM
    Of course the current files wont work but I'm sure eventually we would have a new solution.
    I am still using the Cobalt solution and installing on additional devices without issue. The problem is some newer apps require ART 4.3+
    Yeah, because we'll just pull that solution from a unicorn's arse, right?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-16 07:41 AM
    Yeah, because we'll just pull that solution from a unicorn's arse, right?

Posted via CB10
    Your right... it would be impossible.
    A theoretical solution for a theoretical scenario. Lets just keep quiet and read posts about overheating and poor battery life.
    09-21-16 07:50 AM
    **You're right... it would be impossible.
    A theoretical solution for a theoretical scenario. Lets just keep quiet and read posts about overheating and poor battery life.
    Actual solution appears to be Android since BlackBerry isn't wasting anymore money on BB10. **important fact, I didn't say BlackBerry Android, just Android.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-16 07:57 AM
    No. The newer versions of Google Play Services can't be patched. It has gone as far as this method can go.

In terms of app availability, this is an even bigger problem than the lack of an updated Runtime.
    09-21-16 08:09 AM
    Would you prefer Android or BB10 with ART 7.0 with no GPS?
    I'd prefer a BB10 that had ART7.0 and iOS and Windows phone capabilities, but that will never happen. Also, anything over the current ART will never happen. So, I'm going to be realistic and get an Android powered by BlackBerry. Preferably a pkb.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-16 08:20 AM
    Again, it depends what you mean.
    If you're talking existing Blackberry users then yes.

If you're talking Android users who arent under Samsungs umbrella willing to consider any device, then no
    09-21-16 08:34 AM
    Again, it depends what you mean.
    If you're talking existing Blackberry users then yes.

If you're talking Android users who arent under Samsungs umbrella willing to consider any device, then no
    I am simply talking people who are willing to consider a Blackberry device.
    09-21-16 08:41 AM
    No. The newer versions of Google Play Services can't be patched. It has gone as far as this method can go.

In terms of app availability, this is an even bigger problem than the lack of an updated Runtime.
    The newer versions cant be patched due to us having an older ART or due to some additional check on Google's end?
    09-21-16 08:43 AM
    I am simply talking people who are willing to consider a Blackberry device.
    There are probably more Android users willing to consider Blackberry devices on Android then there are current BB10 users in my opinion.

But hey all this is opinion and I cant complain if you think different.

I'd love to see a proper BB10 device release since the last great one was the Z30 and that release was handled poorly
    09-21-16 08:46 AM
    Actual solution appears to be Android since BlackBerry isn't wasting anymore money on BB10. **important fact, I didn't say BlackBerry Android, just Android.

Posted via CB10
    Instead you can also buy iPhone or Windows.. (I'm here specifically because I don't like android)
    09-21-16 08:46 AM
    Instead you can also buy iPhone or Windows.. (I'm here specifically because I don't like android)
    Windows are actively competing against Blackberry so I'd always say avoid Windows if you're a Blackberry fan.

Also I wouldnt trust Windows not to go the same way as Blackberry
    09-21-16 08:48 AM
    The newer versions cant be patched due to us having an older ART or due to some additional check on Google's end?
    The latter. Plus it has become far more complex and integrated.
    09-21-16 08:50 AM
28 12