About two weeks ago my BIS stopped working. After many nights of calling tech service with my carrier and waiting almost a week to hear back from RIM I finally got my official answer. I had bought a BlackBerry from a non-official vendor (ebay)so it was RIM itself that turned off my BIS. No apologies from rim that they had to do this just a "do you understand" . Needless to say I am not happy but it is what it is. Just thought I should warn others before more people fall into the same situation as me.

Come on BB 10. I need you now to help me forget about this...
    BB8520boy likes this.
    07-11-12 11:59 PM
    you have to be joking? people buy BB devices 2nd hand all the time and as long as they are not listed as stolen they will work just fine.
    jegs2 and BLu like this.
    07-12-12 12:04 AM
    Ya it worked perfectly since last December until two weeks ago to
    07-12-12 12:14 AM
    Lol you bought a device that was reported lost or stolen, I bought several used BBs over the past three years and never have they once been blocked except for the time I reported my own phone lost or stolen and then found it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-12-12 12:14 AM
    I stopped buying goods from eBay because its overrun by Chinese scam artists. One seller advertised new product, but shipped without components and obvious defects. He was from "LA", but goods looked like they were from China, and poorly packaged.

Buy from Craigslist or an authorized shop.
    07-12-12 12:15 AM
    Yea the chinese on ebay make a fake seller account with a usa address but ship from china. Its because most people filter out anything but north america, so they adapted. EBAY is junk though.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-12-12 12:17 AM
    I had a problem in a store once, so never buy from a store either...
    chm985, jegs2, DocDRM and 1 others like this.
    07-12-12 12:22 AM
    Not just a chinese...

Once I bought a used PS3 on eBay from a seller who said he was in the States.

Two months later it arrived.
    From Germany.
    With absolutely NO protective packaging.
    Needless to say it doesn't work

Was the last time I bought anything from eBay.
    07-12-12 02:21 AM
    Been buying phone on eBay for many year & never had an issue, H3ll just got a 9900.
    Been playing with it all night long.
    07-12-12 03:01 AM
    What about Amazon you guys? I really want a white 9900 and there's one there at $561 that i'm tempted about. A Canadian friend can get me a Rogers one at a slightly higher price. Trust my friend more than Amazon!
    07-12-12 03:18 AM
    i bought my first bb off ebay which was the pearl 8130 seller said it was brand new, and when i recieved it was brand new and i got pretty quick and i had constant communication with the seller, my 2nd bb the tour 9630 came brand new and came right on time, idk if you guys read the sellers reviews, whenever i buy anything on ebay i make sure the seller has positive feedback and has sold to hundreds if not thousands of ppl and also read the negative reviews to see what was the most common problem with the seller. last thing i bout from ebay were some dr.dre beat headphones had no problems with them at all
    07-12-12 03:30 AM
    What about Amazon you guys? I really want a white 9900 and there's one there at $561 that i'm tempted about. A Canadian friend can get me a Rogers one at a slightly higher price. Trust my friend more than Amazon!
    are you buying it from amazon or a vendor on amazon? where are they gonna ship it from?
    07-12-12 03:32 AM
    Hhhhmmm can't remember right now.
    07-12-12 03:34 AM
    hmmmmmmmmmm lol
    07-12-12 04:02 AM
    07-12-12 04:42 AM
    Yes, that looks like a reputable seller.
    07-12-12 04:51 AM
    That's very strange and shouldn't be the case. As long as the phone is not reported stolen, the device will never be blacklisted and will continue working.

If this is the case, then selling used phones to a friend is also forbidden as it's not from an 'official' store. No, there must be something more to this story.
    Mr.Monty likes this.
    07-12-12 05:13 AM
    you can always make a case of a defective product at paypal and they will give your money back, buying on Ebay is pretty much risk free, if you ask me.
    of course this specific case maybe a bit different.
    07-12-12 06:57 AM
    you have to be joking? people buy BB devices 2nd hand all the time and as long as they are not listed as stolen they will work just fine.
    Was thinking the same thing. Just recently sold my old 9850 on eBay, and no complaints from the buyer. It's best to check the seller's record before buying, but otherwise it can be a really good deal.
    07-12-12 08:20 AM
    Good grief, that's a lot! Saw those on eBay going for around $250.
    07-12-12 08:22 AM
    About two weeks ago my BIS stopped working. After many nights of calling tech service with my carrier and waiting almost a week to hear back from RIM I finally got my official answer. I had bought a BlackBerry from a non-official vendor (ebay)so it was RIM itself that turned off my BIS. No apologies from rim that they had to do this just a "do you understand" . Needless to say I am not happy but it is what it is. Just thought I should warn others before more people fall into the same situation as me.

Come on BB 10. I need you now to help me forget about this...
    I've sold and bought many phones, majority BBs, on ebay and never had a problem with buying nor selling.

Don't blame all sellers and start an unwarranted panic thread for one bad experience you had.

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2
    07-12-12 09:15 AM
    That's why I always read seller reviews.
    & I only shop on Amazon. Not too crazy about eBay.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    07-12-12 10:46 AM
    I've bought three playbooks and two phones off eBay with no problem. Seller rating is big, but if you do have issues eBay usually takes care of it. Craigslist is probably more likely to be suspect. I've ran into 4 sellers on CL that were in business for themselves.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    07-12-12 11:12 AM
    Condemning eBay for one transaction is a little bit overboard. eBay is just facilitating the sellers, many sellers that each should be judged on their own merits.. It's like saying don't go to the mall because one of the stores there did me wrong.

And there seems to be some miscommunication over the whole BIS thing because that's not how they operate...
    07-12-12 03:39 PM
    Condemning eBay for one transaction is a little bit overboard. eBay is just facilitating the sellers, many sellers that each should be judged on their own merits.. It's like saying don't go to the mall because one of the stores there did me wrong.

And there seems to be some miscommunication over the whole BIS thing because that's not how they operate...
    I'm wondering if it was a device that was a prototype or something, because I have never, ever heard of RIM deactivating BIS service, particularly since you pay your carrier for it and it would, to me, cause some liability issues for the terms of the service agreement.

I'm getting the feeling that we are missing some of the story.

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2
    07-12-12 11:01 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD