I am currently an AT&T user and have had the samsung eternity for over a year. Recently, my phone has broken and i was looking into getting a blackberry. I do not have a data plan on my phone (no internet, pictures, or any of that) I was looking on ebay to find a cheap unlocked phone. Is it possible that if i buy a phone off of there it will work if i put in my SIM card? All i really need it for is texting and to make calls.
    Any help would be great!

Thank you
    09-15-10 08:49 PM
    AT&T will automatically add a data plan to a BlackBerry activated after September 2009.
    09-15-10 08:53 PM
    I think T-Mobile is the only carrier that doesn't require a data plan on a BlackBerry (well, if you don't buy it from them).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-10 11:38 PM
    I bought a iphone from somewhere else and now I signed a 2-year contract with AT&T, do I need to have the data plan?
    09-16-10 12:35 AM
    09-16-10 06:06 AM
    If all you will do is make calls and send texts then you really don't need a blackberry.

09-16-10 08:12 AM
    Yes, you should.
    09-16-10 08:34 PM
    If all you will do is make calls and send texts then you really don't need a blackberry.

I agree but some people do it because they like the BB keyboard for texting.
    09-16-10 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD