i have really been strugling with the blackberry calendar. i would like to organize it a little more with either categories or two different calendars. i have searched and search to find that this really isn't possible.

but then i stumbled onto this... while in my calendar, if i hit "options", i see an option called "Select Calendar. this then gives 3 options....

1. show all calendars.
    2. [email protected]
    or
    3. Desktop

i do have BES through ExchangeMyMail. it looks as if i can have a calendar with my BIS account as well. i cant figure out how to get any entries to sync to it.

i realize that only one can be synced wireless, which is NO Problem. the second callendar doesn't change that much. i just need to keep them seperated.

does anyone know how i can do this?

Thanks, Cody
    02-12-08 08:25 AM
    update....

i can create an event in this second calendar from the blackberry that works great with the blackberry. when i select "show all calendars" the new event shows up. when i select "desktop" it goes away. and of course when i select "[email protected]" just the event i put in via blackberry shows up. just the way i like it.

now the only question is how to i manually sync this to one of my allready created calendars?

for example.... in outlook i have two calendars, "work" and "personal". i have the "work" calendar sync through the BES, but now want to get this "personal" calendar in to this second calendar.

thanks agian anyone who helps.

cody
    02-12-08 08:38 AM
    Let me know I have been trying to do this for over a month.
    02-12-08 09:00 AM
    nobody? anybody?
    02-13-08 07:57 AM
    That's interesting. I have BES and BIS but don't have the calendar option you mentioned - probably because I only do BES wireless sync with one calendar. I haven't tried this, but guess that the second calendar may be synced (cable, not wireless) using the BB Desktop Synchronize option. You might look into that if you haven't already and see if there is a way to cable sync to one calendar folder and leave your BES wireless sync pointing to a different calendar folder. HTH.
    02-13-08 09:34 AM
    That's interesting. I have BES and BIS but don't have the calendar option you mentioned - probably because I only do BES wireless sync with one calendar. I haven't tried this, but guess that the second calendar may be synced (cable, not wireless) using the BB Desktop Synchronize option. You might look into that if you haven't already and see if there is a way to cable sync to one calendar folder and leave your BES wireless sync pointing to a different calendar folder. HTH.
    i have tried that. it only lets you sync on way. if i have it set for wireless that is all i get. i have played and played and can't figure it out.

it is weird that you dont have the option and cant see it. i have BES and BIS as well.

did you go to.... calendar and then hit the option key? do you not see a "select calendar"? maybe you need to select "full menu" first.
    02-13-08 09:47 AM
    Was looking at the full menu. Perhaps the diff is that I've got a ATT Curve running 4.2.2.166 and you've got a Sprint Pearl (running 4.3?)
    02-13-08 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD