I'm sure the attitude toward instagram on this forum will change once it's available for BB10
    Just like how people kept deriding 'Angry birds' as a useless timewaster and babbled about 'tools not toys'...

...until Angry Farm came out and people started posting threads on SNES emulators for the PlayBook
    03-01-13 09:50 AM
    83% of smartphone users will use instagram, FACT.

(Bonus points if you can tell who I'm parodying)
    03-01-13 09:55 AM
    I honestly couldn't care one iota about Instagram and will not be getting it when I get the Q10. Photo Studio free does all I ever wanted to do was to mash a couple photos into one block section to post via twitter. That's it. I don't have any use for the alteration stuff.
    03-01-13 11:26 AM
    83% of smartphone users will use instagram, FACT.

(Bonus points if you can tell who I'm parodying)
    Mike Meyer's mom in "So I Married an Axe Murderer".
    03-01-13 01:18 PM
    I for one couldn't give a CRAP about Instagram....................never used it, never will! Not an essential app in any universe!
    03-01-13 01:24 PM
    Actually, I have an Android handset (GS 3) as well as my WP (and am looking forward to getting a Z10 when it ships in the states as well).

I have opened Instagram on my Android handset exactly twice.

It's a fairly generic bit of "functionality." Anybody can do photo filters, and there are all sorts of different photo sharing services that all do the same thing -- Microsoft's SkyDrive Photos, Flickr from Yahoo, Facebook's own image share, etc.

I don't see the big deal, and every time I challenge people who think Instagram is the bee's knees to explain why it's so critical or differentiated, I either get a blank stare or "everyone uses it" (which isn't true).

And while it's true that some platforms didn't get Angry Birds or Instagram, while others did, there's also a whole series of "BB only" and "Windows Phone only" apps that do stuff you cannot get on iOS or Android... and those two platforms "do without" (even when it's really important stuff that adds true power, like gestures, Live Tiles, Active Frames, etc.)

And it's rather difficult to argue with the numbers. When 91% of people don't care about an app they could otherwise run, that says a lot about how "vital" the app is for the average smartphone user in everyday use.
    03-01-13 04:55 PM
31 12