The best thing to do, is just have her buy a BlackBerry through craigslist.com, so that way she is not trying to stick you with a 2 year contract either.
    11-27-09 12:19 PM
    if she can't afford $20 does she really need a BB or is it just because it's cool to have a smart phone. I won't even pay for data for my wife I'd certainly not do it for a girlfriend.
    11-27-09 01:12 PM
    DO IT! As a Blackbarian - it is your and our duty to ensure that we do our part to convert the entire population over to our brand of communications. Anything less would be, well, less!

LOL!
    11-27-09 01:16 PM
    My god all the negativity, we're not breaking up llol. Can we be optimistic here please? Llol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hey, you ASKED what everybody thought. If you didn't want to hear it, why'd you ask? They're not being pessimistic, they're being realistic. Your call, but when you ask people's opinions, you might want to be prepared to receive them. Just sayin'...
    11-27-09 01:30 PM
    Hey, you ASKED what everybody thought. If you didn't want to hear it, why'd you ask? They're not being pessimistic, they're being realistic. Your call, but when you ask people's opinions, you might want to be prepared to receive them. Just sayin'...
    you might just want to read a few posts after that when i said they were right before critisizing me
    11-27-09 01:34 PM
    My god all the negativity, we're not breaking up llol. Can we be optimistic here please? Llol

these things never end well, do you watch court tv shows???? doesn't VZW charge $30 a month for a data plan?
    Last edited by envied; 11-27-09 at 02:20 PM.
    11-27-09 02:18 PM
    Will she even use the blackberry? I got my wife one and she did not use it for what it was. Put her back on a basic flip phone.
    11-27-09 02:28 PM
    Lmfao you guys are righjt I'm just waiting for someone to say yes llol. Sorry guys. Thanks for the opinions. I was just trying to be a good boyfriend, but maybe I was being more stupid llol. Thanks for the opinioins, and the judge judy thing really made me laugh llol

yes, if u get her a bb youll get laid every day 4 as long as the contract lasts
    11-27-09 02:47 PM
    No don't. Get yourself the latest and greatest BB and loan her your old BB. And when she breaks up with you by BBM get it back and loan it to your new gf. Or tell Judge Judy hi when you see her.
    11-27-09 02:53 PM
    ha! That is icing on the cake.
    11-27-09 02:55 PM
    I would say if you are into it for the long term then there is nothing wrong with it as long as you do it for the right reasons and only you know what those are..
    11-27-09 03:01 PM
    i would normally say yes. but what about those days when ur at the bar with the boys and "ur phone didnt have reception" lol shes gonna know u read her message. ha ha
    11-28-09 11:30 AM
    Llol guys relax, its not on my creditcard, I'm just giving her the cash for it, and she'll take care of the rest llol.

If you can afford it,go for it. I would.
    11-28-09 01:27 PM
    go ahead so you can bbm each other all day like me and my girl does!!
    11-28-09 01:30 PM
    **** yes! Then you and she can enjoy the wonders of the BlackBerry Messenger together! Twenty bucks is a small price to pay to be that much closer to your sweetie when you're apart from each other.
    11-28-09 01:35 PM
    I say along with that Verizon 2two year contract, make her sign a You and Me two year contract, if you're cool with that.

Not sure what you could come up as a ETF fee.
    And, just a reminder, if you did break up, she's got so many ways to bug the crapola out of you!

It's not negativity. It's called perspective. It is absolutely something you should think about if you're doing this for your girlfriend.

And like everyone else, only you can answer that question. All factors considered.
    Honestly, if $20 isn't breaking your wallet, just do it.

Hoping that you and her have been together for sometime, I am sure she would appreciate some help, and having a sense of a stronger bond by paying a bill together! At least, she knows you are not an ***, and care.
    if she can't afford $20 does she really need a BB or is it just because it's cool to have a smart phone. I won't even pay for data for my wife I'd certainly not do it for a girlfriend.
    DO IT! As a Blackbarian - it is your and our duty to ensure that we do our part to convert the entire population over to our brand of communications. Anything less would be, well, less!

LOL!
    im gonna answer all of these in order llol.

1. LMFAO to the You and me contract llol

2. and see thats why we wouldnt breakup she'd be bothering me. bbming me so we'd still be together llol

3. and yes i do consider all of the factors. i know its not a joke but ii really would like her to join the blackberry wagon.

4. we've been together for 2 years now. im 20 she's 18. and she knows im not an *******. we both do alot and enough for eachother.

5. I want her to have a bb becauswe shes getting into college and she can pay for the extra 20 a month, but she has to help with family finances too. im just trying to be helpful

6. and the last one, you have a very good point llol. we should be cultivating our population mmore
    11-28-09 05:20 PM
    No don't. Get yourself the latest and greatest BB and loan her your old BB. And when she breaks up with you by BBM get it back and loan it to your new gf. Or tell Judge Judy hi when you see her.
    I would say if you are into it for the long term then there is nothing wrong with it as long as you do it for the right reasons and only you know what those are..
    i would normally say yes. but what about those days when ur at the bar with the boys and "ur phone didnt have reception" lol shes gonna know u read her message. ha ha
    im gonna answer all of these in order llol.

1. LMFAO to the You and me contract llol

2. and see thats why we wouldnt breakup she'd be bothering me. bbming me so we'd still be together llol

3. and yes i do consider all of the factors. i know its not a joke but ii really would like her to join the blackberry wagon.

4. we've been together for 2 years now. im 20 she's 18. and she knows im not an *******. we both do alot and enough for eachother.

5. I want her to have a bb becauswe shes getting into college and she can pay for the extra 20 a month, but she has to help with family finances too. im just trying to be helpful

6. and the last one, you have a very good point llol. we should be cultivating our population mmore
    1. hahah i never even thought of that llol

2. that was our original plan. i was going to get the latest berry and she would get my 8330
    11-28-09 05:27 PM
    1. hahah i never even thought of that llol

2. that was our original plan. i was going to get the latest berry and she would get my 8330

3. and yes we are into this for the long term. its been two years so far, and theres not a doubt in my mind its going to stay this way

4. hahah to the bar one. that would suck llol. guess i have to uninstall bbm when im out llol

anyway wespoke about it. she wants to wait for her upgrade so she can get a new berry, after that we're going to start the deal llol
    11-28-09 05:31 PM
    I bought my gf a pink curve 8330 because she was always using my blackberry. Four months later we broke up and she used it to bombard me on bbm. Needless to say, I blocked her and now I only have to deal with txts!

If you aren't engaged, or married, don't buy your girl something she can use to stalk you!
    11-28-09 05:35 PM
    well, i really want my mom to have a smartphone and I am going to get her a new cellphone for Christamas but she said she doesn't want to pay extra $30 for data with ATT. I've considered paying that portion for her every month but I have enough bills myself. So I'll just get her a regular phone with a QWERTY.
    11-28-09 05:42 PM
    She says she can't afford the extra 20$ a month because of the unlimited data that verizon requires if you get a bb. I really want her to get one, so should I pay the extra remaining costs every month? I need help :/

sure. as long as your name isn't on the contract. until she's wifey, the ability to never have to deal with her again was a huge thing for me. My good friend is currently paying for a second line he has no use for since breaking up with his ex.
    11-28-09 05:46 PM
    all of your responses are helpful. all of you make good points. and i will keep all of these things in mind when i do make my final final decision. thank you all for your input. you all really care
    11-28-09 06:17 PM
    She says she can't afford the extra 20$ a month because of the unlimited data that verizon requires if you get a bb. I really want her to get one, so should I pay the extra remaining costs every month? I need help :/

That's up to you.

And it's $30 extra, not twenty.

And I wouldn't do it since you asked
    11-28-09 06:21 PM
    psh shes paying at least 10 of the thirty llol
    11-28-09 06:27 PM
    psh shes paying at least 10 of the thirty llol
    Well if that's fine with you and you really want her to have one then do
    what you'd like brotha.
    11-28-09 06:30 PM
61 123