She says she can't afford the extra 20$ a month because of the unlimited data that verizon requires if you get a bb. I really want her to get one, so should I pay the extra remaining costs every month? I need help :/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-09 12:37 AM
    Your call dude.
    11-27-09 12:39 AM
    LOL!!! You're gonna be the only one to answer that one. Been dating long? Think it will last... (till the 2 yr. term is up anyway) - good luck
    11-27-09 12:40 AM
    What will happen if you break up? Will you continue paying it?

I don't think you should. You're not her dad. You're her bf.

Thats a hard one...because if she cant afford it then you will be paying for it until she can. Are you will to make that long term obligation of $20 for 10 months, 17 months, 24 months etc??
    Only if you plan on marrying her.
    11-27-09 12:46 AM
    Llol guys relax, its not on my creditcard, I'm just giving her the cash for it, and she'll take care of the rest llol.

11-27-09 12:46 AM
    It's up to you man that's a hard one to answer. If its under her name then I don't see a prob. If you guys breakup she will b stuck with the bill.

11-27-09 12:49 AM
    My god all the negativity, we're not breaking up llol. Can we be optimistic here please? Llol

11-27-09 12:53 AM
    Personally I would buy her a BlackBerry from eBay (unlocked) and if Verizon don't like it then another carrier preferably with option for prepaid data.

11-27-09 12:53 AM
    Llol guys relax, its not on my creditcard, I'm just giving her the cash for it, and she'll take care of the rest llol.

I can see you now on Judge Judy when your "ex" girlfriend sues you for not giving her the money you promised to pay for her data plan.
    11-27-09 12:56 AM
    Dude!! You asked? What were you expecting? I think everyone here is answering your question - perhaps you've already made the decision and need validation
    11-27-09 01:01 AM
    Are you married? If not, no.
    11-27-09 01:03 AM
    hahah lol when I read the topic title again I read "do I get the girlfriend a BABY" xD lol

11-27-09 01:07 AM
    Lmfao you guys are righjt I'm just waiting for someone to say yes llol. Sorry guys. Thanks for the opinions. I was just trying to be a good boyfriend, but maybe I was being more stupid llol. Thanks for the opinioins, and the judge judy thing really made me laugh llol

11-27-09 01:18 AM
    Well if you think about it, $20 bill at the beginning of each month isn't bad; that's less than the cost of taking her out to the movies or to non-fast-food lunch.

So if you want to remain cost-neutral, skip out on a couple drinks or gifts?
    11-27-09 02:32 AM
    Don't do it man

11-27-09 02:36 AM
    I say yes. Give her the extra money up front to put away for the length of the contract so she isn't worried that if something happens she's stuck not having the extra to pay the bill.

11-27-09 09:01 AM
    Except for the fact that the Verizon data plan is 30.
    11-27-09 09:43 AM
    go for it dude
    11-27-09 10:11 AM
    My god all the negativity, we're not breaking up llol. Can we be optimistic here please? Llol

Go for it, I say! I sent my babes 7 months of BIS bills in advance! Let them call us crazy! I convinced her to get a blackberry and now got's her 890 this week she's in love lol.

(Oh, I do hope you two don't break up, or she'll have a problem to handle.)
    11-27-09 10:15 AM
    Honestly, if $20 isn't breaking your wallet, just do it.

Hoping that you and her have been together for sometime, I am sure she would appreciate some help, and having a sense of a stronger bond by paying a bill together! At least, she knows you are not an ***, and care.
    11-27-09 10:19 AM

It's not negativity. It's called perspective. It is absolutely something you should think about if you're doing this for your girlfriend.

And like everyone else, only you can answer that question. All factors considered.
    11-27-09 10:57 AM
    And, just a reminder, if you did break up, she's got so many ways to bug the crapola out of you!

11-27-09 11:16 AM
    I say along with that Verizon 2two year contract, make her sign a You and Me two year contract, if you're cool with that.

Not sure what you could come up as a ETF fee.
    11-27-09 12:11 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD