Hello,
    Two weeks ago, I bought a brand new 9780 off of someone on Craigslist. It was a Bell phone that I unlocked to use with Rogers. I noticed that the bottom part of the bezel is a bit loose. I can like click it in.
    Is it even worth getting repaired? Can I repair it myself?
    How do I use my warranty? Through Rogers? Bell? RIM?

Thanks!
    08-13-11 07:20 PM
    Technically warranty's aren't transferable, so you don't have one. Grab the part on eBay and fix it yourself.
    08-13-11 07:44 PM
    Technically warranty's aren't transferable, so you don't have one. Grab the part on eBay and fix it yourself.
    What do I need for the warranty that I currently don't have?
    08-13-11 08:32 PM
    You need proof of purchase

The Warranty is offered by the Carrier the phone was issued to, and the Carrier usually only gives warranty to products in use on their networks.
    08-13-11 08:34 PM
    You need proof of purchase

The Warranty is offered by the Carrier the phone was issued to, and the Carrier usually only gives warranty to products in use on their networks.
    Is there no warranty offered by RIM, like Apple does?
    08-13-11 08:43 PM
    Is there no warranty offered by RIM, like Apple does?
    Nope, RIM does not sell direct, Apple does, Apple gets to keep the added margins for selling direct and inturn can manage the Warranty,

RIM sells to the Carriers so the Carriers handle basic warranty, and then if they can't handle it, they then can escalate it to RIM for the first year.

IMO it is a flawed system from RIM, and they need to find a way to handle warranty's in a method that will not damage their Operating margins.
    08-13-11 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD