You are assuming for some reason Prem won't break up the company.
    09-16-13 03:14 PM
    I was actually wondering, what is going to happen in the worst case scenario? Say, Blackberry will be sold in pieces to different investors/companies/etc. Is there any hope that support will still exist, that someone will work on the new OS and release updates? Can someone with some experience and sufficient industry knowledge provide a credible opinion as with regard of how product life cycle might develop and look like?
    Reasoning behind this question is fairly simple, I am considering buying a Q10 in order to replace my somewhat old Curve 8900 and I was wondering whether this investment is going to be worth it. I bet that a lot of people who got interested in the new product are facing such a dilemma, even Morgan Stanley does.
    09-17-13 03:22 PM
    Does any one on this forum actually do a proper Google search of BlackBerry news ?????
    I gotta tell you. The news is not good.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah....about twice a month. FWIW, I never believed all the hype before a BlackBerry release and I still bought a few. So, there is no reason to dwell on whatever is going to happen......before it actually happens. ((Shrugs)). The only thing I can control is my Z10.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 09-18-13 at 10:16 PM.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    09-17-13 03:49 PM
    I was actually wondering, what is going to happen in the worst case scenario? Say, Blackberry will be sold in pieces to different investors/companies/etc. Is there any hope that support will still exist, that someone will work on the new OS and release updates? Can someone with some experience and sufficient industry knowledge provide a credible opinion as with regard of how product life cycle might develop and look like?
    Reasoning behind this question is fairly simple, I am considering buying a Q10 in order to replace my somewhat old Curve 8900 and I was wondering whether this investment is going to be worth it. I bet that a lot of people who got interested in the new product are facing such a dilemma, even Morgan Stanley does.
    Worse case... we don't know what type of contracts are in place to protect Carriers, Enterprise Users and consumers. BB can't just pull the plug as it were without affecting a lot of people, unless they were in some type of Bankruptcy - which they are a long way from right now. So I think a device you buy today will work through it's intended lifespan. Even if BB did pull the plug only BBM and App World would be affect if you are a non BES user (I think).

That said, they could announce the end of the Hardware Division and stop all work on future updates and effective kill any future app development.

So it really depends on what an investment in a Q10 is to you.

(Personally - while I bought in on the hype of building a new platform. Now... I'd go with an established platform)
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 09-18-13 at 08:19 AM.
    Mihal Shopofolives likes this.
    09-17-13 04:00 PM
29 12