Why doesnt someone bang out a sweet version of the facebook app, and throw a $10 price tag on that bad boy, and sit home collecting checks??

The current app is useless. Fine the mobile site works for most needs, but why not make a facebook app similar to whats on the iphone, and have it actually function on the blackberry? My feeling is that it would sell like hotcakes.

To my knowledge facebook has released their API and SDK info, is there something else preventing developers from rolling something out?
    02-10-09 12:28 PM
    1st: I think that RIM and/or Facebook will not allow 'any' third party developer to create a Facebook app
    2nd: Don't think it's possible to make since the Facebook app uses a lot of private/hidden APIs
    02-10-09 12:35 PM
    1st: I think that RIM and/or Facebook will not allow 'any' third party developer to create a Facebook app
    2nd: Don't think it's possible to make since the Facebook app uses a lot of private/hidden APIs
    Ahh well that explains it then ahaha

I thought i heard facebook released their SDK and API for development, i am probably mistaken though.

oh well ... m.facebook.com it is then! heh
    02-10-09 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD