I'll PM you my income to debt ratio..
    08-27-08 01:07 PM
    simple fix file a police report including the esn/imei # and pin # and report it to the SP as stolen not lost. If anything comes of that you have documentation on your side. You got a new BB out of it didn't you!
    08-27-08 01:18 PM
    Also, US GSM carriers don't blacklist IEMI's. So yeah, it's general practice.
    Actually they do...

>>GSM World - Using GSM - IMEI Database
    08-27-08 03:47 PM
    Lol

My first question after reading the first post was "where did the new BB come from", this is why the internet is a double edged sword.

As for lost property in general, if it's lost and you are compensated, I consider it fair game for someone to resell it as refurbished. But only in the case of compensation.

I would just switch from them as soon as you can.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-08 04:10 PM
    The rest of the story changed everything. Jenay had it all along . The company acted not just unethical, but criminally. They were dealing in stolen property, plain as can be. But do you arrest a company? The sad thing is that they are too big for you to do anything to them for the way you were wronged. It is as I said, you had enough leverage to win a case and recover your loss from them, and I probably would have pushed for more to make up for their mistreatment of you.

Spaz, by giving us the rest of the story, you instantly became sympathetic. You caught them with their hands in the cookie jar, and I think it's safe to say our opinion of the company dropped like a rock.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-08 09:58 PM
    First of all, let me make it very clear that I am NOT defending your carrier's actions. That being said, did you receive a replacement from them? Did they discount a new device? Again, this is where specifics do become relevant in this case.

And as far as your carrier reselling your device, on top of selling you a new one (which I'm not sure at this point whether they did or didn't,) you act like you are surprised. Really? Cell phone carriers are in business to make a PROFIT. This shouldn't shock you at all. Is reselling lost or stolen devices ethical? He*l no! But when it comes down to it, the business world is pretty dirty, and everyone does what they can to make a buck.
    I wonder how often is does happen to phones without a pin ID. I also doubt that anyone working refurbing phones will be interested or have a list available of stolen or lost phones....Phone not working...phone working...next
    04-02-10 04:17 AM
    My guess would be this:
    POSSIBILITY 1
    You reported the blackberry lost or stolen, and got a new blackberry. This was probably on a GSM carrier because on a GSM carrier you can not lock the imei like you can the ESN on a CDMA carrier.

Now, somebody else probably found your blackberry and had it put onto their account, and then swapped it out even though nothing was wrong on it. Very common on GSM carriers as most customers are afraid to hold onto the lost/stolen phone.

Your carrier received the phone at their warehouse, found nothing wrong so they refurbished it, and sent it back out to someone who needed a phone replacement without ever knowing.

IMEI's are not cross referenced at the warehouse. It'd take too much time and money to do so.

POSSIBILITY 2
    The guy who has your phone knows it was lost/stolen and is lieing to you
    04-02-10 10:07 AM
    Also your title is misleading, because in your title it implies the carrier resold the refurbished phone, but in your original post it states that the new owner of your blackberry recieved it as a reconditioned phone and didn't buy it from the carrier.

That would mean they didn't resell it.
    04-02-10 10:09 AM
    i got a great app while searching blackberry lost stolen app its working great and i am much impressed by it as it save my BB 2 times forgetting in a near cafee.
    Its called Berry Snooper lost stolen app
    04-05-10 07:11 AM
    Wow we are digging this horse back up to beat it some more!!!!
    04-05-10 07:18 AM
    Finders Keepers.
    Thats not right.
    Lost or stolen it should still be returned if your carrier can across it.
    04-05-10 11:23 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD