Cell phone radiation has been in the media lately. Do blackberry's emit more radiation just because of their technology? For example, the blackberry storm has a low SAR rating but since it is a blackberry, does it not matter? Any opinions?
    09-15-09 01:23 PM
    09-15-09 01:25 PM
    09-15-09 01:26 PM
    Certain BB's tend to have pretty bad SAR test results, like the Sprint 8330 specifically.
    09-15-09 01:31 PM
    If you're worried then give the phone to me.
    09-15-09 01:34 PM
    Kinda surprised that "don't use cell phones" wasn't one of the suggestions...
    09-15-09 01:40 PM
    Kinda surprised that "don't use cell phones" wasn't one of the suggestions...
    You know, for a Genius of Geniuses you're getting into some pretty touchy territory on a phone forum.
    09-15-09 01:42 PM
    I understood just fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 03:01 PM
    Not again!

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-15-09 03:10 PM
    Not again!

Thnx, �Tripster�

Yep, again. More foolish people worried about cell phones, swine flu and the aliems coming to get them.

09-15-09 06:47 PM
    I have to admit I am more worried about swine flu. I worry about cellphone radiation and alien abduction roughly equally. I am much more worried about what harm I might do to my Tour than vice versa.

09-15-09 06:54 PM
    I have to admit I am more worried about swine flu. I worry about cellphone radiation and alien abduction roughly equally.
    What about swine-flu infected aliens who are carrying cell phones that emit lots of radiation?

Seriously, we're surrounded by radiation every day. If we're going to fret that much, we may as well draw the blinds and seal the doors and windows.

I'll just go on using my phone, usually with my trusty headset....I'm not concerned anyway...I've got extra fluid surrounding my brain.
    09-15-09 07:47 PM
    Seriously, we're surrounded by radiation every day. If we're going to fret that much, we may as well draw the blinds and seal the doors and windows.
    Doors and windows don't stop radiation though...
    09-15-09 07:58 PM
    Doors and windows don't stop radiation though...
    Sure they do, we have coatings on our windows to reduce the amount of radiation entering the office.
    09-15-09 08:02 PM
    Sure they do, we have coatings on our windows to reduce the amount of radiation entering the office.
    But then you have the electric and wireless devices inside the office already
    09-15-09 08:47 PM
    Oh no you didn't!

Ok, so I work in a Faraday cage with 2 granite rods to type on teh PC with. Happy? No EM radiation is getting me.

But... I can't get phone calls.
    09-15-09 08:50 PM
    If I am getting radiation off my BB (more than what is acceptable), I am dead duck. But, as any true addict, I will continue to deny that this is happening.
    09-15-09 08:53 PM
    Wow...that means....the radiation's coming from inside the building! Noooo!

I live 20 miles from a nuclear power plant. That's the only real source of radiation I'm worried about. Well, that and the sun....darn fair skin....

That being said, if they ever do show a link between cell phone usage and some adverse effects due to radiation, I'll rethink them. 'Til then, I'm enjoying my BB too much.
    09-15-09 08:54 PM
    Hey, seriously, if this thing is not emitting radiation then I gotta start using birth control. I hope someone can confirm these things do in fact emit a lot?
    09-15-09 08:55 PM
    Hey, seriously, if this thing is not emitting radiation then I gotta start using birth control. I hope someone can confirm these things do in fact emit a lot?
    Hedge your bets....carry around 6 of them at once.
    09-15-09 09:00 PM
    Hedge your bets....carry around 6 of them at once.
    On vibrate? Deal!
    09-15-09 09:05 PM
    On vibrate? Deal!
    That'd be birth control right there...

"I'm sorry, honey....I'm exhausted!"

Oh, the wrong turns these threads take....

I blame all the radiation.
    09-15-09 09:16 PM
    Yes, it is affecting my brain, or lack thereof.
    09-15-09 09:21 PM
    Cell phone radiation has been in the media lately. Do blackberry's emit more radiation just because of their technology? For example, the blackberry storm has a low SAR rating but since it is a blackberry, does it not matter? Any opinions?
    Nonsense from hypochondriacs and obsessives.

You'll die if you drink too much water. Is drinking water dangerous?

Last report, aside from all the kook-rant about cell phone radiation, there has never been a documented case of anyone getting into trouble using a cell phone.

And if using a cell phone scares you, simple answer ... stop using them. But leave the rest of us alone.
    09-15-09 09:57 PM
    one time i was at a party and my friend said that he never would of seen me except for the glow in my pocket from all the radiation my 8330 was emitting
    09-16-09 02:53 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD