Orange Spain offers 500 mb of bandwidth (3G or regular) and they also have a plan that's called "Blackberry Email" which gives you free email but charges you for WAP connections.

My question is... if I just get the 500MB Data plan, will the blackberry know intelligently to connect to all the appropriate servers correctly or do I have to get a special "blackberry" service to have everything run smoothly.

If I get their "Blackberry Email" plan I know I will get charged for things like chatting on Google Talk and what not...so it's kind of a bad deal.

Basically what I'm saying is: I know with the iPhone I can just sign up for any old Data plan and everything works fine, but is it the same for the Blackberry?
    08-20-08 03:23 PM
    without the proper BlackBerry Data package from your carrier, you won't get all the BlackBerry service features, such as push email the BB browser.
    08-20-08 03:30 PM
    on another note - i use a g-mail app and don't use the blackberry browser or anything over the enterprise server and have no issues. I have an unlimited data and messaging plan for 35$ a month whereas for the same thing with just push e-mail and BB browser would be 50$ a month.. something to think about.
    08-20-08 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD