So I downloaded the newest 10.2.1 software and am happy with many of the updates. However the android runtime is getting better, but still lags and is very jittery.

When I look around crackberry there are people that claim android apps work FLAWLESSLY on their Z10/Z30 and that android apps run better on their BlackBerry 10 then their wife/friend/co workers Galaxy S4 or HTC one. Which I find extremely hard to believe as the BlackBerry is under speced and isn't even running native software

Now from my experience most android apps are in fact very laggy and extremely slow, Instagram is decent just for pictures but videos make it lag. And vine? Don't even get me started. Its hardly usable.
    So is it just me where android apps don't run all that well (borderline usable) or is it actually the truth and many on here are over exaggerating how great the runtime is?
    If there is a fix for mine then I'm open to all suggestions. (Telus Z10 running 10.2.1.1055

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 02:20 PM
    The forum posters I trust are having great success on 10.2.1. However there are some that claim to have zero success. I don't believe them. I have yet to download 10.2.1 so I am trusting credible CB members such as playbookster etc.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 02:24 PM
    The forum posters I trust are having great success on 10.2.1. However there are some that claim to have zero success. I don't believe them. I have yet to download 10.2.1 so I am trusting credible CB members such as playbookster etc.

Posted via CB10
    And what did he say?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 02:25 PM
    I'm sure he will find this thread he is having great success with many big name apps. Instagram, Netflix etc.

Posted via CB10
    peppeZ30 likes this.
    11-18-13 02:27 PM
    So I downloaded the newest 10.2.1 software and am happy with many of the updates. However the android runtime is getting better, but still lags and is very jittery.

When I look around crackberry there are people that claim android apps work FLAWLESSLY on their Z10/Z30 and that android apps run better on their BlackBerry 10 then their wife/friend/co workers Galaxy S4 or HTC one. Which I find extremely hard to believe as the BlackBerry is under speced and isn't even running native software

Now from my experience most android apps are in fact very laggy and extremely slow, Instagram is decent just for pictures but videos make it lag. And vine? Don't even get me started. Its hardly usable.
    So is it just me where android apps don't run all that well (borderline usable) or is it actually the truth and many on here are over exaggerating how great the runtime is?
    If there is a fix for mine then I'm open to all suggestions. (Telus Z10 running 10.2.1.1055

Posted via CB10
    Some work, and some don't. I personally have not seen any android apps running better than my old nexus. Well, at least you can run some more apps.
    11-18-13 02:28 PM
    Android apps are definitely running on BB10's most recent leak better than compared to earlier BB10 runtimes. But beyond that, I think any suoerior comparison to performance versus the S4 or HTC One is either psychosomatic, or blind fandom.

I've had the opportunity to compare myself. While it's a huge improvement, there's no advantage with the BB10 runtime over an S4 or comparable device. While the performance degradation from running two OS's to support Android alongside BB10 is less extreme than previous iterations, it's still there, just less noticeable and at acceptable levels.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    11-18-13 02:35 PM
    Most work pretty well, I wouldn't claim they work better than a new device in the same class as the Z10. Nor would I claim that they all work 100% - if they have in app purchases, those usually aren't going to work. The Android Runtime does seem to take longer to load than previous Runtimes and I do get me glitches (crashes or data not showing up) than previously.

I've had a number of apps that did not work, but looking around there are some tweaks that can be made to get some to work. Way to get Google Apps to work, and apps that need a OBB files are both in the threads.

No doubt this is a GREAT OS for most of us, but it is not going to impress an Android power user.
    11-18-13 02:37 PM
    Some work. Others don't. Some run on Q devices but are almost unusable without a larger screen. Many run well on Z devices. The OS needs some time to settle. Don't force close Android apps let them do their thing in the background and you will find that these apps do run as well as they would on an android device. Case in point: Netflix, Subway surfer, Google Earth. 3 very cool apps that work as well on my Q10 as they do on Android devices. I'm going to keep searching for more. Clash of clans is a good game, but map doesn't show properly on Q stopping you from playing. On a larger screen it should work perfectly. An example of a cool app that works but not very well on small Q screens. Instagram is an app everyone wants. The latest version is nice but go to snap a photo with the app and you will find yourself sideways. Same on any device. The app does not read the sensors correctly. I'm enjoying looking for cool apps but you guys want to know something funny? There are a lot of garbage apps out there for Android. I still look at BlackBerry World for new additions. Guaranteed to work.
    peppeZ30 likes this.
    11-18-13 02:40 PM
    Other than play store all apps I downloaded worked flawlessly so far.
    11-18-13 02:51 PM
    What apps have you tried? I can only speak for myself. The ones I've loaded onto my z30 have worked great, it is not under speced as you say

Sent from my Z30
    11-18-13 03:04 PM
    What apps have you tried? I can only speak for myself. The ones I've loaded onto my z30 have worked great, it is not under speced as you say

Sent from my Z30
    I asked you in your other post. How do you get the YouTube app working? I tried it the video won't load. Do you just mean a web shortcut? Or it's a playbook's YouTube app. APK doesn't work for me at all.
    11-18-13 03:09 PM
    They are slower for loading some things. For example, the "explore" page on Instagram is slow to show all the pics, the vine videos have a spinning circle for a few seconds before they play, backpage app is slow to load pics. And more
    11-18-13 03:12 PM
    I just sideloaded the Onstar RemoteLink (great app by the way) for my Z30 to pair with my bran-new Cadillac and it works GREAT!
    11-18-13 03:15 PM
    I asked you in your other post. How do you get the YouTube app working? I tried it the video won't load. Do you just mean a web shortcut? Or it's a playbook's YouTube app. APK doesn't work for me at all.
    I downloaded the YouTube app from Google play website. It's the real app with the multitasking mini view as well.

Sent from my Z30
    11-18-13 03:26 PM

Sent from my Z30
    Try vine. Compare it on your Z30. I am highly doubtful it will run well on it.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 03:27 PM
    Try vine. Compare it on your Z30. I am highly doubtful it will run well on it.

Posted via CB10
    I am expecting you to get lots and lots of lag and not be able to smoothly scroll. And if you can, please post a video of it if it actually runs well on your Z30 which I doubt it will.

Also caching videos first then demoing it won't count

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 03:28 PM
    It's a denial thing.. 10.2 was an improvement over 10.1 but still has a long ways to go before it can even be considered comparable to an android device.
    Now I haven't tried out 10.2.1 which is stated to have an even more upgraded runtime but then again, it's a denial thing sadly

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 03:31 PM
    I downloaded the YouTube app from Google play website. It's the real app with the multitasking mini view as well.

Sent from my Z30
    I'm just curious when you download from the Google Play site, do you have to give a lot of permissions?
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 03:33 PM
    I've only downloaded from 1Mobile.

Future Shop
    Home Depot
    Netflix
    The Simpsons, Tapped Out
    Canadian Tire
    Google maps v7.4.0
    Kijiji
    Shazam
    Ebay
    Paypal
    Vine
    Youtube ( with multi task window)
    4 different android app store apps
    And about 10 other random games

All work perfectly except for YouTube which has low volume and Vine with is jittery at times.

Every app I downloaded worked with the exception of 1 that requires Google Play Service which isn't in this list. I also own an S3 so I am familiar with how the apps should run.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-18-13 03:36 PM

Sent from my Z30
    Thank you. Is it a q10 problem? Shouldn't be. The app will open but the video wont load. I'll try to reload the leak to see. I almost try to load playbook's YouTube app to bb10.
    11-18-13 03:37 PM
    Ok here is how it's done. Go to Google play site, find the url of the app you want to download, then paste it here http://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/ it will generate a download link. You download it and then it will prompt you to install. It will ask you for the typical permissions android apps ask for, camera etc. Read them, if you don't agree then don't install.

Sent from my Z30
    missing_K-W and kbz1960 like this.
    11-18-13 03:38 PM
    I've only downloaded from 1Mobile.

Future Shop
    Home Depot
    Netflix
    The Simpsons, Tapped Out
    Canadian Tire
    Google maps v7.4.0
    Kijiji
    Shazam
    Ebay
    Paypal
    Vine
    Youtube
    4 different android app store apps
    And about 10 other random games

All work perfectly except for YouTube which has low volume and Vine with is jittery at times.

Every app I downloaded worked with the exception of 1 that requires Google Play Service which isn't in this list. I also own an S3 so I am familiar with how the apps should run.

Posted via CB10
    Tried safe on foods last night. It won't load. Can you try it out?
    11-18-13 03:41 PM
    Netflix works very well for me, as does Showbox. I messed around with Instagram at a friend's urging, but see no need to keep using it.The games I've loaded as well (Army of Darkness Defense, PvsZ2) run great. I did download and install Ingress at another friend's urging, but am unsure if it's worth it to play with the workaround for Google services. It is nice to be able to download directly instead of sideloading.
    11-18-13 03:42 PM
    Ok here is how it's done. Go to Google play site, find the url of the app you want to download, then paste it here APK Downloader [Latest] Download Directly | Chrome Extension v2 (Evozi Official) it will generate a download link. You download it and then it will prompt you to install. It will ask you for the typical permissions android apps ask for, camera etc. Read them, if you don't agree then don't install.

Sent from my Z30
    Yeah that's what I did. YouTube for some reason is not working. I think I have to reload the leak.
    11-18-13 03:42 PM
    I don't have an android phone to compare to, but the apps I have downloaded work good so far. My regional bank app that would never work on 10.2.0 works great on 10.2.1. That was about the only app I wanted to work and now that I have it back my z10 experience is complete. Don't care about Netflix, instagram, etc. Some of the others I have are directv, home Depot, walgreens. Redbox app would not work.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 03:46 PM
48 12