My question is when I open up and run DM, I get a message saying there is a update available for the phone, one of the update is the os.

Well I DL the latest os for my pearl, and its saved on my laptop, I have tried before to do a update but had problems. Anyways, my question is, is the DM going to use that os verison?, the one that's on my laptop?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 12:20 PM
    BlackBerry offers you a couple of choices. Let them manage the upgrade or do a manual upgrade.

If you leave to them, your BlackBerry will recieve your carriers choice of OS.

If you decide to manually upgrade, you can ignore the messages.

Check the Windows Control Panel, if there are multiple version of the OS installed, Applications Loader will use the latest. It is good practice to keep only one installed, at a time.
    07-07-09 12:24 PM
    I have only one installed on my phone, so DM is going to use the one that's one my laptop?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 12:32 PM
    That should be right, you can early verify by comparing the version numbers.

If they are different, but the package is correct, the security file may still be present, that would prevent it from being loaded. Check to make sure ...\vendor.xml is not present.
    07-07-09 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD