IS this a new update? i did my it was .08 when vzw released. but tonight i got a message via DM to update..
    07-19-09 08:48 PM
    Yes it is a new update. I received the update notification yesterday morning on my computer. According to the About Desktop Manager, BB Device Manager is version 4.7.1.11 and App Loader is version 5.0.0.18.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 09:10 PM
    One thing I noticed is that if you're doing a backup and it would normally fail, now it tells you what it couldnt backup, but still completes the backup, if that makes sense lol.
    07-20-09 06:40 AM
    07-20-09 12:32 PM
    07-20-09 12:33 PM
    Yes, it will backup everything that it can, and alert you what was not able to be backed up. For instance, when I try to backup my tour with the previous version of DM, I would get an error b/c the theme and sounds directories (which I can't clear via the advanced backup method) could not be backed up. The backup would just fail. Now with this new version of DM, it completes the backup, and a dialog box pops up and says that these 2 directories could not be retrieved/backed up. It really is an excellent feature and I am glad they implemented it. It saves you the time of going through the advanced menu and selecting all the directories (except the corrupt one) to back up. Just makes backing up your bb completely painless
    07-20-09 12:43 PM
    I ran into issues with DM 5.0.1.1, trying to remove it along with swapping hybrids on my Storm, in the end the Storm lost and so did I. Reloaded Vista on my laptop and Verizon sent me a Storm replacement, honestly its a much nicer refurb than my new unit. Funny it worked out that way, but who cares I am happy again.
    07-22-09 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD