I need to replace my USB port on my Blackberry Curve 8330. The problem is, I need the replacement part. I don't want to buy the part over the internet, so I wanted to just take it from some cheap electronic.

What electronic can I buy & where, that I can remove the port from?
    07-07-09 07:00 PM
    I don't know, but good luck with that. My dad's worked in electronics for years and was unable to repair the USB port in my 8310 when it snapped off inside it due to overuse. He said he believes it would require a special tool that he just doesn't have, because he gave up on it after several hours due to not being able to get it to connect to the motherboard in it good enough to use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 07:53 PM
    I don't know, but good luck with that. My dad's worked in electronics for years and was unable to repair the USB port in my 8310 when it snapped off inside it due to overuse. He said he believes it would require a special tool that he just doesn't have, because he gave up on it after several hours due to not being able to get it to connect to the motherboard in it good enough to use.

Isn't it just a simple soldering job?
    07-08-09 06:29 PM
    My guess is that if it was simple, her dad would have been able to do it.
    07-08-09 09:35 PM
    Maybe some Crackberrian has a broken 8330 or other model that you can take the port out of.
    If it's already broken it doesn't hurt to experiment.
    07-08-09 10:01 PM
    Get a charging dock.

07-08-09 10:15 PM
    Get a charging dock.

Too late, I already took it apart.
    07-09-09 01:25 AM
    My guess is that if it was simple, her dad would have been able to do it.
    I don't see what's so hard. You just solder it. Simple.

EDIT:

I've been reading around, and it some people have been saying that you can't fix it yourself, 'cus you need all this fancy tools and all this technical procedures and what not.

BUT
    Some people have been able to fix it themselves.
    Last edited by laminak8330; 07-09-09 at 01:35 AM.
    07-09-09 01:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD