So what does everyone think? Will this be a challenge to RIM's BES?

Divide for Android takes on BlackBerry, Sprint ID | Dialed In - CNET Blogs
    02-28-11 11:13 AM
    its interesting to see but its not a BES replacement. I am curious to see how well they do and if some big name companies latch on to test it
    02-28-11 11:24 AM
    The real question lies in the details of this product. Just how encrypted is the new parallel setup on the handset, etc.? Without this info, the concept sounds nice, but to me it reads a lot like the work/play profile changer on HTC handsets. I know I'm exaggerating a bit here with the example, but then again, CNET has never been one to write about something in complete technical detail.
    02-28-11 12:23 PM
    Good Technology is the only legitimate threat to BES I have seen/used.
    it is basically the same as BES in terms of on device security. a little lacking in policies and application management but i suspect that will be rounded out over time.
    02-28-11 01:20 PM
    A friend of mine is testing this out I believe. The Company he works for is utilizing Evo Shifts. He is really getting a negative attitude concerning the whole Android platform because his personal phone is not an Android. He complains alot about freeze ups and lenghty data transfer times. Apparently the higher ups have received alot of negative feed back but the higher ups are sticking with it due to the ability to utilize the Evo shifts e signature capabilities. He calls his work phone the EVil ****z!
    02-28-11 08:55 PM
    A friend of mine is testing this out I believe. The Company he works for is utilizing Evo Shifts. He is really getting a negative attitude concerning the whole Android platform because his personal phone is not an Android. He complains alot about freeze ups and lenghty data transfer times. Apparently the higher ups have received alot of negative feed back but the higher ups are sticking with it due to the ability to utilize the Evo shifts e signature capabilities. He calls his work phone the EVil ****z!
    That sounds like a lie being told from someone who just flat out dislikes his phone. The Shift is not slow and not known to lock up. The only time data slows on the device is when it's synching.
    03-01-11 06:58 PM
    That sounds like a lie being told from someone who just flat out dislikes his phone. The Shift is not slow and not known to lock up. The only time data slows on the device is when it's synching.
    depending on the corporate environment it could be syncing in some stupid manor, our old laptops used to be like that, I couldn't edit a document without opening a connection via VPN just to change a word on a file, everything local was view only.
    03-01-11 07:44 PM
    That has nothing to do with phone Synching.

Windows Server has policies for computers, just like Exchange/BES has policies for Phones.

If you want to edit your documents without a VPN connection, you should have contacted the IT department to ask them to relax the policy for that. Those policies stay as long as the computer is part of that domain - whether there's an active connection to the VPN or not. If your phone is on the VPN, then Exchange/SharePoint/BES will inact their own policies (provided your phone supports those technologies) and in many cases if your device/computer does not support specific policies it will not be allowed to connect to the VPN/Exchange server.

It has nothing to do with how the computer synched, and certainly nothing to do with how the phone syncs.

Data will slow down on a phone if it's synching because synching is using some of the available bandwidth. This is akin to complaining that your Netflix stream is buffering when you have two torrents going in the background on a slow-median internet connection.
    03-01-11 11:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD