By the way, thought I'd read somewhere that the BB10 devices don't have BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Is that true?

I extensively use it to both back up my device and synchronize music and other material with it and my Mac.
    01-18-14 12:01 PM
    By the way, thought I'd read somewhere that the BB10 devices don't have BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Is that true?

I extensively use it to both back up my device and synchronize music and other material with it and my Mac.
    #You are right. We mac user do have "BlackBerry Link".

In my view, it's crappy. Try put your music with covers etc. to your device. It takes hours. I hate Link. But better than nothing.
    01-18-14 12:04 PM
    I do miss the call end button and I recently read another member's suggestion to make the spacebar function as the end key EDIT: [on the Q10]. It is an interesting suggestion that I would like to see, specifically because I just don't like hunting for the onscreen call end.
    Last edited by mrskycar; 01-19-14 at 04:10 AM.
    rai187 likes this.
    01-18-14 12:05 PM
    Well the battery shouldn't be so much of a problem. Get a second one if you want to be sure.

For the 9900 - if you really want it just go ahead and buy one. If it's the phone that works for you why not? And I mean the phone really doesn't cost too much anymore so if you feel it was a bad decision afterwards you can try to sell it again or you will have a little writedown in the worst case.

Then you can wait and see what BlackBerry is coming up with in 2014 or 2015 in terms of keyboard phones and if you finally find a something that matches your needs better than a 9900 you can switch to BB10 again.

One thing I have to say though. You will definitely miss a lot of things about BB10 too if you switch to a legacy device. Just saying. Sometimes when you get used to some features you tend to forget about how much you like them.

Posted via CB10
    keypad likes this.
    01-18-14 12:05 PM
    I do miss the call end button and I recently read another member's suggestion to make the spacebar function as the end key. It is an interesting suggestion that I would like to see, specifically because I just don't like hunting for the onscreen call end.
    This is it! Some user here posted that Millions of iPhone and Android never missed the end button. Thats where I skipped reading his garbage. It is indeed not easy finding the end button. Because it is not designed to be very user friendly. because of the size. I find it to small. The "red" color isn't brightly enough. I don't know. Sometimes it works , sometimes not. Thats why I want a physical button. The virtual buttons isn't an improvement. Try this on the go in the sunlight. The buttons were rock solid. Period.

Well the battery shouldn't be so much of a problem. Get a second one if you want to be sure.

For the 9900 - if you really want it just go ahead and buy one. If it's the phone that works for you why not? And I mean the phone really doesn't cost too much anymore so if you feel it was a bad decision afterwards you can try to sell it again or you will have a little writedown in the worst case.

Then you can wait and see what BlackBerry is coming up with in 2014 or 2015 in terms of keyboard phones and if you finally find a something that matches your needs better than a 9900 you can switch to BB10 again.

One thing I have to say though. You will definitely miss a lot of things about BB10 too if you switch to a legacy device. Just saying. Sometimes when you get used to some features you tend to forget about how much you like them.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for that post. I really have to think about it! Right ow the Z30 is perfectly. BHow strange I can't be 100% satisfied. I love my apps, battery, OS, etc. But I miss the buttons.

Though the "space bar" of a Q10 would be a great solution, I could live with! Lets see!!!!!
    01-18-14 12:31 PM
    I don't see how someone can miss the END call virtual button on the Z30, it's really difficult to do that, millions of people use iPhones and Android, no one complained about missing the end call button, just saying.

Posted via CB10
    The only thing I can think of is that it used to be on the right side on legacy and the virtual is on the left.
    Just snap the virtual button to the right. I must admit I do have to take a second to look for it on my z10 as it is not where I'm thinking it will be

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 12:46 PM
    forget about the buttons, tomorrow you will realize that the red end call is big and can hang up, you must only see that is a little practice perhaps for you, had lots of persons that damage the buttons but never for me, at the beginning with my z10 i did think i was going to miss it, but NO that didn�t happen, once you get the feeling you will notice that typing on this virtual is the same or better, is better for me, is like i can pass the screen and feel like i push the key.
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    01-18-14 01:23 PM
    forget about the buttons, tomorrow you will realize that the red end call is big and can hang up, you must only see that is a little practice perhaps for you, had lots of persons that damage the buttons but never for me, at the beginning with my z10 i did think i was going to miss it, but NO that didn�t happen, once you get the feeling you will notice that typing on this virtual is the same or better, is better for me, is like i can pass the screen and feel like i push the key.
    Sorry, but if I wanted a glass slab for a phone, I'd get one from the cats who invented the thing in the first place.
    01-18-14 01:39 PM
    I had a 9930 for 3 years, No physical issues
    So it depends how well you take care of it, just like any other phones. My wife also had one for the same amount of time, and the only issue it had is that the keyboard was very wore down because she had long nails. And a keyboard replacement is a piece of cake compared to a cracked screen

Posted via CB10
    A short while ago the "s" key on my Bold 9900 started to fail to respond. Composing an email that didn't use an S was a fun-challenge for a while but eventually I bought a replacement on Amazon for �5 (about $3) and it just took 5 minutes to bring my Bold 9900 back to its former glory. To me it is a design classic. Every time I use it I'm pleased with its form, function and sheer class
    RJB55 likes this.
    01-18-14 01:52 PM
    Why don't you use the button on the headset to end the call?
    01-18-14 02:07 PM
    Sorry, but if I wanted a glass slab for a phone, I'd get one from the cats who invented the thing in the first place.
    of course you can do that i understand, as i say, if it works for you, great. hey if someone can borrow for you a z10 o z30 just for give it a try do it, you will not loose anything, but if the real keyboard is for you that is great, in my case i get surprise by the virtual keyboard for me is better than iphone
    01-18-14 02:21 PM
    Far to many advantages of the Q10/Z10/Z30 over any BBOS unit to even list. Get out your manual, learn the shortcuts, watch the You Tube tips & tricks from all over the globe, keep an eye out for new tips & tricks as the BB10 OS leaks come out at Crackberry and take a breath BB10 is only getting started.

1 year from release to the current .1925 leak is amazing, even during the ???'s about whether the company would even survive, the engineers kept pushing forward. They may have been late to the game, but they are here now.

My first BB was a 7520 and when the scroll wheel went away I thought I was done, tech evolution seems questionable at times but I'm sure BB had several dozens of very smart people come up with the current UI.

Go BB10 & Crackberry!!!
    01-18-14 02:30 PM
    Far to many advantages of the Q10/Z10/Z30 over any BBOS unit to even list. Get out your manual, learn the shortcuts, watch the You Tube tips & tricks from all over the globe, keep an eye out for new tips & tricks as the BB10 OS leaks come out at Crackberry and take a breath BB10 is only getting started.

1 year from release to the current .1925 leak is amazing, even during the ???'s about whether the company would even survive, the engineers kept pushing forward. They may have been late to the game, but they are here now.

My first BB was a 7520 and when the scroll wheel went away I thought I was done, tech evolution seems questionable at times but I'm sure BB had several dozens of very smart people come up with the current UI.

Go BB10 & Crackberry!!!
    Can these beat the magic of simplicity in ending a smile call with a button??? Don't get me wrong. I am healthy and in a good shape. But even with my former Q10 I had problems with ending the call. It was ridiculous. Thats why I am thinking about buying a Bold 9900.

The thing is BBOS 10 is a great OS. One of the best. Thats why I am confused. Just for buttons making a switch back? The Z30 is a rocker! But a Bold 9900? One of the most beautiful devices ever created. The design?? Wow! I need to think about that!
    01-18-14 02:39 PM
    There's a slight chance the OP is really M.S. That would explain the moniker too.
    01-18-14 05:20 PM
    There's a slight chance the OP is really M.S. That would explain the moniker too.
    what is MS?
    01-18-14 05:25 PM
    Hi, moved to blackberry when Z10 launched last january, and BB10 with swipe gestures was easy to use, then added a Z30 probably the best yet, i miss call/end call buttons as my old Nokia phones had, and Blackberry BBOS was the only system left to own and use, which legacy Blackberry to try? the Bold series seemed the best choice and began looking for a second hand 9900, the Track pad / buttons and touch screen are a useful combination and battery life is ok lasts me a full day and the keyboard is the best one i have used,
    as i only bought the 9900 to try and could sell it, i wanted to see how much i do without a BIS plan, calls/ text very good then the internet? down loaded Opera Mini using Wi-Fi then used it on mobile network or Wi-Fi worked brilliantly and faster than i expected, the Blackberry browser does in a limited way, E mail and certain apps/maps do not work but every thing i need and E mail / Facebook and Twitter can be accessed on the browser, apps from Blackberry world no problem, you tube works by Blackberry app or browser and despite small screen is not bad, as for build quality it's second hand from a private owner but is in as new condition not a mark on it, looks brilliant and when using the keyboard it feels just right, have decided to keep it as a backup phone, batteries and cases are still available,have ordered from Amazon, the Bold 9900 i have has worked without fault, and the BBOS 7.1 system is different and still usable in 2014 and it appears will have some support from Blackberry for a few years yet, as for buying a BBOS Blackberry why not? can be bought for a small outlay in mint condition, and is a change from touch screens.
    keypad likes this.
    01-18-14 07:25 PM
    I do miss the call end button and I recently read another member's suggestion to make the spacebar function as the end key. It is an interesting suggestion that I would like to see, specifically because I just don't like hunting for the onscreen call end.
    I don't mean to be rude or anything but, when you miss it the first 10 times ( for example) do you still hunt for it on the screen? Cause that would be weird really.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 01:25 AM
    The only thing I can think of is that it used to be on the right side on legacy and the virtual is on the left.
    Just snap the virtual button to the right. I must admit I do have to take a second to look for it on my z10 as it is not where I'm thinking it will be

Posted via CB10
    BUT after a few calls you just get used to it, I end calls without looking at my device and yes I had a legacy BlackBerry device before the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 01:26 AM
    I missed the original trackball when I got the 8900 with the atomic trackball.

Then I missed the atomic trackball when I got a 9700 with a trackpad.

Then I got a Z10 while waiting for the Q10 and realized that I *could* make do without a full keyboard.

Using the Q10, I know I will use a real keyboard as long as possible, but because I spent months with the Z10, I grew out of needing a trackpad, and quickly got up to speed with the virtual keyboard.

BlackBerry 10 is great on the Q10. I don't find that the buttons or screen size impede on the BlackBerry 10 experience whatsoever. If anything, to me, it's a lethal combination. I can do all the modern things, while still relying on the trusty qwerty keyboard. I really believe that everyone needs a Q10, even/especially Android and iPhone users. It's just a really great tool.
    Uzi likes this.
    01-19-14 03:04 AM
    I really believe that everyone needs a Q10, even/especially Android and iPhone users. It's just a really great tool.
    Why? Everyone doesn't like, need or want physical keyboards.
    01-19-14 03:17 AM
    I, too, use to miss the physical menu buttons and certain elements of BBOS. However, once you get use to the change, I don't think you'd miss it anymore. I used my 9900 for a couple of days a few weeks ago. Let's just say I'm way too comfortable with BB10 to really go back to BBOS lol.

As far as the menu buttons, I've definitely not been frustrated with not having them for quite awhile now. I know it did take many months to get use to, though.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Amy wineBerry; 01-19-14 at 03:58 AM.
    01-19-14 03:36 AM
    Why? Everyone doesn't like, need or want physical keyboards.
    Which is why they would get it in addition to their current glass screen phones........................

They might not know they like, need, or want physical keyboards.

People gave up the keyboard in favor of iPhones and Androids, partially because BBOS was so dated in comparison. BlackBerry 10 is entirely different, and the keyboard plus the Hub arguably makes it the best messaging device (for those who spend a few minutes getting to learn the Hub).
    01-19-14 03:54 AM
    BUT after a few calls you just get used to it, I end calls without looking at my device and yes I had a legacy BlackBerry device before the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps. If you make calls regularly.
    I've had the z10 since February and I still haven't got used to it. I don't make calls that often though

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 04:19 AM
    Which is why they would get it in addition to their current glass screen phones........................

They might not know they like, need, or want physical keyboards.

People gave up the keyboard in favor of iPhones and Androids, partially because BBOS was so dated in comparison. BlackBerry 10 is entirely different, and the keyboard plus the Hub arguably makes it the best messaging device (for those who spend a few minutes getting to learn the Hub).
    Actually I find in terms of communication and messaging that legacy os beats BlackBerry 10.
    BlackBerry 10 is catching up with each update but it is not there yet.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 04:21 AM
    I, too, use to miss the physical menu buttons and certain elements of BBOS. However, once you get use to the change, I don't think you'd miss it anymore. I used my 9900 for a couple of days a few weeks ago. Let's just say I'm way too comfortable with BB10 to really go back to BBOS lol.

As far as the menu buttons, I've definitely not been frustrated with not having them for quite awhile now. I know it did take many months to get use to, though.

Posted via CB10
    Ditto. I broke my Z10 screen, and had to use 9800 for a few days while I waited for my replacement to arrive. I hated it, and wondered how I used the 9800 for as long as I did.

Posted via CB10 on Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925
    01-19-14 07:19 AM
91 1234