I am sure there are any thread about this. But not with these constellations.

I do have a Z30 and I must say, it is the best phone for me. Before, I rocked a Q10. Also awesome.

Afetr 2 weeks of my Z30 I am fully happy. But it happened that I was thinking about how much I miss the keyboard. The trackball and phone buttons in general!

Right it happened to me! I was having a phone call via headset! As I wanted to hang up I had problems finding the "end" button. So I had a 3-5 second gap before hitting the virtual "end call" button. This would never happened with my Bold 9900! I really do miss it!

I found myself watching review of Bold 9900 on Youtube. Hell, even on ebay you get good ones for 100 Euro. Just for texting, calling, some internet it would be fine. But then you need a BIS payment monthly. And the OS is old and the battery is useless. But all in, I was fine with the Bold

Q10? Top phone! But still, no trackpad, BB button and End/call buttons which I find important. Also, I think BBOS 10 is better on full touch smartphones like the Z10 and Z30.

I hate that because I constantly buy new BB phones. Are there any users who used to have a Z30 who switched back to legacy devices because of the buttons??

Again, it was a dumb gap after I could finish the call. I might thinking about buying a Bold 9900 and be happy with it.

Would be nice if some users would share there story and what to do.

Thanks
    01-18-14 08:44 AM
    I never missed hit the red button to hang up

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    01-18-14 08:47 AM
    What about the buttons in general?
    01-18-14 08:50 AM
    It's quite a big virtual end call button on the Q10, I can't help think you're nit picking.
    One thing is direction buttons would be nice for the Q10 to edit.
    Disaster: I miss the buttons!-img_20140118_150026_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    sklotz2000 likes this.
    01-18-14 09:06 AM
    Buttons break. Track pads break. I've had legacy BlackBerry devices and these things do break and became harder to fix with each new generation.

Posted via CB10
    swishhh and CecilTsunami like this.
    01-18-14 09:15 AM
    I am sure there are any thread about this. But not with these constellations.

I do have a Z30 and I must say, it is the best phone for me. Before, I rocked a Q10. Also awesome.

Afetr 2 weeks of my Z30 I am fully happy. But it happened that I was thinking about how much I miss the keyboard. The trackball and phone buttons in general!

Right it happened to me! I was having a phone call via headset! As I wanted to hang up I had problems finding the "end" button. So I had a 3-5 second gap before hitting the virtual "end call" button. This would never happened with my Bold 9900! I really do miss it!

I found myself watching review of Bold 9900 on Youtube. Hell, even on ebay you get good ones for 100 Euro. Just for texting, calling, some internet it would be fine. But then you need a BIS payment monthly. And the OS is old and the battery is useless. But all in, I was fine with the Bold

Q10? Top phone! But still, no trackpad, BB button and End/call buttons which I find important. Also, I think BBOS 10 is better on full touch smartphones like the Z10 and Z30.

I hate that because I constantly buy new BB phones. Are there any users who used to have a Z30 who switched back to legacy devices because of the buttons??

Again, it was a dumb gap after I could finish the call. I might thinking about buying a Bold 9900 and be happy with it.

Would be nice if some users would share there story and what to do.

Thanks
    You've struck a chord with this one.

I bought the z10 on its release in the UK and I've stuck with it up to and including the latest leak. It's a great phone with many excellent features but I did miss the keyboard from my Bold 9900. I toyed with the idea of swapping the Z10 for a Q10 but I realised I would still be missing the trackpad BB button etc. So my solution was to buy a sim only deal for the 9900 from Giffgaff, that came with minutes, texts, data and BIS for �10 per month. It's on a different network to the Z10 so I've doubled my chances of network coverage wherever I am and with call forwarding I don't even need to carry both phones around all day. I use the Z10 on days when I'm out and about and need to be on the internet e.g. Wisepilot for satnav. On days when i don't have my laptop and i need to be using long emails/texts then I use the 9900. There's something extra about using the real keyboard and it just seems to put the final definite touch to a long email. In brief, if I'm consuming data I'll take the Z10 but if it's a day of sending data I'll take the Bold9900
    keypad likes this.
    01-18-14 09:15 AM
    Thanks for all the replies.

@inchilois. I always watch for my things. Especially tech. I really do took care of them. None of my devices ever broke. Never happened.

@Dunmanway Emar. See ? Thats what I mean. Actually I should be happy with the Z30 and thats it! But I miss the design of the Bold 9900. And these important buttons. Even when I had the Q10 and now the Z30, I missed the button. And sometimes, even when you push the button it won't end the call (See threads about this). It happened. I had to push 4 to 5 times and then the call ended.

With the Bold you have real buttons. Thats it! It is a hard decision. Since tech evolve and the Z30 meets all my needs. I can't complain! It's a luxury problem I have I guess.

I also loved the battery of the Q10! It is a work horse. But without the buttons above it�s just not 100% Blackberry. Something is missing!
    Dunmanway Emar likes this.
    01-18-14 09:24 AM
    Sounds like you want a legacy BB10 device. My torch buttons are starting to fail. Sometimes it takes a few tries to hang up using my physical button. For text selection etc. the trackpad was an awesome option to have.
    louzer and moody like this.
    01-18-14 09:33 AM

@inchilois. I always watch for my things. Especially tech. I really do took care of them. None of my devices ever broke. Never happened.
    I take care of my things too. I had an optical trackpad that didn't work when used outdoors in sunlight out of the box on a 9900. My Wife's started acting up about a year and a half into use. I had the t key on the replacement 9900 develop a stutter about a year and a half in. Trackball had to be cleaned on older devices. I've seen keyboards on 9900 fail for others and keys come off. Mechanical contacts fail and wear over time.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 09:52 AM
    I take care of my things too. I had an optical trackpad that didn't work when used outdoors in sunlight out of the box on a 9900. My Wife's started acting up about a year and a half into use. I had the t key on the replacement 9900 develop a stutter about a year and a half in. Trackball had to be cleaned on older devices. I've seen keyboards on 9900 fail for others and keys come off. Mechanical contacts fail and wear over time.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, of course. That can and will happen with the stuff we buy.

Anyway, I hope I can be calm and be happy with my Z30. But I see myself looking for some Bold 9900 in the next hours. But will it be good in 2014? Thats the question. A Q10 with the above mentioned buttons would be a dream. Decisiuons, decisions, decisions!!
    01-18-14 09:54 AM
    Buttons break. Track pads break. I've had legacy BlackBerry devices and these things do break and became harder to fix with each new generation.

Posted via CB10
    I had a 9930 for 3 years, No physical issues
    So it depends how well you take care of it, just like any other phones. My wife also had one for the same amount of time, and the only issue it had is that the keyboard was very wore down because she had long nails. And a keyboard replacement is a piece of cake compared to a cracked screen

Posted via CB10
    rai187 and LuisCast like this.
    01-18-14 09:57 AM
    Sounds like you want a legacy BB10 device. My torch buttons are starting to fail. Sometimes it takes a few tries to hang up using my physical button. For text selection etc. the trackpad was an awesome option to have.
    Apparently, Shift select is coming back in 10.2.1. You won't have the trackpad to complete your selection, but a simple drag down on the screen will do the same thing.
    kbz1960 and moody like this.
    01-18-14 09:59 AM
    Apparently, Shift select is coming back in 10.2.1. You won't have the trackpad to complete your selection, but a simple drag down on the screen will do the same thing.
    Also possible then with a Z30?
    01-18-14 10:00 AM
    I don't see how someone can miss the END call virtual button on the Z30, it's really difficult to do that, millions of people use iPhones and Android, no one complained about missing the end call button, just saying.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 10:11 AM
    Shift select is on 10.2.1.1925 and works awesome on the Z10. Wasn't aware of the feature until I saw a post from Michael Clewley a few days ago. Just hold the shift key and the text selection circle pops up. Really works great.
    moody likes this.
    01-18-14 10:12 AM
    It's already available in 10.2

Posted via CB10
    keypad likes this.
    01-18-14 10:13 AM
    So it depends how well you take care of it, just like any other phones. My wife also had one for the same amount of time, and the only issue it had is that the keyboard was very wore down because she had long nails. And a keyboard replacement is a piece of cake compared to a cracked screen

Posted via CB10
    Since the 9930 hasn't been available for three years, I don't see how this is possible. Also I do take care of them and first failure was out of box.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 10:24 AM
    Button was awesome. The hourglass and smaller screen was even better.

Posted via CB10 on Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925
    kbz1960 and mkelley65 like this.
    01-18-14 10:26 AM
    You know, honestly, maybe they should offer an option for those hard buttons on the next keyboard series. Even though it takes up real estate and would maybe require a special order process, There seems to be enough demand. I have a Windows 8.1 touchscreen laptop, and obviously still prefer to use the trackpad cursor for many functions (a fixed laptop screen isn't really meant to be used as a touchscreen anyways, but its still handy for some things).

24C28DD7
    01-18-14 10:35 AM
    Well I totally understand what you mean OP. I'm using my Q10 since the UK release and I am totally happy with it I general. I definitely want a physical keyboard so Z series was never an option.

From time to time I really miss the hardware buttons that we enjoyed on legacy devices. Also the look and the curved keyboard was just awesome. So I was thinking about buying a 9900 as a backup device. They are really cheap right now.

The reason I hesitate is just that I don't actually know the point of this. BB10 is the future of BlackBerry and OS7 is very old fashioned at times. So basically it's just the look and feel that I want. Is this reason enough to buy an older phone?

I'd love to see a legacy BB10 device. Basically a 9900 running BB10.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 11:00 AM
    My 9930 is about a year old now, and the only issue I'm getting is that I have to give the 'D' key a bit more pressure than other keys to make it work. Its a limitation with physical keys, but still - I'll take the limitations over "typing" on a glass slab.
    01-18-14 11:08 AM
    OP, if you want to swap your Q10, I still have my old 9900
    01-18-14 11:41 AM
    Well I totally understand what you mean OP. I'm using my Q10 since the UK release and I am totally happy with it I general. I definitely want a physical keyboard so Z series was never an option.

From time to time I really miss the hardware buttons that we enjoyed on legacy devices. Also the look and the curved keyboard was just awesome. So I was thinking about buying a 9900 as a backup device. They are really cheap right now.

The reason I hesitate is just that I don't actually know the point of this. BB10 is the future of BlackBerry and OS7 is very old fashioned at times. So basically it's just the look and feel that I want. Is this reason enough to buy an older phone?

I'd love to see a legacy BB10 device. Basically a 9900 running BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly! Same feeling here. Are these reasons enough to buy a Bold 9900? I have no clue.

But I loved the buttons. And why not being conservative sometimes? Again, sometimes the "end button" won't work, so you have to type 3 or 4 times, until it works. Sometimes it works perfectly.

But with the physical button I never had problems. And the BlackBerry Button, etc. It was great. And the professional look. When the Bold lies on your desk it looks great. I am sure I will thinking about it!

It's just the battery that gives me pain. But for messaging it's the best. But BB 10 is indeed the future.
    01-18-14 11:48 AM
    It's just the battery that gives me pain. But for messaging it's the best. But BB 10 is indeed the future.
    Keep seeing this, but my 9930 has always lasted a full day, and sometimes more. And I leave on wi-fi and bluetooth, and often use it as a music player.
    01-18-14 11:51 AM
    Keep seeing this, but my 9930 has always lasted a full day, and sometimes more. And I leave on wi-fi and bluetooth, and often use it as a music player.
    I loved listening to music with that device. And my Z30 is lasting also 1,5 days easily.

I don't know! I really want a Bold 9900. But the only bummer is, that I have to pay 5 Euros for the BIS plan monthly. I must see!

I may switch back to Bold 9900. I must think about this.
    01-18-14 11:58 AM
91 123 ...