I had been waiting a long time for the Passport launch (not counting the time we waited for the Z30 that never came out for sprint) and was really excited and BAM... I literally felt this way after hearing about the exclusivity with AT&T and the fact that the unlocked phones will not work with Sprint. Who feels the same frustration?

Posted via CB10
    jegs2 likes this.
    09-25-14 09:09 AM
    Everyone on VZW who is changing carriers to buy on of these.
    BBVegasGirl80 and PJD642 like this.
    09-25-14 09:17 AM
    It does seem a bit odd. I am on AT&T so it works for me but I can understand your frustration. Seems like they would want to give it as wide spread a distribution as possible.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-25-14 09:27 AM
    The issue is carriers as well as current BlackBerry market share in the us. BlackBerry's cost increases, I believe to design, manufacture, testing and approvals for phones for VZ and sprint sue to their bands etc.

When they negotiate they are looking for some minimum commitment which the carriers are not willing to give.

Case in point when iPhone first came out only att was willing. Even sprint only got the iPhone after they sold their arm, leg and all their employees first born. Apple really took them to the cleaners. And now they can't afford much of anything.

So BlackBerry has to make a business decision and they did just as the carriers did.

I am sure att wasn't willing for the Z30 and verizon was.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    09-25-14 09:30 AM
    I was super duper pissed when I heard about AT&T being exclusive.

I got 6 lines with Sprint and they're all under contract. I just can't leave Sprint....

It ain't that easy Mr. Chen. WTF??? Make something happen here; Please!!

Not Fours Years But A Lifetime
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    09-25-14 10:02 AM
    I was super duper pissed when I heard about AT&T being exclusive.

I got 6 lines with Sprint and they're all under contract. I just can't leave Sprint....

It ain't that easy Mr. Chen. WTF??? Make something happen here; Please!!

Not Fours Years But A Lifetime
    You can buy it unlocked on amazon and shopbb. So what's the issue?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-25-14 10:05 AM
    You can buy it unlocked on amazon and shopbb. So what's the issue?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Both Sprint and Verizon use a CDMA network. I think that is the issue. Unless of course BlackBerry is actually making and selling Sprint and Verizon compatible Passports. Are they?
    09-25-14 10:34 AM
    Complain to Verizon. Exclusivity basically means nobody else wanted it or wanted it at the price they were selling it
    09-25-14 10:35 AM
    Complain to Verizon. Exclusivity basically means nobody else wanted it or wanted it at the price they were selling it
    This exactly! We all seen that the Z30 was exclusive to Verizon and BlackBerry itself said nothing was preventing them from releasing the phone on other networks and that they would love for that to happen. The bottom line was no other carriers wanted to offer the phone except for Verizon.

I don't think that BlackBerry is doing an exclusive deal with AT&T here, I think it is a repeat of what happened with the Z30 and only one carry was willing to take a risk on losing money by stocking a Passport.
    09-25-14 10:43 AM
    sucks that Verizon will no have the Passport.
    Jole Bogdanovic likes this.
    09-25-14 10:59 AM
    sucks that Verizon will no have the Passport.
    http://img.pandawhale.com/post-35651...Imgur-x7b3.gif
    I'd hit it.

Disclaimer: if this post offended you in anyway, or you feel harassed, please message me and I will remove it.
    peednus and lift like this.
    09-25-14 11:01 AM
    Not sure why they did this. Could be that's all they were offered by the carriers on release.
    Others probably watching and waiting.

Either way it indicates BlackBerry is weaker and more timid.

Also shows the damaged carrier relations in one of BlackBerry 's strongest cash makers, the U.S.. Seems they couldn't get even a toe in the door with most with this offering.

Enjoy it if you find it useful and/or cool. Good specs. Great phone for You, but not most.

I, as will many, will wait or jump ship (same ol' same ol').

Sold out online is good. Maybe the one thing it will do is keep a spark going in the hardware division for now.

Having to go to AT&T or making it exclusive to any carrier is a self limiting mechanism. Simple.

Posted via Verizon Z10!
    09-25-14 11:07 AM
    I was gonna get a passport on vzw, now I'm gonna get a note 4

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 11:08 AM
    I feel the pain of the non AT&T users. We experienced the same thing when the Z30 was released smh. Which also means they also have to wait until maybe November for an OS 10.3.1 update. At least they can purchase from Amazon or shop.blackberry although I believe they are sold out on one if not both of the sites by now.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 11:09 AM
    I was also waiting for the Passport on VZW and briefly considered the Note 4. I'll keep my Z30 and wait for 10.3 while keeping an eye on other options from BlackBerry to come in the future. I might consider the Classic if Verizon carries the device. I really want a keyboard, but it must have a large screen. Oh well, back to waiting and wishing!

[URL = "bbmc:C0018C14B"] Join She, Me, Her: I am Woman[/URL] Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z30
    09-25-14 01:42 PM
    So sick of this crap from BlackBerry. First the 9810 GSM only, now again with the Passport. I'm not even talking about selling it through the carriers...we can't even buy and use the device since they refused to make it work on CDMA. Annoying to say the least.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 01:55 PM
    It's only for the first few weeks everyone else will have passports in time

Posted via Z30 from the sunny Okanagan
    09-25-14 01:59 PM
    I am on VZW so not great for me, BUT it might be a good move for BB because I would guess Chen and upper management at AT&T had conversations about the exclusive deal and store reps actually being NICE for once to people who want a BlackBerry device. I can't imagine that with an exclusive deal, AT&T will tell it's store reps "make sure you discourage people from this phone as much as possible", which is practically what it's been the last 18 months since BB10 launched.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 01:59 PM
    So sick of this crap from BlackBerry. First the 9810 GSM only, now again with the Passport. I'm not even talking about selling it through the carriers...we can't even buy and use the device since they refused to make it work on CDMA. Annoying to say the least.

Posted via CB10
    To be fair the CDMA network is kind of antiquated and aside from the big V, very few carriers use it around the world. I think it made sense for BlackBerry to avoid the expense of creating a CDMA version to reduce exposure if it's not successful, having said that if it does well I believe you'll see a version for CDMA down the road. BlackBerry just can't take another huge risk after the Z10 debacle

Posted with my Q10
    09-25-14 02:01 PM
    Were there z30 phones out their that could be used on tmo and AT&T? Maybe would have had to buy them online etc... with the passport no matter what Verizon and sprint customers do we can't get a passport that works for us.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 02:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    It isn't entirely BBRY's fault, in that they just don't have much bargaining clout. By doing this they may get some extra shelf space, extra ads, extra TV and rep time from AT&T that they would not have got from anyone had they not been exclusive. Also, BBRY saves money going with only GSM and bands that support many countries. I can't blame them for that at this point.

Having said that, a question: as long as the Passport supports the right bands, and the phone can be unlocked from AT&T, can't the phone be used on Verizon's LTE network? It won't work in weak coverage areas w/o LTE, I imagine, but I was under the impression the unlocked SIM slot means it is theoretically possible to go between AT&T and Verizon LTE networks. Anyone know?
    09-25-14 02:26 PM
    To be fair the CDMA network is kind of antiquated and aside from the big V, very few carriers use it around the world. I think it made sense for BlackBerry to avoid the expense of creating a CDMA version to reduce exposure if it's not successful, having said that if it does well I believe you'll see a version for CDMA down the road. BlackBerry just can't take another huge risk after the Z10 debacle

Posted with my Q10
    Eh that's fair. Just a little frustrating since AT&T isn't an option for me. Maybe T-MOBILE.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 02:30 PM
    Eh that's fair. Just a little frustrating since AT&T isn't an option for me. Maybe T-MOBILE.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah tmo is fine, my Q10 is fine with it. Plus I think they'll pay your ETF if you have one.

Posted with my Q10
    09-25-14 02:36 PM
    Having said that, a question: as long as the Passport supports the right bands, and the phone can be unlocked from AT&T, can't the phone be used on Verizon's LTE network? It won't work in weak coverage areas w/o LTE, I imagine, but I was under the impression the unlocked SIM slot means it is theoretically possible to go between AT&T and Verizon LTE networks. Anyone know?
    I thought I read on another forum post that you wouldn't get voice calls if you did this.
    TGR1 likes this.
    09-25-14 03:13 PM
    I am on VZW so not great for me, BUT it might be a good move for BB because I would guess Chen and upper management at AT&T had conversations about the exclusive deal and store reps actually being NICE for once to people who want a BlackBerry device. I can't imagine that with an exclusive deal, AT&T will tell it's store reps "make sure you discourage people from this phone as much as possible", which is practically what it's been the last 18 months since BB10 launched.

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't imagine that happening. Verizon had US Carrier exclusive on the Z30 and it didn't stop reps from steering customers in other directions.

I feel like AT&T found out Verizon turned down the Passport and they thought if there was anytime they could attempt a swipe at Verizon's business customers it would be with the Passport. With that said, can't see reps pushing this device onto regular consumers.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 03:54 PM
81 123 ...