Dears at BB,
    My name is Adam S, and I work in the telecom industry in Houston , Tx. As a young man, I try to supplement my income by investing in companies that I have no doubt in thier success. And seeing that I'm also canadian, I have invested my savings in BBRY.

Since the U.S launch, I have watched the smartphone retail market closely, regularly visiting stores and monitoring feedback and performance. This has not been an easy task, SINCE I HAVE NO TRUST IN THE BB REP OF THE HOUSTON AREA.

for the past 3 weeks, I have been going from one store to another, across all carriers, having to educate thier employees about the functions of the Z10. I HAVE to do this in order to protect my investment. Almost none of the carriers reps in houston and surrounding areas know about the key features of z10 ( time-shift, ability to sideload apps..etc) and today a t-mobile employee from the Galleria mall which is a high profile store said " the Z10 is a good phone, but not up to par with the Iphone 5 in terms of camera and processor speed" this information is not true and damaging to our interest.

I have spent many hours visiting stores and educating, and showing them how to sideload apps, time shift, set up accounts...etc. I do not mind since I consider myself part of BB now, but I am wondering why is this issue there to begin with, and why am I working two jobs now.

SIncerely
    Adam S.
    04-12-13 01:40 PM
    i think blackberry relies on another company to supply the representative work at the store level. sounds like they need to make that task in-house or ask the contractor to find better employees who will be motivated to drive blackberry knowledge in their markets

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-12-13 05:04 PM
    It's a new platform. It will take time. Thanks for your help.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 09:45 PM
    It's not just Houston, my friend. Here in Ohio phone stores aren't exactly "pushing" the Z10/BB10 either.
    04-12-13 09:48 PM
    I am in Houston too. I went into Best Buy Bunker Hill and pretended not to know anything about the device. The first lady that helped me was nice but knew nothing about it. She took me over to another lady that actually had a live device. I asked her if Skype was available (knowing full well it isn't) and she told me it was! This time the favor was in favor BBRY but it's not a good sign. Imagine if I bought the device and got it Home only to find no Skype. I would return the phone and have a very low view of the brand. Poor training.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 11:29 AM
    That's the problem! In the US they are not promoting the new BB! I believe that the sales in the US are in fact low for the Z10, not because the phone sucks but because they don't want to promote it! Everywhere else in the world they are doing well! In comparison the Iphone gets front row attention! Iphone has had some serious bugs and snafu's lately but they get covered up! Take for example the Imessage screw ups it has crashed 4 times in the last few months. As well as the fix one set of bugs and screw up something else fiasco LOL. If that happened to BB the media would of screwed blackberry to the wall! So the problem is someone is not doing their part promoting the product. They better fix it soon or they will be in trouble!
    04-13-13 04:45 PM