What are the disadvantages of adding my work email/contacts to my personal bb. I know I have to obtain the enterprise activation password from work and the process if fairly simple but concerned about possible privacy issues. Thanks.
    10-30-09 11:16 AM
    Do you have a blackberry given to you by your job? Or your own personal device?
    10-30-09 12:03 PM
    I have my own bb that is on my work enterprise server. Because of that, I have no restrictions for downloading whatever I want plus I get the advantage of syncing all my stuff at work. ie - emails, calendar, contacts, etc... Sure they can see my emails, I believe, but who's looking? For what? And even if they are, I really don't care. I say go for it.
    10-30-09 01:29 PM
    It really depends upon the company and their policies. They may have very restrictive IT policies. They may not. They would be able to view most of the stuff on the BB if they felt like they needed to. Rule of thumb: don't do anything on your blackberry (if hooked up to BES) that you would not do on a big screen in front of your boss and fellow employees.
    10-30-09 01:54 PM
    There is no such thing as privacy when connected to a BES. They have the ability to see everything. They can impose limitations such as preventing installation of certain apps, downloading, rendering your camera inoperable, wipe your device remotely, etc. It will no longer be your personal bb, it'll be like you're using a work bb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD