How can I disable BBM from pinging? It's been pinging me at 5am since I updated two days ago. Supposedly some channel I subscribed to I guess, but IDGAF about notifications since I don't use it. Any way to disable without uninstalling? Thanks.
    04-06-16 12:13 PM
    open BBM and check the settings. You should be able to silence everything from BBM
    04-06-16 12:19 PM
    How can I disable BBM from pinging? It's been pinging me at 5am since I updated two days ago. Supposedly some channel I subscribed to I guess, but IDGAF about notifications since I don't use it. Any way to disable without uninstalling? Thanks.
    Hello,

All you need to do is go to Settings-> Notifications-> Select the Profile you want to customise-> Customise App Notifications-> BBM Groups

In BBM Groups you will find all the Groups you've joined and you can Customise each groups Notification to your preference.

BBM Channels do not cause the sounds alerts ! Only Groups do !

Hope this helps
    04-06-16 12:22 PM
    Hello,

All you need to do is go to Settings-> Notifications-> Select the Profile you want to customise-> Customise App Notifications-> BBM Groups

In BBM Groups you will find all the Groups you've joined and you can Customise each groups Notification to your preference.

BBM Channels do not cause the sounds alerts ! Only Groups do !

Hope this helps
    The BlackBerry channel does. It happened to my girlfriend yesterday night, at 3 when we were sleeping and today to me. I thought it was my sister, but it turned out that the BlackBerry channel had an asterisk and I got a notification in hub that 2 posts were added. I left both the official BlackBerry channel and the BBM channel.

I only have 3 contacts so I can obviously rule out any groups and stuff. My gf has a Samsung and I own a Passport and I believe it's because of the latest update.

Posted via my Black Passport
    04-06-16 02:46 PM
    I don't belong to any groups, only a few channels, so yes that is what is pinging me. I don't have "Notifications" available under settings for some unholy reason. Only "vibrate on ping" and an option to change my notification profile. Thanks for trying tho.
    04-06-16 03:26 PM
    I use a Passport and here is how I got rid of the annoying notifications from BBM channel:

Click on channels > My Channels > hold down any of the channels, then you will see the option to delete or leave the channel.

I hope that helps.
    04-06-16 05:51 PM
    Use "BedTime" Mode, one of the Best features of BB10

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 07:53 PM
    Use "BedTime" Mode, one of the Best features of BB10

Posted via CB10
    Some of us have it during the day and even on non-BlackBerrry devices, so your advice, although appreciated, isn't quite relevant for this particular issue. Anyway, I've left the official BlackBerry channels, so we'll see if it does happen again.

Posted via my Black Passport
    04-07-16 03:18 AM
    Suddenly got those channel pings too.... never joined the BBM channel myself.

So next to shop-notifications in BBM and possible future adds in chats I now got pings I don't need. Well I guess BBM still rules and whatsapp sucks...as it is BBM, and can't do anything wrong.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 03:56 AM