Guys,
    I just got my new Curve and was wondering if there was a way to disable the keypad keys when the phone is locked in my pocket?

Here's the problem, I have to keep my phone in my pocket for phone safety but when I get a call and if I am walking around (always), The slightest movement presses the keypad and cancels the ringer and I miss the call.

I have looked all over the phone and cant find anything

Thanks for any help in advance,
    John
    07-06-10 09:35 AM
    Is putting it in a holster out of the question? They keys can't be disabled as far as I know and the holster may be the best option unless you don't like it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-10 09:43 AM
    I will second the holster. Just put it in the holster and then in your pocket if needed.
    07-06-10 09:49 AM
    Which bb do you have? Mine has a lock button on top and it locks the keyboard and there is also a key combination that will lock it.

I also put mine in my pocket but have a pocket pouch and think that has been saving my trackball from having problems.
    07-06-10 10:04 AM
    Left top, press and hold for a second. Puts it into standby mode. All notifications are still active and disables key function.

07-06-10 10:14 AM
    Top left locks mine but keys still work to bring up the lock screen. I just found out my top right isn't working lol. Can you tell how much I use that?

07-06-10 10:18 AM
    That's right, some of the Curves standby function got omitted with the latest OS update. Don't know what to tell you.

07-06-10 11:44 AM
    ... I just found out my top right isn't working lol. Can you tell how much I use that?
    Top right no longer puts device in standby. Now it only mutes calls.
    07-06-10 12:34 PM
    Using AddonIs will put your phon einto either lock or Standby Mode automatically. Standby Mode is better since the keyboard gets locked and the CPU gets shut down so you save battery.

Use the holster that came with the phone.

I do both AddonIs and the holster.
    07-06-10 12:45 PM
    Now it only mutes calls.
    And pauses music and video.
    07-06-10 01:09 PM
    Good to know.
    Thx

07-06-10 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD