I have the unlimited email and pinning phone plan but don�t have any data Services.

I have a pay per use data.

I rather use Wi Fi but it seems that I am still getting charged pay per use. Is there a way to turn of pay per use data but still able to use Pinning services and email services?

BTW its an 8900 with Rogers
    Thanks
    04-27-09 11:18 AM
    Our friends at Rogers are not making this easy for us.

After years of denying unlimited anything, they are now on board with an unlimited BlackBerry plan. The catch is, it does not include data for Browsing or third party applications.

You are in good shape, your 8900 should have a UMA connection when you are in a Wifi hotspot. The trick is, set your default Browser to Hotspot with:

Options / Advanced Options / Browser.

Open your Browser and confirm you are using the Hotspot Browser.

Browser Options / Browser Configuration.

You will notice, if you move out of range of your Wifi signal, you will get page failed to load error message. That is positive confirmation you are not being charged for data.
    04-27-09 11:43 AM
    Unlimited Email on BlackBerry $15 Plan

You can add Unlimited E-mail on BlackBerry to your Rogers Voice Rate Plan.

For $15 per month (added to your voice plan), personal email on BlackBerry provides you with the following:
    support for up to 10 personal email accounts (Rogers Yahoo!, Yahoo mail!, Google Gmail, MSN, Hotmail, AOL, or pop3/imap account through your internet service provider)
    unlimited�� number of emails sent/received/forwarded
    real time delivery of email messages for for Rogers Yahoo! (@rogers.com), Yahoo! Mail, or Google Gmail accounts�
    attachment viewing (pictures, sound files, word, excel, powerpoint, and adobe pdf)
    BlackBerry messenger (unlimited instant messaging with other BlackBerry contacts)
    existing BlackBerry device customer, register or sign in to rogers.com, select "manage my wireless services", select "update my wireless essentials" and add "personal email on BlackBerry" from the individual essentials list.
    If you want to use your BlackBerry for more than just personal email, then you will be interested in a BlackBerry data plan or BlackBerry voice & data plan package.

fine print: $5 / MB for the 1st 5MB and then $0.03 ...
    You can upgrade to a full plan with 500 Mb for an additional $10.

If you use data, your minimum cost will be $5.00, 11 Mb of data would be $5.30.
    04-27-09 11:59 AM
    Hi, I have a similar problem with a twist. I have a US T-Mobile package that provide me unlimited web and email while in the US, and worldwide unlimited emails through my blackberry but no internet data (or any online data through other applications such as facebook, twitter, etc) while traveling overseas.

I would like to find a way in setting where I can restrict the phone from trying to access internet without stopping my emails while traveling.

Using Blackberry 9780

thank you,

Ali
    04-27-11 06:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD