http://i.imgur.com/oPWXJ3L.png

On the gps option, there are no Location off shoice. Only e911 and location ON.
    Im not sure if the e911 means to turn it off. But i can still see the latitude and longitude of my gps.
    im just concerned about the battery life if the gps is always on.
    04-06-14 02:22 AM
    Settings, Device, Locations Settings, Location Settings to turn GPS off.
    stlabrat likes this.
    04-06-14 10:35 AM
    I already said theres no location off option
    04-06-14 08:59 PM
    I have mine off. Don't know why yours won't switch off.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 10:45 PM
    I have mine off. Don't know why yours won't switch off.

Posted via CB10
    They said all verizon 9930 phones doesnt have location off but e911 option. which means its turned off. Which i can confirm that it is turned off cause it wont find the location when i choose e911.

But the gps icon is showing on the home screen http://i.imgur.com/oPWXJ3L.png

is that normal? When u turn off ur gps, does that icon show?
    04-06-14 11:52 PM
    They said all verizon 9930 phones doesnt have location off but e911 option. which means its turned off. Which i can confirm that it is turned off cause it wont find the location when i choose e911.

But the gps icon is showing on the home screen http://i.imgur.com/oPWXJ3L.png

is that normal? When u turn off ur gps, does that icon show?
    Doesn't seem normal unless Verizon has it enabled so that they can keep tabs on the device. Try a wipe and reload but remember to back up your files. See if that works. Also revise what applications you have that would require Location services.Also note that Federal law requires the e911 service remains active it can't be deactivated but you are supposed to have the option to disable the GPS service on the same page you find the e911 switch it's supposed to be seen just above the e911 toggle. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 04-07-14 at 11:25 AM.
    04-07-14 10:55 AM
    Doesn't seem normal unless Verizon has it enabled so that they can keep tabs on the device. Try a wipe and reload but remember to back up your files. See if that works. Also revise what applications you have that would require Location services.Also note that Federal law requires the e911 service remains active it can't be deactivated but you are supposed to have the option to disable the GPS service on the same page you find the e911 switch it's supposed to be seen just above the e911 toggle. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    What do you mean wipe? Security wipe? Doesnt that remove contacts and applications? So the gps icon means the gps is on? But if i try to go to a gps app with the e911 option is selected, the location isnt found but if i change it to location on, it can find the location.
    04-07-14 08:34 PM
    What do you mean wipe? Security wipe? Doesnt that remove contacts and applications? So the gps icon means the gps is on? But if i try to go to a gps app with the e911 option is selected, the location isnt found but if i change it to location on, it can find the location.
    A reload of the OS. Yes you need to back up your device before you attempt this it will save your contacts etc for reinstalling after. If the GPS icon is on it means your GPS is activated. On Verizon devices you are supposed to have a toggle above the e911 toggle to enable GPS if you aren't seeing any there it's odd. Before attempting this again verify if you have any apps that have somehow activated your GPS remotely.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 08:41 PM
    A reload of the OS. Yes you need to back up your device before you attempt this it will save your contacts etc for reinstalling after. If the GPS icon is on it means your GPS is activated. On Verizon devices you are supposed to have a toggle above the e911 toggle to enable GPS if you aren't seeing any there it's odd. Before attempting this again verify if you have any apps that have somehow activated your GPS remotely.

Posted via CB10
    There is a toggle to enable gps! Above the e911. e911 only AND location on.
    How do you reload an os? Is it risky? Cause i dont wanna mess up and it that gps icon just bothers me cause im afraid it uses up battery.
    04-07-14 09:06 PM
    OK, I'm sorry, I was going by memory because I no longer have a BB7 device.

Leaving your device on e911 is essentially equal to turning it off. It simply allows for emergency services.

The battery consumed is negligible.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    04-08-14 05:51 AM