I have BB Curve 8310 that I use for both work (through my company's BES) and personal email. Does anyone know a way that I can turn off my BES email on the weekends? I really like to "leave work at work" on the weekends but it is hard when work emails get to the device. I searched the forums but could not find anything.

Thanks in advance.
    08-25-08 02:46 PM
    I don't think you can. My understanding is that if your BB is connected to a BES server, *everything* goes through BES - your mail, your internet, and everything. I think the only way to stop that would be to disable your data services, but then you wouldn't have access to your personal stuff, either.
    08-25-08 03:31 PM
    This method requires a little bit of will power but create a new profile where you dont get alerted for work related messages and when you go through your messages inbox dont read the work emails.
    08-25-08 03:37 PM
    I don't think you can. My understanding is that if your BB is connected to a BES server, *everything* goes through BES - your mail, your internet, and everything.
    Not necessarily. I'm sure the BES admin could, using an IT policy, make it that way, that is not always the case.

On my company-owned curve, I get my work email and PIM info through the BES. I also have BIS for my personal and blackberry.net emails.

In the browser, I can choose between the "company browser" (behind the firewall) or "internet browser".

I don't think there is any way to shut off the BES activity only.
    08-25-08 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD