Just imagine if you could have Outlook the program on your phone....

Would you buy a device that could give you that?
    Yes. Which is why Win Phone 8 is a leading contender for me. Once it's out and I can see what they actually deliver including relability, ecosystem, etc. Kind of like BB10 <g>. Oh, this will be an interesting fallwinter in smartphone-land! It's like a chess game where each player slowly builds their position until you can feel the tension as each line pushes against the other - and both sides are holding their breath waiting for the other to either make the first offensive move or make a mistake.

Exciting times!

- R.
    07-30-12 12:10 PM
    We'll have to agree to disagree this is going nowhere fast. Kies is not 3rd party software it's written by Samsung (you may have heard of them the largest seller of smart phones in the world) for Samsung phones and works as perfectly well on my Galaxy Note as DM work on my 9810. So now you "heard" differently.
    Android is written by Google. To me, native = OS/app developer, not hardware manufacturer. Given the Calendar/Contact/Task app is written by Google, I want the sync to be from them as well.

As for Kies, here's a quick example of what I've been reading :
    Samsung Galaxy S - Kies unable to sync with outlook after updates Kind of reminds me of my experiences with Rim's Desktop Manager!

And sorry, please don't take this personally. I wish this was easier/simpler/more reliable. I'd be rocking a Galaxy S3 today.

- R.
    07-30-12 12:15 PM
    Yes. Which is why Win Phone 8 is a leading contender for me. Once it's out and I can see what they actually deliver including relability, ecosystem, etc. Kind of like BB10 <g>. Oh, this will be an interesting fallwinter in smartphone-land! It's like a chess game where each player slowly builds their position until you can feel the tension as each line pushes against the other - and both sides are holding their breath waiting for the other to either make the first offensive move or make a mistake.

Exciting times!

- R.
    I don't expect anything new from Android or Apple, but Windows and BlackBerry are going to be quite different from what we see today.

RIM hasn't talked too much about what they are going to really have that is special about BB10 (at least I hope the little they have said is not the Big Stuff). But the more I hear about WP8 the more excited I get about it.
    07-30-12 02:51 PM
    I don't expect anything new from Android or Apple, but Windows and BlackBerry are going to be quite different from what we see today.

RIM hasn't talked too much about what they are going to really have that is special about BB10 (at least I hope the little they have said is not the Big Stuff). But the more I hear about WP8 the more excited I get about it.
    Especially with the new Surface tablets coming out, running full Windows. If they can pull that off well, and manage some level of integration or cooperation between Windows on tablet, phone and desktop, that could be a huge game changer. Then again, they could simply deliver ME or Vista all over again. And the Intel-based Surface tablets are coming out in the same time frame as BB10. Early new year will be an exciting time!

- R.
    07-30-12 03:20 PM
    isn't desktop sync going away completely with the next version of outlook?
    07-30-12 04:09 PM
    I have not seen that mentioned anywhere for the upcoming Outlook 2013.
    07-30-12 07:00 PM
    Please show me some links?

Desktop sync is still very heavily used, that would be a reason for me to not upgrade to Office 13 for all of my machines if desktop Sync was gone

I've never seen a survey asking about desktop sync either, and the removal of it would likely have been asked about via a survey
    07-30-12 07:59 PM
    Please show me some links?

Desktop sync is still very heavily used, that would be a reason for me to not upgrade to Office 13 for all of my machines if desktop Sync was gone

I've never seen a survey asking about desktop sync either, and the removal of it would likely have been asked about via a survey
    deRusett - just as an FYI, I've upgraded to Outlook 2013 and can still sync my Bold 9900 with Outlook via DM as before, on Windows 8 64-bit.

Hopefully BB10 will continue the full Outlook sync tradition. I've not seen any other solution that I'm comfortable with on any other platform.
    12-04-12 10:16 AM
    I could not agree more. If BB10 isn't able to sync with Outlook without having to fire up desktop manager, then I'm done with my BB.
    12-30-12 01:03 PM
    I see you folks have been talking about the most important aspect of keeping my BB besides the physical keyboard, thank you for bringing this up. Use Outlook on my personal work PC to run my business on and sync via USB. Works great (except lately any Calendar event older than 30 days is being deleted, but at least Calendar is now syncing again on this latest version of BB Desktop). But equally important is preserving my Outlook Categories, all of them, which for reasons I will never understand have been completely ignored by iOS and Android. I get into discussions all the time about this. "My iPhone syncs with Outlook". Yes it does, but not COMPLETELY. With over 2,000 Contacts, all painstakingly categorized using a code system I came up with to keep things straight, without any way to filter them on my phone would put me out of business! Considering my next upgrade is due in February I've been waiting to see what RIM's latest offering will have for us. Better user experience sounds great - BUT - I'm not willing to give up the useability I now have. Can't afford to, and it's surprising to me there's no word of this functionality from RIM through all the hoopla they've been generating lately. So depending on what BB 10 has to offer I've also started looking at QWERTY Key 'Droids and add DejaOffice or VCOrganizer as an option since Google copied the wrong Smartphone when they created the Android OS and it won't completely sync with Outlook natively.
    01-17-13 01:46 PM
    This may shed a bit of light on what's coming :

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...er-app-761581/

- R.
    01-17-13 03:13 PM
    We have MS Exchange Server, and since we still use BIS for our BB's, they are the only devices that require special care for Outlook syncing (either Dm-USB or OTA through Accelerator which is a 3rd Party App. Androids and Iphones sync with Outlook. My 9900 handles 5 separate email accounts in rock solid fashion so I'm not complaining. The 3rd Party App sync actually causes more trouble for Outlook on my PC than on the 9900, but it is an aggravation I could learn to live without.
    01-17-13 05:15 PM
    01-22-13 01:19 PM
    I was told that the new connections for bb/10/Outlook will be released in the next couple of weeks.
    Then we can all be happy!
    03-02-13 06:01 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD