Now that we are able to download Android apps directly to our phones thanks to 10.2.1.1055 leak will this ultimately crush native BB10 app development when official OS is released? I was wondering about this as today we have two games released Pacman and Galaga at 3 and 4 dollars respectively. But you can hop on to 1mobile market or any other Android app store and download them for free. What does the crackberry nation have to say about this?

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 11:18 AM
    The paid versions have no ads the free ones do. It's yours choice

Posted from my 295ppi super amoled s stripe 720p Z30
    11-16-13 11:29 AM
    I actually agree with OP. The guys that were making BB10 native clients of Instagram, snapchat, vine, etc, all have worked for next to nothing - the majority of the big name applications are here, and very easily.

It WOULD be nice if people who wanted those apps would pony up and support the teams who took their time, but I am not real sure I foresee it.
    11-16-13 11:51 AM
    What folks seem to forget is, as easy as this new method is for us power users who frequent Crackberry and other sites, the other 90% of the population still don't do it.

If you aren't a forum member, like my wife, my mother, my brother, countless amounts of my colleagues.. you check BlackBerry World, and if it'd not there it's not there. This changes nothing for them. They won't even know about it.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder and mnc76 like this.
    11-16-13 11:54 AM
    The paid versions have no ads the free ones do. It's yours choice

Posted from my 295ppi super amoled s stripe 720p Z30
    The bigger point he raised is, will devs stop trying to build native BB app versions, since they don't have to do any work, (or officially support) if the Android version can be run easily.

Since native apps almost always look and run better, this would be a big negative if it were to go that way.
    bekkay and Poirots Progeny like this.
    11-16-13 11:55 AM
    What folks seem to forget is, as easy as this new method is for us power users who frequent Crackberry and other sites, the other 90% of the population still don't do it.

If you aren't a forum member, like my wife, my mother, my brother, countless amounts of my colleagues.. you check BlackBerry World, and if it'd not there it's not there. This changes nothing for them. They won't even know about it.

Posted via CB10
    Unless when official release comes and it includes an android app store preloaded with update or blackberry could very easily create an android app world?

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 05:18 PM
    The bigger point he raised is, will devs stop trying to build native BB app versions, since they don't have to do any work, (or officially support) if the Android version can be run easily.

Since native apps almost always look and run better, this would be a big negative if it were to go that way.
    People can't readily access this method of getting apps. Unless if they were on crackberry and whatnot.

Also if an application has many people sideloading it. The developer has customers on another platform that they can either serve or disregard.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 09:53 PM
    I actually agree with OP. The guys that were making BB10 native clients of Instagram, snapchat, vine, etc, all have worked for next to nothing - the majority of the big name applications are here, and very easily.

It WOULD be nice if people who wanted those apps would pony up and support the teams who took their time, but I am not real sure I foresee it.
    I'll download a Native before an Android.

BlackBerry Bold 9900; Q10; Z10 [BBM#6]
    mnc76 likes this.
    11-17-13 04:34 AM
    I'll download a Native before an Android.

BlackBerry Bold 9900; Q10; Z10 [BBM#6]
    Me too, plus android apps run on the background

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 04:43 AM