I have just acquired a blackberry playbook that is not covered under warranty. I was thinking or using dingleberry so that I can wipe the os and install an android os. I use an android smart phone and prefer the variety of apps that are in the play store. I was wondering if I can still use the bb apps that I have, or would I have to fully commit to switching to android apps?? The answers I get will greatly effect my decision.

Thanks!
    10-24-12 08:24 PM
    First you need to do a bit more research..... RIM Bootloader is encrypted in such a way you cannot root the device for another OS.... This is very well documented and easy to find by looking at what dingleberry actually does. Unlike rooting a device like HP Touchpad and dual booting to Android all dingleberry does is allow access to permissions in the OS you would not normaly get.... Pretty useless as it is a pain to get your PB back to an OS that can actually be hacked. Even then the hack is really unstable and Android compatabiltiy is no better than in the Andrioid Player in the current version... depending on your OS version you may or may not get access to Google Market...... The only advantage I found is you can install native APK files without converting them to bar files and sideloading them...... If you do not understand what I just wrote... you have a steep learning curve ahead of you....If Android is so important to you I might suggest you seel you Playbook and pick up a cheap Android Tab......
    10-24-12 09:18 PM