I have a bold 9650, i wanted to downgrade to the tour 9630 just because i miss the same old track ball i grew up on. I wanted to know if this is a smart move I'm doing. ?

Your opinions matter. lol
    05-03-11 09:41 PM
    Always best to try and search the site before starting a new thread...

Have a look at this link... BlackBerry Bold 9650 Quick Review and Comparison to Tour 9630 and Bold 9700 | CrackBerry.com

essentially the bold has twice as much RAM, so it would be a downgrade indeed... Personally i would prefer a faster performing device over the trackball, but depending on what you use your device for, really....... the only person who can make this decision is you...
    always_On_point likes this.
    05-03-11 10:09 PM
    I had a track ball with my Bold and now have track pad with my Torch and I love my track pad. It's actually smoother and quicker, but still very precise. You'll get use to the track pad really quick. I was like you when I switched my phones, but now I don't miss the trackball at all.
    05-03-11 10:13 PM
    I like OS 6 much better. I can't go back to 5.
    05-03-11 11:31 PM
    I wouldn't do it. The trackball on the 9630 was so troublesome, and the hardware on the 9650 is a little bit better and able to run OS6.
    05-03-11 11:38 PM
    Plus, on the 9630, there was an issue with app space in that at some point, it always seemed like trying to add an app caused a software reload error.
    05-04-11 07:50 AM
    Yes there are have been many tours with trackball problems and trackballs are more prone to dirt etc. messing it up too. With that said the bold also has wifi, tour does not but I've not had any trackball trouble with mine but that seems to be the exception around here.
    05-04-11 07:59 AM
    9630's trackball is it's Achilles heal. Worst trackball design of all the Blackberry's and prone to fail. They had so many replacements because of failed trackballs it wasn't even funny. I would suggest staying away from the Tour. I'd just try to get used to the trackpad or wait for the the touchscreen devices to come out, because the trackball is dead and their probably won't be another berry with them ever.
    05-04-11 08:35 AM
    I'd stay away from the 9630. Discontinued now and I'm sure that as the apps develop and especially with 7.0 coming out, you'd be better off with the 9650. I have the 9650 but a little slow for me I find (switching between tabs in the browser or applications).
    05-04-11 09:38 PM
    I'd stick with the Bold 9650.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-11 10:03 PM
    Go with the tour, and if you have any problems with it call your carrier and get a refurbished bold... Then you could sell one on ebay and wait for the bold touch to come out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-11 06:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD