I ordered my Z10 last Wednesday, June 4th, from ShopBlackberry.com and paid extra for overnight shipping. Thinking I would have it by Friday, June 6th or Saturday June 7th, latest.

It's not officially Tuesday, June 10th and no phone.

According to Digital Crapstream, the phone shipped on June 5th but ---- OOOPS! ---- they sent it "SmartPost" (FedEx + USPS) and not overnight!

I'm not an ***** so I immediately tried to refuse delivery with FedEx; shoot! The package is already at the USPS which, really, should just stop trying at this point.

So I've filed a dispute with Amex (now there's some real customer service!) and logged a complaint with the BBB.

Checking here, I see that many others have been duped into paying more for priority shipping only to have it delayed on "accident" by Blackberry's friends at Digital River.

Really crap and making me reconsider sticking with Blackberry....
    06-09-14 11:05 PM
    I ordered my Z10 last Wednesday, June 4th, from ShopBlackberry.com and paid extra for overnight shipping. Thinking I would have it by Friday, June 6th or Saturday June 7th, latest.

According to Digital Crapstream, the phone shipped on June 5th but ---- OOOPS! ---- they sent it "SmartPost" (FedEx + USPS) and not overnight!

I'm not an ***** so I immediately tried to refuse delivery with FedEx; shoot! The package is already at the USPS which, really, should just stop trying at this point.

So I've filed a dispute with Amex (now there's some real customer service!) and logged a complaint with the BBB.

Checking here, I see that many others have been duped into paying more for priority shipping only to have it delayed on "accident" by Blackberry's friends at Digital River.

Why hate BlackBerry? Hate DigitalRiver!
    06-09-14 11:12 PM
    I do hate DR, but Blackberry is also to blame for using such a dishonest company.

(Search the forum for many more examples)....
    milo53 and Jovian Minguez like this.
    06-09-14 11:35 PM
    I can't understand why DR can't get their shipping department straighten up.

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    06-09-14 11:39 PM
    I called this support #877-552-5532 at Blackberry and let them know what is going on with Digital River. The customer service agent was very professional. She tried to give me DR phone number and I explained the trouble with DR not returning calls or contact. The BB agent then advised me that they would be handling the matter on their side.
    06-10-14 12:42 AM
    Digital river should stick to delivering Microsoft Store orders.

I guess this is why BlackBerry's dumping them.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-14 01:40 AM

How many posts are you going to make about this in 1 day?

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.3139
    KDB84, habs_fan and bungaboy like this.
    06-10-14 01:50 AM
    Just another data point:
    7/20/2014: ordered an Z10 from shopblackberry.com
    7/27/2014: still nothing, not even a shipping notification email

Of course I call in between, but (not surprisingly) no help can the customer service provide. "You just have to wait." is all they can say to me.
    07-27-14 02:51 PM
    1. File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau:
    Digital River, Inc. Business Review in Minnetonka, MN - Minnesota and North Dakota BBB

2. File a complaint with your credit card.

3. Call Blackberry customer support and file a complaint. The toll free number should be provided further up in this thread.

After all of that, I received my Z10 for free (full refund), albeit a week after I paid for it to be delivered.
    07-27-14 03:47 PM
    They should turn the product over to Amazon. Why they still use DR is beyond me. The online store is the only way to buy some BlackBerry devices in the US, and they have handed the fulfillment over to a third rate business that only further tarnishes the BlackBerry brand with every screwed up order.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    07-27-14 04:43 PM
    They should turn the product over to Amazon. Why they still use DR is beyond me. The online store is the only way to buy some BlackBerry devices in the US, and they have handed the fulfillment over to a third rate business that only further tarnishes the BlackBerry brand with every screwed up order.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    Yeah, it seems this has been an issue for some time. Chen needs to end that arrangement. Because you're right, the cost to BlackBerry's reputation is quite serious.
    07-27-14 05:11 PM
    And yet I had zero problems.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 07:11 PM
    I got mine next day in PA USA and I even ordered mine late in the day. Hmmmm

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 07:32 PM
    I agree I have been scammed multiple times for multiple reasons by digital river. They cannot be trusted
    Jovian Minguez likes this.
    07-27-14 07:35 PM
    You are lucky to receive your order in 2 days. I live in PA as well, still nothing after 7 days. Another patten I noticed, but I am not sure if it is just a coincidence. I used the online inquiry system twice, and received responses twice:
    1st inquiry on 7/23, received email saying my order restocks (estimated) on 7/23.
    2nd inquiry on 7/27, received email saying my order restocks (estimated) on 7/27.

I am going to try the online inquiry system again today (7/28) to see if I get the same restocking date.

EDIT:
    OMG, I replied the 2nd message yesterday, and today (7/28), I received email saying my order restocks (estimated) on 7/28!
    It must be a robot behind their computer that I am talking to.
    Last edited by hofozone; 07-28-14 at 09:56 AM.
    07-28-14 09:37 AM
    Damn, I do feel lucky. Here I thought they were awesome and would buy again. Hmmm

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 06:10 PM
    What are you trying to order??

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 06:10 PM
    I have a like new Z30 for sale 9.9 condition. If you are interested

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 06:11 PM
    I debated between Z10 (size) and Z30 (battery) for a long time, and finally decided to go with a Z10. If the order is not shipped by tomorrow, I am going to cancel my order, and stick to my android for a while, or for a long time, until DR is not in the game any more.
    07-28-14 08:42 PM
    They suck. Had issues getting my z30

G's Z30
    07-28-14 08:49 PM
    I debated between Z10 (size) and Z30 (battery) for a long time, and finally decided to go with a Z10. If the order is not shipped by tomorrow, I am going to cancel my order, and stick to my android for a while, or for a long time, until DR is not in the game any more.
    They're so bad. You should have gotten the Z30! It's so worth the extra money.

Digital River makes me dread ever buying a phone from BlackBerry directly, which is unfortunate because my carrier, T-Mobile USA, isn't allowed to sell BlackBerry phones anymore.
    07-28-14 11:57 PM
    I've tried to order a white z30 3 times now and still nothing. They keep declining my order but not providing a reason. Nothing wrong with my cc, I even tried paying with PayPal. This is ridiculous. I'm in Canada, BlackBerry is 1 hour away from me. It shouldn't be this difficult to buy a phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 07:25 AM
    I've tried to order a white z30 3 times now and still nothing. They keep declining my order but not providing a reason. Nothing wrong with my cc, I even tried paying with PayPal. This is ridiculous. I'm in Canada, BlackBerry is 1 hour away from me. It shouldn't be this difficult to buy a phone.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe Crackberry should sell the phones.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 08:44 AM
    I'm a little surprised BlackBerry is still dealing with Digital River. They were horrible to deal with years ago when I had to go through them for developer promotions and devices. I always kinda thought they just sucked so bad because I wasn't a real customer and hadn't paid for anything. I feel for ya OP.
    07-29-14 09:49 AM
    I just cancelled (hopefully) my order.
    07-29-14 11:01 AM
46 12