So I had some one who purchased the storm had portuguse on her Blackberry Verizon Storm does anyone know how to get it on there?plzzzz let me know!!!
    12-10-08 09:33 PM
    i have NO IDEA how to do this but i have read you can custom build it into your os. i have wanted to change the language on my 8330 since i got it but can't figure out how to. i'm just not geek enough
    12-11-08 06:39 PM
    I can help with other than English languages on the BlackBerry. Check the website in my signature block.
    12-11-08 07:18 PM
    I can help with other than English languages on the BlackBerry. Check the website in my signature block.
    i don't care about ability to read i want to change my input language from US english to UK english, it was an option on my vzw pearl but isn't on my vzw curve! it drives me nuts!
    12-11-08 10:38 PM
    So I had some one who purchased the storm had portuguse on her Blackberry Verizon Storm does anyone know how to get it on there?plzzzz let me know!!!
    If you can find the correct OS build it is simply a matter of updating your software. I don't see _pt as a language identifier in the 95xx software I have downloaded here but I'm sure it exists, or will exist very soon.
    12-12-08 01:14 PM
    yea that website you posted doesn't have portuguese
    12-17-08 10:20 PM
    try posting this in the storm forum, you will probably get more information
    12-18-08 04:01 AM
    If you can find the correct OS build it is simply a matter of updating your software. I don't see _pt as a language identifier in the 95xx software I have downloaded here but I'm sure it exists, or will exist very soon.
    Really! That is surprising. However there may be two variants of the language. European/ Portugal and South American / Brasil. My cleaning lady is here right nw and she is Portugese and confirms that there really are two variants. From the 8310 4.5.0.110 there are files like this net_rim_bb_crypto_resource__pt.cod and net_rim_bb_crypto_resource__pt_BR.cod. These files are also present in v4.6.1.94 for the 8900. This makes it seem as if they simply forgot to put these in with a couple of 95xx releases.
    12-18-08 06:15 AM
    Really! That is surprising. However there may be two variants of the language. European/ Portugal and South American / Brasil. My cleaning lady is here right nw and she is Portugese and confirms that there really are two variants. From the 8310 4.5.0.110 there are files like this net_rim_bb_crypto_resource__pt.cod and net_rim_bb_crypto_resource__pt_BR.cod. These files are also present in v4.6.1.94 for the 8900. This makes it seem as if they simply forgot to put these in with a couple of 95xx releases.
    European and Brazilian Portuguese is a little more distanced than European and Latin American Spanish, but not by much. Some of it is in how certain suffixes are attached, but most of it is in vocabulary, and most of that is for words that have been created since the separation between Brazil and Portugal, after the Portuguese Royal Court returned to Lisbon.

But, for example, I know two people, one who was born in Cape Verde and the other who was born in So Tom and both moved to Lisbon as children and both can have perfectly intelligible conversations with a Brazilian I know.

So I think that it should be fine in either edition.
    12-18-08 09:07 AM
    i don't care about ability to read i want to change my input language from US english to UK english, it was an option on my vzw pearl but isn't on my vzw curve! it drives me nuts!
    That is what I am looking for. I hate having to fight with the spell check on my BB when I am typing out emails.
    12-18-08 09:52 AM
    yea i just want a link that i can upload on my blackberry and boom instant portuguese (Brasil) and if possible the feature they have in brasil that if someone textes you in english it gets sent to you in portuguese...o0o that would be awesome
    12-30-08 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD