I currently have a Tour on Verizion. I love my tour, but like to try a new phone, I want a Style, or Torch,,,,,,,,,alas, none on Verizion. Can I get one of these phones and unlock it and use it on Verizion.
    Thanks
    07-04-11 04:14 PM
    I'm not sure if you can do that with the Style (pretty sure you can't), but I know that you can't unlock a Torch for Verizon. The Torch is on AT&T which is a GSM carrier and therefor cannot be used on a CDMA carrier.
    07-04-11 04:21 PM
    Based upon everything I've read, no. Torch's radio is incompatible with Verizon's (and Sprint's) network, and Style is a Sprint device; Verizon won't activate it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-11 04:22 PM
    I wonder if you had a factory unlocked, un branded style if Vzw would activate it then.

07-04-11 04:53 PM
    Verizon (for the most part) will not allow devices branded to other networks to be activated on their network.

And you definitely cannot use the Torch as it is a GSM only device.
    07-04-11 05:10 PM
    I wonder if you had a factory unlocked, un branded style if Vzw would activate it then.

Do they make one?

07-04-11 05:43 PM
    Short answer is no. That is another down side of using CDMA technology, with GMS phone's it's as simple as swapping the SIM card. Unfortunately you're stuck with what Verizon offers you.
    07-05-11 02:54 AM
    Verizon and Sprint are quite exclusive about activating devices from each others' networks. Some of the lower budget carriers might flash a phone to their network, but not Sprint or Verizon.

07-05-11 08:25 AM
    well, thanks everyone for the responses. I guess I will just have to decide which phone I really want, or maybe Verizion will come out with the Torch before long
    07-05-11 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD