Hey everyone,

I will soon be moving from the UK to the USA (joining the USAF). I am just wondering, if anyone knows, the differences between UK blackberry plans and US blackberry plans, like all costs involved, kind of plans, what is offered, etc. Just any info really would be good.

The breakdown of my UK plan for an 8900 on Vodafone is as follows:

750 minutes (cross network)
    3000 texts
    Unlimited data
    Blackberry Internet Service

All of the above for �30/month.

What kind of offers do US carriers have? What is the plan you are all on?

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

TJ

PS:Hopefully by the time I get over...the new Storm will be available!
    09-01-09 09:26 AM
    I'm on tmobile with an 8900.
    $34.99 for unlimited data and text
    $39.99 for 1000 anytime minutes with unlimited nights and weekends.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 09:46 AM
    Uk deals are wayyyy better than us deals! Prob coz we in uk arnt fools and won't pay 100 pounds a month for a mobile phone!!

09-01-09 11:01 AM
    Uk deals are wayyyy better than us deals! Prob coz we in uk arnt fools and won't pay 100 pounds a month for a mobile phone!!

I'd argue that the mobile phone networks are a little more difficult to manage in the US as opposed to the UK, and that might be part of the cost.
    09-01-09 11:09 AM

thats right, all of us in the us are fools.
    09-01-09 11:17 AM
    I think it depends where you will be living in the states. I live in the southern US (Mississippi) and use a provider called Cellular South that is only available in about 8-10 states I think, maybe less.

With my carrier, I have what they call "The Smartphone Plan" which is 500 minutes a month, unlimited data, unlimited SMS and voicemail. That's everything I need and I pay US$55 a month. Now if you're looking for nationwide coverage, you may want to check out one of the larger carriers like AT&T or VZW.

Like I said, just depends on where you're living.
    09-01-09 11:18 AM
    You guys are lucky. We users in Canada aren't even allowed to have unlimited data as a plan. For us to get that we'd have to go through L&R

Canadian plans are the WORST of the WORST
    From what I've seen ):
    09-01-09 11:23 AM
    Well, to be fair, I have a pretty sweet deal. My coverage is not great outside of the southern US but I hardly ever leave so it's perfect for me.
    09-01-09 11:40 AM
    I'm here in Jakarta Indonesia much more luckiest, only USD.15.00/month for unlimited data.
    09-01-09 01:23 PM
    Uk deals the best when converting to dollars. But the states is like loadsa different countries all together so guessing that's why its so much. Its practically like roaming over there!

I pay �21 per month.
    750 mins
    Unlimited txts
    Free downloads
    BIS unlimited

12m contract only too!!

09-01-09 01:40 PM
    yeah the plans over in the US seem alot different to over here in the UK,seem to be alot more expensive over there, not as bad as canada though :P haa
    09-01-09 02:46 PM
    And is it not also the case that in the States you have to pay for the phone as well?

I got my Bold free through Orange

�37 per month gets me
    1200 any network any time minutes
    Unlimited texts
    30 MMS messages
    BIS with unlimited data
    500mb additional data so I can tether the BB without extra data usage charge
    Next day replacement insurance

That equates to $61 US all in per month and including a free phone.
    09-01-09 07:37 PM
    Thanks for all the advice/answers. I guess the best thing to do will be to wait and go in to speak to the carriers themselves to try and get the best deal!

I wonder if I can take my Curve 8900 with me?
    09-02-09 06:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD