Whenever I turn off my blackberry, the battery dies out even if it's turned off.

So I am thinking.. that I should fully turn off in order to prevent battery consumption??

It's so weird, cause I don't even use my bb for 9 hours, and the battery is like 70% from 100%...
    10-20-08 11:25 PM
    What do you mean "fully" turned off??? As opposed to what?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-08 11:29 PM
    how do u fully turned off the device please?? thanks
    10-20-08 11:32 PM
    There is an option when you turn off your phone. Its phone off and full power off. And idk what it actually means either.

10-20-08 11:37 PM
    You only get the two options if you have activated AutoOn/Off.

'Turn Off' means Off until the next Auto-On (it will remind you when you turn off)

'Fully Off' means Off, and stay off until you hit the power button.

Off in this context means shut down the equipment but keep the OS loaded, more like the Standby or Hibernate mode on a regular PC. Really, really Off would give you the full reboot like you see with a battery pull.
    Last edited by branta; 10-21-08 at 03:04 AM.
    10-21-08 03:00 AM
    Thanks for that explanation! But ya know this is why I love my Berry because even when I still need my alarm, it wakes right back up! Even when I put the phone on Quiet! Those RIM people are genuises!

10-21-08 03:19 AM
    Yes. the Alarm will blow right through the Off mode (standby). Kind of useful if you need to be awake early and forget to mess with the 'On' time.
    10-21-08 05:00 AM
    If you set an alarm for a specific time - that will be the time for next 'turn on', if you did not set up turn on timing in the options separately. imho
    10-21-08 08:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD